BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  8
Author: Subject: U.S. Dept of State announces it will issue 'Level 4: Do Not Travel' advisories for 80% of countries in the coming...
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2021 at 07:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Jizz:
Quit bellyachin and move to Florida! You deserve Florida! You certainly are not deserving of california.

Why do all of you California haters continue to live in California?

Every time I post, you attack me personally. Rarely on the substance of what I post.

What does that say?

[Edited on 4-27-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-26-2021 at 08:10 PM

It says your posts have little substance ...

But you likely think that with your astute political acumen you would be a tremendous governor.

Don't believe everything you think....
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2021 at 08:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
California: 94,497 total cases per 1 million population
1,556 deaths per 1 million population

Florida: 102, 995 total cases per 1 million population
1,625 deaths per 1 million population.

Florida had no mask mandate. Didn't close their beaches. Didn't close their restaurants past the initial month or so. Opened all their schools. Has the 2nd oldest population in the US, CA is 45 oldest. Has 1/2 the unemployment of CA. Had all their outdoor theme parks open (btw, the NYT reported a week ago it's incredibly difficult to get Covid if you are outdoors).

And yet the Covid numbers are very similar. Both a little bit better than the national average.

Newsome is a horrible governor who put Californians through and unnecessary hell.

Why do you keep posting your political bullshlt here JZ? You use this forum and this thread as a platform to criticize the state you live in. Or else whine about pandemic restrictions belittling others who don't agree with your agenda.

Florida sucks and your constant whining does too. You can do better.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2021 at 08:30 PM

Just one of the crowd calling out your incessant bs :lol:

And this "my thread" thing is kinda silly....

And your imagination regarding how I came across your crap on other forums is a bit humorous.

[Edited on 4-27-2021 by motoged]

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2021 at 10:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Another comparison for you..

FL zero income tax.
CA 13% income tax.

CA homeless 161K.
FL homeless 28K.

CA is dying because of crappy government.

You claimed that Florida has done better than California on the Covid front, which is untrue, and I posted the actual data.

So your response is to deflect to income tax. Pathetic.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2021 at 10:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

You claimed that Florida has done better than California on the Covid front, which is untrue, and I posted the actual data.

So your response is to deflect to income tax. Pathetic.

Sorry for the confusion, my 1st comment was taking everything Covid related into consideration in the comparison.

That was more for Goat who has been telling us itt how well Gavin Newsome is doing. My apologies.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 4-26-2021 at 10:14 PM

I was born and grew up in California. I moved out when I retired 14 years ago. I still pay taxes on CA property and income because that’s where the business was until COVID came along.

I live in Baja as much as I can even now. The government there generally leaves you alone and tries to keep the roads open and the wells working. Mexico is poorer than the US, they have an excuse. Those in charge of CA are incompetent and arrogant! CA doesn’t have the poor excuse!

CA has bad roads, broken utilities, insane brush management policies, nonexistent law enforcement against property crimes and like some here the attitude that you’re lucky to be here! Well lately, not so much!

Wouldn't take free property in Florida or Texas because I don't like the weather. But lots of other folk are moving there cause that’s where the jobs are!

Then there the folks here from the NDP land of the north who feel empowered to put their 2 cents (3 cents Canadian!) in on CA rather than deal with their own numerous domestic problems! But that is a different rant!

ch47pilot
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 06:07 AM

Baja News please.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 06:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
I was born and grew up in California. I moved out when I retired 14 years ago. I still pay taxes on CA property and income because that’s where the business was until COVID came along.

I live in Baja as much as I can even now. The government there generally leaves you alone and tries to keep the roads open and the wells working. Mexico is poorer than the US, they have an excuse. Those in charge of CA are incompetent and arrogant! CA doesn’t have the poor excuse!

CA has bad roads, broken utilities, insane brush management policies, nonexistent law enforcement against property crimes and like some here the attitude that you’re lucky to be here! Well lately, not so much!

Wouldn't take free property in Florida or Texas because I don't like the weather. But lots of other folk are moving there cause that’s where the jobs are!

Then there the folks here from the NDP land of the north who feel empowered to put their 2 cents (3 cents Canadian!) in on CA rather than deal with their own numerous domestic problems! But that is a different rant!

Glad to hear that Californians are moving to texas and Florida and making those hot/humid states blue!
TX and FL GOP are desperately trying to bring back Jim Crow voting restrictions to fight the blue wave, but GOP will ultimately fail to restrict the people’s right to vote.
Freedom always wins over GOP oppression!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 06:56 AM

Jiz, please do California a favor. i feel you will be a great asset for Florida
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 07:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ch47pilot  
Baja News please.

