BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: CBP actively sabotaging legal border crossings (Again!)
Gypsy62

[*] posted on 5-12-2021 at 07:38 PM
CBP actively sabotaging legal border crossings (Again!)

Wed., May 12, '21:
Anybody who has crossed in the past week has seen the suffering that the CBP has been needlessly inflicting on folks crossing at the 'Regular' and Ready lines. Even Sentry (snobs) appear to be waiting 15min(!].

I have been in TJ visually monitoring the Ready line daily all week in person, deciding whether I wanted to endure the passenger vehicle gauntlet; clearly, 3-4 hour wait at 1pm, ALL weekdays . WTF!!!

This past Sunday, a dual-citizen friend chose to wait in the Mexican-citizen line: EIGHT AND A HALF FREAKING HOURS!!!

Those of you who have suffered through the CBP's bullchit border-crossing sabotage this week at TJ-San Ysidro need to directly express your outrage to the US federal politicians whom represent the border region. Who knows what influence they may prevail upon trumpanov's left-over Klan-posse running the CBP in DC, but one can hope:

- US Representative Juan Vargas, Dem. represents CA 51st district including the San Ysidro border zone:
@ Wash DC: 202 225-8045
@ Chula Vista: 619 422-5963

- US Senator, D-CA, Alex Padilla (assumed Kamala Harris' seat]:
@ DC: 202 224-3553
@ SD CA: 619 239-3884

- US Senator Dianne Feinstein, D-CA:
@ DC: 202 224-3841
@ SD CA: 619 231-9712

If you actually think it's worth contacting any republican pols, knock yourself out.

In 2016, the CBP's union was the 1st in the US to endorse trumpanov. Their leadership has been exacting revenge at the border since his loss last year. This week, they injected their hissy-fit with steroids.

Blame Central American refugees camping at the border?
Gimme' an fn break. I rode my bike into their encampment on Tues: bunched-tents in front of the shopping-mall ped-crossing.
They are all just chillin'; HARDLY poised to charge the border!
Reality and truth.

I waited 30min to cross w/bike @ SYsidro Ready ped-line.
[Ysidro cambios @ MXP19.5/1USD.]

Note: CBP is not stalling commercial truck traffic. Why not? Because the last time they sabotaged the border crossings (the week following trumpanov's election-loss) they sabotaged ALL traffic, but then all the 'pubs that own factories in MX screamed bloody murder so they backed-off.

They learned the lesson not to pinch their corporate supporters, so this time they are strictly screwing the regular folks crossing legally.

Call.
Raise hell.
Aloha

PS- just scoped the thread re Mary-Anne's disappearance @ BOLA. Although I didn't know her personally, any missing person incident is nauseating. Hope for good news.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-12-2021 at 08:10 PM

How about our northern border, does anyone know if things are slowed down there as well?

I wonder if CBP has transferred agents to to problem areas, leaving the rest of the crossing points short handed?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2021 at 08:16 PM

Sure just connect the dots................. Trump`s fault, no doubt.
And don`t believe the agents who say the border was being controlled before the election then all heck broke loose! Maybe some agents are now working in Texas doing babysitting duties.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
Mr. Bills
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 07:43 AM

A lot of opinion in the first post but not many facts other than a list of some elected office holders and their office phone numbers.

But I didn't see a phone number for Kamala Harris. Isn't she supposed to be resolving the border crisis concern?
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 08:49 AM

Interesting as they have opened up evening appointments for Sentri applicants. The officer also told me they are working 16 hour days as well.

Maybe border traffic is up:light:

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 09:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  
Isn't she supposed to be resolving the border crisis concern?

What do you think she should do? (Personally I have no idea.)

Whether it is Kamala Harris, or Mike Pence before her, the value of a personal visit to the border is not justified by the waste of resources and disruption of the actual work being done to justify the trip.

It would be nothing more than a "photo op" in the long run. I expect our leaders to be able to delegate responsibility to competent people that will provide the feedback to guide and implement official policy.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Gypsy62

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 09:56 AM

Clearly, the crowd that regularly monitors this site are not frequent x-border travellers, hence don't care about the current CBP misconduct; "If it doesn't affect ME, why should I care?" Fairly typical Baja expat-gringo attitude (Socal/AZ, relocated South...).
Those of us whom DO cross >1/month DO know what constitute "normal" crossing times.
Normal weekdays, post morning rush-hour (>11am):
- Regular @ +/- 2hrs,
- Ready @ +/- 1hr,
- Sentri @ minutes.

By far, this sabotage is causing the most suffering to folks in the "Regular" lane (for non-US Citizens). Green-Card holders; Brown folks.

Scramble & scratch to cover for the CBP with BS excuses, but:
After 8.5hrs in the locals line on Sunday, my fairly traumatized friend (solo, = no toilet break) asked the agent what the hell was going on.
Their response:
"there's some kind of infighting going on inside the CBP"
Pressing with " what's does that mean, exactly?", the agent clammed up.

Also damning: the CBP's own Border Wait website is posting bogus crossing times to hide their sabotage. The "Normals" are up to blind the truth.

By party registration*, it is a statistical fact that the CBP is the most republican-partisan federal agency (with the USAF a close 2nd). It is what it is, but when they flex their political loyalties by intentionally failing their duties at legit border crossings that's another matter.

Do something, or don't. Some of us are.

*Political party affiliations are publicly available info.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 11:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  
Isn't she supposed to be resolving the border crisis concern?

What do you think she should do? (Personally I have no idea.)

im holding my breath for your constructive solutions mrbills.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 11:39 AM

Maybe reverse what happened a month ago and reopen some lanes? Otay should have 11 lanes open. Lately, it has 8 or 9 open.
Maybe a good old executive order from Joe could make it happen.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 12:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Whether it is Kamala Harris, or Mike Pence before her, the value of a personal visit to the border is not justified by the waste of resources and disruption of the actual work being done to justify the trip.
It would be nothing more than a "photo op" in the long run.

