BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Anyone know a good real estate agent in Loreto?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2021 at 08:20 PM
Anyone know a good real estate agent in Loreto?

Especially, someone familiar with Loreto Bay?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2021 at 10:20 PM

JZ, senseless to ask, I think. Al dirt pimps are same. They are pushing the sales price as high as possible to make more money. 6 or 8 % from 500.000 is more than from 400.000.
But to buy these days might be a good idea. A friend of mine purchased a property here in Cabo and negotiated the price down by close to 30 %. Selling these days is a whole lot of a different story. I am watching some websites about selling properties. The offers are pinned in concrete! Those dirt pimps here in Cabo are considering changing their job to timeshare or even bar keeper.
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 05:41 AM

I like for Loreto bay Cris and Eric at Ronival. I have worked with them to sell some property and all they are very hard working and easy to keep in touch with .

52 613-118-8970

Also I am working with Denise and Cris at Live in loreto realestate on another project. Very professional and knowledgeable on all dealings in the area
954-608-7882
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 07:01 AM

I’ve just listed my Loreto Bay home with Dee Wise of Momentum Realty, their group is very good. I can also recommend Eric Olsen at Ronival.

[Edited on 5-3-2021 by rhintransit]

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 09:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
JZ, senseless to ask, I think. Al dirt pimps are same. They are pushing the sales price as high as possible to make more money. 6 or 8 % from 500.000 is more than from 400.000.

Not how RE works.

Market drives prices so blame the cash rich Californians coming down. Where I live in Pesky, Californians are building the nicest priciest homes. Rumor of legit drug money is abundant.

Prices will slow, even plateau, like the '08 scenario, but it'll come back and, IMO, now is a great time to buy. Don't know the Loreto market but Loreto Bay is popular.

RE people are brokers, middle men and women. Some have questionable ethics, and morals are sometimes out the window.

There are honest agents though who can help a client arrive at the right price for a sale. Sellers (owners) determine the price of their home. All sellers want the most money they can get. Buyers want lowest price they can pay. Been that way a long time.

Study the market, go slow, find an honest, ethical RE broker. Check references. Buyer beware.

JZ. What's up? You asking for yourself or someone else?

Rhintransit. Will you list details of your home here?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 10:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rhintransit  
I’ve just listed my Loreto Bay home with Dee Wise of Momentum Realty, their group is very good. I can also recommend Eric Olsen at Ronival.

are you bugging out :?:
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 10:54 AM

[/rquote]

As soon as the listing is published, will post a link here. Photos are being taken today

rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by rhintransit  

are you bugging out :?:

Nope, one can never leave Baja once its really in your blood. Just time for a change.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 11:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Wife and I are gonna come down this month to look at properties.

[Edited on 5-3-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 04:02 PM

Not how RE works.

Market drives prices so blame the cash rich Californians coming down. Where I live in Pesky, Californians are building the nicest priciest homes. Rumor of legit drug money is abundant.

Prices will slow, even plateau, like the '08 scenario, but it'll come back and, IMO, now is a great time to buy. Don't know the Loreto market but Loreto Bay is popular.

RE people are brokers, middle men and women. Some have questionable ethics, and morals are sometimes out the window.

There are honest agents though who can help a client arrive at the right price for a sale. Sellers (owners) determine the price of their home. All sellers want the most money they can get. Buyers want lowest price they can pay. Been that way a long time.

Study the market, go slow, find an honest, ethical RE broker. Check references. Buyer beware.

Find an honest and ethical RE broker???
How do you know before doing business with him that he/she has ethical values?
Those references??????? Mostly published by themselves or friends.
Not a reliable source to find out about the dirt pimp.
Market determines the prices? Not always. Right here in CSL the prices do not vary since begin of the pandemic. But only very little is actually sold. Same on rentals. Nobody wants to be the first showing a better price. It all comes down to the sales/buying process. Put the money on the table and say: That`s it! Take it or leave it. It worked w/ my friend perfectly.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 07:29 PM

I was responding to your comment that dirt pimps are all the same. And that they drive up prices. And think you're wrong on both counts.

