BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Only place to stay in Pescadero if you can afford it. Rancho Pescadero.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2021 at 10:14 AM
Only place to stay in Pescadero if you can afford it. Rancho Pescadero.

One of two cranes I saw last month on San Pedrito Beach. The old Rancho was spectacular. The new and improved will be the stuff of fantasies. Nothing close on the Peninsula unless it's The One and Only Pamilla. https://www.oneandonlyresorts.com/palmilla

http://ranchopescadero.com

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
5-2-2021 at 11:00 AM
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2021 at 11:08 AM

My wife and I had dinner in the garden at Rancho Pescadero a few years back. It was so delicious, and the atmosphere so pleasant we didn't want to leave!

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2021 at 12:46 PM

it's a giant project. lots of equipment and workers. in the earlier version, pre remodel, they made an effort to not exclude local expats, even though they were not the target customers. the garden restaurant was an example. when first open anyone could dine in the hotel area...they then decided the interior area would be for hotel guests only. their PR moves made the local gringos feel good about the operation.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 5-2-2021 at 09:43 PM

I’m writing this from right up the beach north of there! We used to go there for drinks and pu-pu’s occasionally! I’ll post a current picture in the AM. Rumor has it that Hyatt is doing something in this same area!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 06:26 AM

the rumor i heard is this place will be the Hyatt.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 06:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
it's a giant project. lots of equipment and workers. in the earlier version, pre remodel, they made an effort to not exclude local expats, even though they were not the target customers. the garden restaurant was an example. when first open anyone could dine in the hotel area...they then decided the interior area would be for hotel guests only. their PR moves made the local gringos feel good about the operation.

What about the local Mexicans, were they made to feel welcome too?

Here is the website description of what is coming — Lots of talk about apothecary, health, wellness, treatments,...
Sounds like the resort is a sanitarium for sickly people

Here is description:

“To share a bit of the vision across almost 30 acres, we are adding a new Oceanfront restaurant, additional suites (all have ocean views) with private plunge pools and a new wellness center with an apothecary where you can distill organic herbs from our farm to use in your spa treatments. We’re expanding our yoga programs with two studios, adding Pilates, Barre, a lap pool, a new indoor/outdoor gym with Pickle ball courts and acres of new trails and gardens. We’re excited for you to experience these additions to Rancho. Connecting with yourself, your partner and nature is essential to the Rancho Way and adding wonderful wellness components to our organic and sustainable mission will make the property even more special.”

Why does a hotel need an on site apothecary?

[Edited on 5-3-2021 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 07:45 AM

Yikes. Does that mean that Rancho Pescadero as we once knew it will be kaput?

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 08:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

What about the local Mexicans, were they made to feel welcome too?

Here is the website description of what is coming — Lots of talk about apothecary, health, wellness, treatments,...
Sounds like the resort is a sanitarium for sickly people

Here is description:

“To share a bit of the vision across almost 30 acres, we are adding a new Oceanfront restaurant, additional suites (all have ocean views) with private plunge pools and a new wellness center with an apothecary where you can distill organic herbs from our farm to use in your spa treatments. We’re expanding our yoga programs with two studios, adding Pilates, Barre, a lap pool, a new indoor/outdoor gym with Pickle ball courts and acres of new trails and gardens. We’re excited for you to experience these additions to Rancho. Connecting with yourself, your partner and nature is essential to the Rancho Way and adding wonderful wellness components to our organic and sustainable mission will make the property even more special.”

Why does a hotel need an on site apothecary?

[Edited on 5-3-2021 by mtgoat666]

local Mexicans of average means are not found in the higher priced venues...but you knew that.
what we are seeing is Mexican tourists with sufficient resources to dine out in the more costly restaurants.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 08:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

well, i certainly hope not. things are evolving here at light speed.
many here miss the garden restaurant. the guest chef thing they did was a big hit.
change is the only sure bet.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 09:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

well, i certainly hope not. things are evolving here at light speed.
many here miss the garden restaurant. the guest chef thing they did was a big hit.
change is the only sure bet.

Prob be a Hyatt license and owner, LH, of Levi money, will sell for multi-million deal, but run the operation.

Spent a few Thanksgiving Garden meals over the years. Mariachi from La Paz playing, great food, friends.

Sounds of building will drive me out one day. Just the way it is.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 06:19 PM

Here’s today’s photo of what is being built! Today was the Labor Day holiday in Mexico, but they were hard at work!

142B4B3B-3C31-47B7-A4BD-9C62296A3CDB.jpeg - 104kB
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2021 at 07:39 AM

According to this article in Mexico News Daily, Hyatt plans one of its "Unbound Collection" hotels in Todos Santos by 2025. The article reveals that its source is this post on expansion.mx (in Spanish). It calls the project "The Unbound Collection Rancho Pescadero By Hyatt", which would seem to connect the dots.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2021 at 08:12 AM

a couple years ago....a small percentage, but increasing daily.
i get the distinct feeling mexico has a rapidly expanding middle class with accompanied disposable income.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2021 at 09:01 AM

The Rancho Pescadeo website denies that the original owners sold out but buying a franchise from Hyatt might allow both things to be true.

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2021 at 05:07 AM

More on the Hyatt-ization of Rancho Pescadero from the Gringo Gazette. It's short on details, but does seem to have a shorter timeline.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-11-2021 at 06:02 AM

The Rancho pesca remodel is a tear-down and rebuild, so seems to not be an “unbound”-type property, but more of a Hyatt cookie cutter project.

I stay in chain hotels when traveling for work, but in past few decades have not stayed in a chain hotel on vacation. What is the appeal of the big megaplexes for you vacationers that stay in the big chain hotels?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2021 at 07:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

The Rancho pesca remodel is a tear-down and rebuild, so seems to not be an “unbound”-type property, but more of a Hyatt cookie cutter project.

I stay in chain hotels when traveling for work, but in past few decades have not stayed in a chain hotel on vacation. What is the appeal of the big megaplexes for you vacationers that stay in the big chain hotels?

We're not those type of vacationers. When traveling to Baja, we typically rent a casita with a well-equipped kitchen and cook most of our own meals, but we did enjoy the garden restaurant at the old Rancho Pescadero years back. I do feel like the rebuild will be a clone of a Los Cabos resort transported 50 or so miles away.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2021 at 09:52 AM

Someone is spreading rumors including the Gazette. Rancho isn't a tear down but a add-on. I fully explain the attraction of resort inclusive living and further explanation is pointless. To each their own.

Anyone know about Cyril's old place near Cabo Extreme? Heard the Rancho owner bought it years ago. Nobody will be happy with gentrification up there.

F*ck it.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2021 at 11:38 AM

i just rode past cyrils old place yesterday...looked about the same.
he has been gone over 15 years no?
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 03:35 PM

An update on the Rancho Pescadero renovation from the Gringo Gazette:

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.