And yet Republican politicians and members of congress seem to have no problem making the trip for the these photo ops. One even went to the San Ysidro crossing a week or so ago dressed in camo.

[Edited on 5-13-2021 by apple]
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 02:30 PM

although restrictions were mostly ignored this certainly won't help crossing times (sd/tj):(

https://www.sandiegored.com/en/news/204534/Lifting-restricti...

[Edited on 5-13-2021 by del mar]
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 03:13 PM
I just checked the border wait times

Regular lanes at 3:00 p.m. today, May 13

TJ - 110 minutes

Otay Mesa - 200 minutes

Mexicali west (east is closed) - 160 minutes

SENTRI is about 12 to 15 minutes at all three

John M
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 03:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gypsy62  
Clearly, the crowd that regularly monitors this site are not frequent x-border travellers, hence don't care about the current CBP misconduct; "If it doesn't affect ME, why should I care?" Fairly typical Baja expat-gringo attitude (Socal/AZ, relocated South...).
Those of us whom DO cross >1/month DO know what constitute "normal" crossing times.
Normal weekdays, post morning rush-hour (>11am):
- Regular @ +/- 2hrs,
- Ready @ +/- 1hr,
- Sentri @ minutes.

By far, this sabotage is causing the most suffering to folks in the "Regular" lane (for non-US Citizens). Green-Card holders; Brown folks.

Scramble & scratch to cover for the CBP with BS excuses, but:
After 8.5hrs in the locals line on Sunday, my fairly traumatized friend (solo, = no toilet break) asked the agent what the hell was going on.
Their response:
"there's some kind of infighting going on inside the CBP"
Pressing with " what's does that mean, exactly?", the agent clammed up.

Also damning: the CBP's own Border Wait website is posting bogus crossing times to hide their sabotage. The "Normals" are up to blind the truth.

By party registration*, it is a statistical fact that the CBP is the most republican-partisan federal agency (with the USAF a close 2nd). It is what it is, but when they flex their political loyalties by intentionally failing their duties at legit border crossings that's another matter.

Do something, or don't. Some of us are.

*Political party affiliations are publicly available info.

Lol @ you for not having Sentri and for voting for a group that wants to destroy America as we know it.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

white whale
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 04:32 PM

Surprising thread. Air travel seemed to be business as usual for a long time but is the land crossing almost there as well? Is it just casual dissuasion not to cross or is 2019 back * with proof of vax? Outside of this discussion of wait times can US and MEX nationals just cross for any purpose now? Quite the opposite at the CAN US border - zero, zilch, agents there are literally falling asleep in the booths.

The OP had mention of biking - they have to go in the PED lane, is that on both sides? Seems very racist against human power. They kick you out of the auto lane?

Border agents pre 9-11 not always the sharpest minds or high quality hires. Lots are still that way but now they carry a car sized battery / chip on their shoulder and with a keyboard stoke they can mark you with an X over your digital face.

[Edited on 5-13-2021 by white whale]

[Edited on 5-13-2021 by white whale]

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around Life During Wartime - Talking Heads '79
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 06:52 PM

We never cross in SD. because the traffic sucks! All I can say is the Mexicali crossing times (both ways) seem to be a function of the number of people who want to cross! This can be from a few minutes to a few hours! (Hint) Don't cross on Saturday or Sunday cause that’s when the line is the longest!

I’ve seen no change recently (post 1/22/21) except more people crossing! The panhandling folks from south of Mexico don't slow down the traffic! I haven't seen the border patrol dragging their heels either!
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 07:26 AM

Back to original post - I would imagine that CBP is checking a little closer at San Ysidro crossing since there are so many migrants at the border - tempting for a humanitarian to want to help and try to smuggle them. The closer check means longer wait time.

On a lighter note: I am crossing into Baja via Mexicali on Tuesday - yay, fishing, paddle boarding, snorkeling, tacos and old friends, here I come! :)

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
5-14-2021 at 09:03 AM
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 09:08 AM

The rebuilt northbound San Ysidro crossing has tandem booths; that is, two inspection booths in each line. As far as I know, they have never manned the second booth.

Perhaps using the facility as designed would speed things up.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 10:27 AM

Best to not use Tj outbound it's a headache without Sentry. Otay just as bad
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 12:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  
After waiting in line at Tecate for 2.5 hours last year, on a Tuesday, I quit going to Baja. (The usual wait at that time / day used be 0-10 minutes) The increased wait times can be attributed to the decreased hours due to covid. And, as the OP pointed out, there may also be a bit of a political back story. I have to say, for people that live in Mexico and cross to the US to work, then return to Mexico, well, who say the US has to expedite the crossing of non US citizens who work in the US and take their paycheck back to Mexico. You may have noticed that the current conservative movement is somewhat anti-immigration. Indeed, only the obvious incompetence/ pathological lying / disconnected from reality thank God he doesn't have the codes to the nukes any more personality of the last president resulted in him not getting reelected on his anti immigration platform.

Homeland security responds when the rich and white are inconvenienced at LAX or NYC immigration, or a sentri lane. Homeland security does not care about the brown, lower classes that use land borders w/o global entry or sentri.

CBP thinks gringos are fools for using the general and readi lanes,… they figure if you can’t afford sentri, or are so untrustworthy to not warrant sentri, then they might as well chit on you.

CBP officers are blunt tools of the man.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 01:01 PM

Sounds like they caught Goat with a blunt and smacked him around a little one day. Good for CBP.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.