If you can't weed out honest from dishonest people, I recommend you not do business where money is involved.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 04:04 PM

I've bought and sold about a dozen properties in three different countries and luckily have only met one "dirt pimp" in all that time. Even then I understood where he was coming from and did my best to limit his leverage.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 04:59 PM

I was responding to your comment that dirt pimps are all the same. And that they drive up prices. And think you're wrong on both counts.

If you can't weed out honest from dishonest people, I recommend you not do business where money is involved.

Well, First of all, I am doing business every day and money is involved.
On the other hand, name me one business where no money is involved?
Money is the thing to do business.
Secondly, I was not saying that ALL dirt pimps are same. What I wanted to point out: Be careful when dealing with a dirt pimp! MOST of them have no ethic values and it is like retired uncle Donald said: Money first.
Again, they have the strongest interest on every deal to push the sales price as high as possible. By reason of their own profit. Understandable?
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 05:29 PM

Not to derail JZ'S topic but It's seems like everything in San Felipe that sat on the market is now sold! I've been watching the area and it seems like everything sold during covid?
The legal weed business in California is making people very rich and they have money they need to put places. The problem with us Californians is that once we sell we can't afford to come back so you have to be sure before you go.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 07:37 PM

Secondly, I was not saying that ALL dirt pimps are same. What I wanted to point out: Be careful when dealing with a dirt pimp!....

Again, they have the strongest interest on every deal to push the sales price as high as possible. By reason of their own profit. Understandable?

My initial response was to your point that all dirt pimps are the same. That's what you wrote. Anyway, points taken.

My point in your last paragraph is that all agents work for the Seller, represents the Seller's financial interest (fiduciary). More money Seller gets, more commission agent gets. I would expect an agent working for me to get top dollar. If a buyer pays more than the property is worth, the agent is doing their job. Maybe you see this as a glass half full vs. half empty.

Unless there is a Buyer's Agreement between agent and buyer, the agent is working (getting paid) for the Seller, as commission is paid from the Seller's proceeds.

Without this Agreement, it's ethical for an agent to get a buyer to pay as much as possible -- as the agent isn't working for the buyer. Buyer is customer, Seller is client.

I'm not sure we're in agreement about the definition of dirt pimp. Unscrupulous, unethical, immoral, illegal, defines it for me.

Inflating property values, even artificially, to me, is not a dirt pimp but a RE agent doing their job.

No more point to be made here. We agree/disagree on intricacies.

F*ck it.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2021 at 04:22 PM

La Bocana has sold more lots and has more building going on than we have ever seen before!

Loreto Bay is so beautiful! What a good choice. Be sure you have a guest room and we can do a swap.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2021 at 10:25 PM

I think you would prefer real mexico in Loreto proper over the gringo enclave/Karen fortress known as Loreto Bay

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2021 at 09:00 AM

No regulatory entity for real estate people here in Mexico that dictates standards, ie: no license required.
No Insurance, Bonding, Schooling, Examinations, etc....

Anybody can hang a shingle, beware. Lot of time-share types running around that can't cut it elsewhere.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-9-2021 at 09:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by defrag4  
I think you would prefer real mexico in Loreto proper over the gringo enclave/Karen fortress known as Loreto Bay

Sounds like you haven't paid attention to his posts....

Don't believe everything you think....
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2021 at 09:35 AM

they have the strongest interest on every deal to push the sales price as high as possible. By reason of their own profit. Understandable?

Actually, as pointed out in the book "Freakanomics" an agent representing the seller has an incentive to get the seller to accept a lower price, if it means closing the deal. Three percent of 500K is $15,000, three percent of 400K is $12,000 not a large difference, especially compared to three percent of nothing if the property goes unsold.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.