Yes, the signal-to-noise ratio here is as bad as usual. What I gathered from the OP and supporting links was that the U.S. State Dept. advised against most international travel. What followed was the usual partisan sniping.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
ch47pilot
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 08:57 AM

Amen !
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 10:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Just one of the crowd calling out your incessant bs :lol:

And this "my thread" thing is kinda silly....

And your imagination regarding how I came across your crap on other forums is a bit humorous.

[Edited on 4-27-2021 by motoged]

X2. incessant indeed.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 12:22 PM

When does Motoged have his probation turned into a ban?
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 03:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

That's a question for Doug, I believe.

I also believe that my posts are within the accepted parameters. I am as free to post here as anyone else.

Don't read my posts if you have a problem with comments I may make.

Just exercising my rights.:biggrin:

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 03:53 PM

That's a question for Doug, I believe.

I also believe that my posts are within the accepted parameters. I am as free to post here as anyone else.

Don't read my posts if you have a problem with comments I may make.

Just exercising my rights.:biggrin:

Says the guy that trolls ALL of JZ's posts.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 05:14 PM

I don't troll anyone....but I do respond to posts which are presenting crap, extraordinary narcissism, sexism, racism, and similar indecencies.

Some Nomads just do that more than others.

Hmmmm, seems you might be trolling me :?:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 06:03 PM

I don't troll anyone....but I do respond to posts which are presenting crap, extraordinary narcissism, sexism, racism, and similar indecencies.

Some Nomads just do that more than others.

Hmmmm, seems you might be trolling me :?:

Shorty mcjizzy is a troll. He loves blurting our asinine, outrageous or politically incorrect things to stir up the chit.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 08:50 PM
Warning extends to Canada also

State Department has warned against travel to 80% of the world. Here’s what you need to know

''You may want to reconsider any plans to travel abroad.

That’s the recommendation from the U.S. State Department, which updated its Travel Advisories list this week warning Americans against foreign travel to include about 80% of countries worldwide.

Calling the risks the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic poses to travelers as “unprecedented,” the State Department said in an April 19 statement that it “strongly recommends U.S. citizens reconsider all travel abroad.”

The department said its advisories will now better reflect Travel Health Notices issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as taking into account factors such as in-country testing availability and travel restrictions on U.S. citizens.
“We believe the updated framework will help Americans make better-informed decisions about the safety of international travel,” said a State Department official. “We are closely monitoring health and safety conditions across the globe, and will continue to update our destination-specific information for U.S. travelers as conditions evolve.”

As a result of the update, some 8 out of 10 nations around the globe are classified as “Level 4: Do Not Travel.” More than 100 countries were recategorized Level 4, including popular destinations such as Canada, France, Mexico and the U.K.

The nations not downgraded to Level 4 are largely in East Asia, Oceania and parts of Africa and the Caribbean.

While many countries in the updated list of Level 4 destinations have their own restrictions against travel by foreigners, some do allow entry by air with proof of vaccination, a negative Covid test or other criteria. Americans may travel to Britain, for example, as long as they test negative within 72 hours before arrival; they must also fill out documentation and quarantine for 10 days.

Mexico, meanwhile, permits air arrivals and has no testing requirements although you may be screened or temperature checked at the airport.

The country has remained popular with Americans throughout the pandemic, despite testing or proof of recovery requirements upon return to the U.S.

For example, from the end of 2020 and through February, the Mexican state of Quintana Roo — home to resorts like Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum — welcomed nearly 1 million Americans.

The State Department’s advisories system is comprised of four color-coded levels: Level 1 (blue) – Exercise Normal Precautions; Level 2 (yellow) – Exercise Increased Caution; Level 3 (orange) – Reconsider Travel; and Level 4 (red). The latter is reserved for countries with a “greater likelihood of life-threatening risks” and U.S. citizens are advised not to travel there or to leave as soon as it’s safe to.

All international destinations had been labeled Level 4 at the start of the pandemic last March, but the State Department lifted that advisory in August.

The latest Travel Advisory levels can be found on the State Department website at Travel.state.gov.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/24/covid-80-percent-of-world-is...

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2021 at 09:44 PM

South-east Asia pandemic is spiking ....India and Pakistan seem to be leading with infection increase.

Flight restrictions from those countries are being implemented in Canada:

https://vancouversun.com/news/covid-19-canada-to-suspend-flights-from-india-pakistan-for-30-days

https://globalnews.ca/news/7784645/canada-travel-ban-covid-india-pakistan/

[Edited on 4-28-2021 by motoged]

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.