BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Only place to stay in Pescadero if you can afford it. Rancho Pescadero.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 10:56 AM

The road to Rancho is the one next to the Pemex in town. Wish I could see the expressions on people driving down that road. Heavily Vado'd, tope'd, narrow and crowded.

Tequila Road is worse starting with the sewer running into the road.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 11:23 AM

I used to spend a couple of months every winter camping at San Pedrito before there was a campground and trailer park hookups.

Those were the days my friends.

To even imagine what that surrounding area has been developed into hurts my soul.

I recall hiking into the almost enclosed bay a few miles north of the point and thinking, wow, what a spot for a hotel. There was a nearby beach break that would sometimes offer a choice for surfing after a morning session.

It was a long hike down to the water from the approach trail. I believe it was once used by whalers long ago for its protective harbor.

Has anything ever gone in there? This was south of the beach where the fisherman all launched their boats until that beach was sold off, or rather sold out.

One would think, don't screw the local fishermen and continue to provide them the space on the beach to do their thing. It would cost the developers nothing of substance and show some heart and respect for the locals. Punta Lobo would been easy to help sustain the beach for the pangas use. I doubt it ever entered the developers consciousness.

Just imagine the good will such a move would have made to the community.

I still have treasured friends living in the area and hope to make a visit someday when the timing works. To them, my wishes for the best in all things. Your generous hospitality was always appreciated.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 12:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
The road to Rancho is the one next to the Pemex in town. Wish I could see the expressions on people driving down that road. Heavily Vado'd, tope'd, narrow and crowded.

I was pretty amazed by the development south of the tequila ranch, and in particular the area right around Modern Elder Academy. And to think I nearly bought a house not too far from there a few years back. I also looked at a few nice lots in Pescadero that now have big houses on them. I didn't get to "Rancho Pescadero Road" or Cerritos during my last trip - I just plain ran out of time.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 07:50 PM

My concern anywhere at the S. end of Pedrito would be zoning. Some nice homes down that way, and condos, and a cantina or House of Ill Repute can go up overnight. Don't remember how long the Ladies partied at this location but music blared into the night for a long time.

Anyone recall what happened? No thanks.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2022 at 06:22 AM

A few years back I asked a builder in Todos Santos about zoning in my broken Spanish. He spoke no English at all, but made a sign of the cross.

My concern anywhere at the S. end of Pedrito would be zoning. Some nice homes down that way, and condos, and a cantina or House of Ill Repute can go up overnight. Don't remember how long the Ladies partied at this location but music blared into the night for a long time.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2022 at 06:56 AM

Yes that sheet creek flowing down that road is quite charming.
Several businesses along that road are miffed that customers have to drive through sewage to reach their restaurants and boutique hotels.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2022 at 07:04 AM

I remember the brothel in that neighborhood. Truck drivers would drive their rigs down from the highway [ a mile of bad road] pull up...the brothel operator would then turn on the lights ..crank up the blown speakers music to 10, and wake the girls.
A buddy was living across the road then.
It was funny....if you lived out of ear shot. It disappeared about 10 years ago?
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2022 at 11:25 AM

Just attended a meeting of miffed neighbors regarding an outfit called "baja sage".
They feel permits are not something they need to proceed with their hugely unpopular development.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2022 at 02:33 PM

It's the people who live nearby. Most of which are expats and some local Mexicans.
It is alleged they have ignored standard permitting processes for construction and have developed an unauthorized well. Today the meeting was in regard to placing power poles down the center of the access road to several residential properties.
Rather than having unsightly poles on land they own.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2022 at 05:09 PM

Had dinner with Conley couple years ago in Pesky. He is an acquaintance. Only positive things to say about him.

PROFEPA is a good resource for permit management. They would want to know about illegalities, esp. wells. Def a no-no.

F*ck it.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2022 at 06:07 PM

Jajaja. We're on the hill and had a great view of the old Marabunta, some nights they'd go until 6 or 7 am. Chili season was the busiest time, the rest of the year the local guys were so poor, they'd park along the road under the mango trees and listen to music and drink, then go grab a quickie. The gals would stroll the neighborhood trying to entice my workers when things got slow. Had one neighbor who spent a lot of money on lawyers trying to get rid of them, I suggested that a webcam focused on the parking lot would probably be more effective. They never bothered me much, but I do appreciated the reduced late night traffic since they've been gone. It looks like someone's turning the old building into a swanky house now. Oh if walls could talk.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2022 at 06:12 PM

Had dinner with Conley couple years ago in Pesky. He is an acquaintance. Only positive things to say about him.

PROFEPA is a good resource for permit management. They would want to know about illegalities, esp. wells. Def a no-no.
Chip's been a good neighbor and has contributed generously to the community. He recently bought the bomberos a new water truck.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2022 at 03:14 PM

Here is an article from "Afar" magazine written by someone who has probably never been to Baja. That said, the article mentions that the original owner is still at the helm and plans to position the renovated resort as a model of sustainability.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-19-2022 at 04:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
…the article mentions that the original owner is still at the helm and plans to position the renovated resort as a model of sustainability.

In a capitalist system, the symbolism of placing a gated luxury resort among people living in poverty is not sustainable. Such economic disparity and classism of this resort is symbolic of other inequality throughout Mexico and the capitalist world.
Classism and inequality is not sustainable. History has shown that every civilization will eventually fail, and inequality/classism is almost Always the root cause.

Anyhow, The operation may be electrically sustainable if they put a big honking solar farm on site. Bit is the hotel economically and socially sustainable? Was the capital expenditure a sustainable act? And is perpetuating Classism sustainable over the long term?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2022 at 08:18 PM

Rancho has at least 100 people working at every level, plus the big money coming in from guests. Hopefully workers are sharing in the profits. Good for the local MX economy.

Didn't read the article. They all sound the same and most lack credibility.

F*ck it.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-19-2022 at 08:24 PM

Hay Goat,

Ever been to Non-Capitalist Country? There are still gated resorts with armed (military) guards. Still have poor folk living around them. The difference is the poor in the non-capitalist country don’t get paid to work in those resorts! Those running the “Workers Paradise” are the guests!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-19-2022 at 09:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Hay Goat,

Ever been to Non-Capitalist Country? There are still gated resorts with armed (military) guards. Still have poor folk living around them. The difference is the poor in the non-capitalist country don’t get paid to work in those resorts! Those running the “Workers Paradise” are the guests!

The USA has been around for about 245 years. The first 190-years were marked by institutionalized classism in form of slavery and Jim Crow laws.
Usa is still grappling with classism, today white majority still use cops and other quasi-institutionalized racism to subjugate and oppress minorities.
History proves that all countries/governments eventually decline.
Democracy does not exist, it is fakery. The current state of democracy is actually oligarchy.
Ultimately, the end state that people will aspire to will be tribal communism.

[Edited on 3-20-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-19-2022 at 09:43 PM

Goat,

You still need to get out more! You sound strangely like the Anarchist you accused me of being! Post State Marxism might work if it weren’t for the government guys with the nukes who won't let you opt out and stop paying taxes!
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2022 at 06:28 PM

Just read this article about the renovated Rancho Pescadero.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2022 at 09:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
Just read this article about the renovated Rancho Pescadero.

...''where barefoot luxury meets Mexican soul.'' Yeah baby:cool:

Might have to book a weekend to use the lap pool. Pickle ball paddle and court shoes de rigueur.

They have their share of weddings here. Fireworks at night on the beach with explosions close enough my RV shakes.

Thx for posting Paul.

F*ck it.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.