Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Sentri Good News
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2021 at 10:34 PM
Sentri Good News

Hi All,

We got our kids' approval last week and just came home from their interview at Otay Mesa. I was surprised to find a lot of openings in the evening. My wife and I were able to reschedule our appointment for later this year to last week in Calexico. If you have an appointment, check every day and you should be able to get an earlier appointment.

I asked the agent if the evening appointments were new. She said the new administration is focused on reducing the backlog. If I recall, they are doing interviews until 11pm or so. The agent also said they are working Sundays, too. She said 16 hour days are now common.

So finally some good news regarding Sentri.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2021 at 11:36 PM

Great to hear.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 4-29-2021 at 06:20 AM

The system is so random! We had to renew & switched to Global Entry, I was approved in less than a week, had my GE card for the SENTRI lane two days later. My husband? Conditional approval 7 months later, interview required, he did at SFO (with GE you don't need to interview at the border), 8 weeks later we had to call them to let them know we had not been notified of approval. Finally got that and his GE card. Crazy how inconsistent the backlog has made things, glad it is getting back on track.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2021 at 06:32 AM

REAL ID has been delayed yet again until 5-22. Eventually all airline travel will need a GOES/SENTRI or REAL ID card. The states are failing the implementation of REAL ID due to the long term ramifications associated with voting ID, IMO.

Es Todo Bueno
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2021 at 06:39 AM

Thanks bajaboy. I’m gonna log back in and see if I can get an earlier interview. Mine was schedule out like 10 months in the middle of nowhere!
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2021 at 07:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Thanks bajaboy. I’m gonna log back in and see if I can get an earlier interview. Mine was schedule out like 10 months in the middle of nowhere![/rquote

Check every day and trust me something will pop up. I was shocked when Otay came up.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2021 at 09:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
REAL ID has been delayed yet again until 5-22. Eventually all airline travel will need a GOES/SENTRI or REAL ID card. The states are failing the implementation of REAL ID due to the long term ramifications associated with voting ID, IMO.

Now 5/23

https://www.tsa.gov/real-id

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2021 at 09:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Hi All,

We got our kids' approval last week and just came home from their interview at Otay Mesa. I was surprised to find a lot of openings in the evening. My wife and I were able to reschedule our appointment for later this year to last week in Calexico. If you have an appointment, check every day and you should be able to get an earlier appointment.

I asked the agent if the evening appointments were new. She said the new administration is focused on reducing the backlog. If I recall, they are doing interviews until 11pm or so. The agent also said they are working Sundays, too. She said 16 hour days are now common.

So finally some good news regarding Sentri.

Right on! Viva Sentri!! :cool:

MAGA

BajaMama
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2021 at 07:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

A passport will work just fine for air travel, I know a few people who don't want to deal with the DMV and won't bother getting the Real ID since they have a passport, no additional credentials required.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-30-2021 at 07:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
I know a few people who don't want to deal with the DMV and won't bother getting the Real ID since they have a passport,...

“Deal?”
My trip to dmv to show docs and get Real ID DL took all of 1/2 hour.
Real ID DL fits in my pocket, passport doesn’t.

Don’t make appts at DMV. Do walk-in early mornings, always easy in/out.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-30-2021 at 07:55 AM

A passport card is what I have been using, since Alaska still wasn't up to the real ID standard with their driver's license the last time I renewed mine.

It serves the purpose for all but international flight requirements, and it fits in my wallet!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2021 at 09:04 PM

We got our Sentri cards just over a week after our interview so things are definitely picking up. Unfortunately, I'm in Baja now. One more crossing without Sentri....wish me luck.

BajaMama
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2021 at 01:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
I know a few people who don't want to deal with the DMV and won't bother getting the Real ID since they have a passport,...

“Deal?”
My trip to dmv to show docs and get Real ID DL took all of 1/2 hour.
Real ID DL fits in my pocket, passport doesn’t.

Don’t make appts at DMV. Do walk-in early mornings, always easy in/out.

I hear you - I got my Read ID ages ago, I do make appts at DMV, was in and out fast. To each their own :)
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2021 at 02:13 PM

We got our Sentri cards just over a week after our interview so things are definitely picking up. Unfortunately, I'm in Baja now. One more crossing without Sentri....wish me luck.

Buena suerte! :saint:

MAGA

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2021 at 05:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

3 hours today at Tecate:lol:

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 07:31 AM

Nice way to go out. I promise your next cross will be quicker. :cool::lol::yes:

MAGA

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 02:16 PM

Nice way to go out. I promise your next cross will be quicker. :cool::lol::yes:

I kind of savored the long wait knowing it would be my last:lol:

laventana
Nomad

Mood: sharing

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 04:57 PM

The system is so random! We had to renew & switched to Global Entry, I was approved in less than a week, had my GE card for the SENTRI lane two days later. My husband? Conditional approval 7 months later, interview required, he did at SFO (with GE you don't need to interview at the border), 8 weeks later we had to call them to let them know we had not been notified of approval. Finally got that and his GE card. Crazy how inconsistent the backlog has made things, glad it is getting back on track.

It is not crystal clear on the website, can you use global entry at the sentri pedestrian entry points?

It is clear if you have the sentri you can use it for flying.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 06:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by laventana  

It is not crystal clear on the website, can you use global entry at the sentri pedestrian entry points?

Additional information. They asked us if we wanted GE. Also kids are free for Sentri unless you also want GE for them. If you do, they charge you for finger prints. We obviously opted for GE as well.

[Edited on 5-5-2021 by Bajaboy]

[Edited on 5-5-2021 by Bajaboy]

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 07:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by laventana  

Yes you can for sure.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.