BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: CBP actively sabotaging legal border crossings (Again!)
white whale
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 02:05 PM

So just to be clear right now. US nationals get waived through southbound whatever the purpose of the trip is? Mexico wants that cash. Northbound is Work to Rule union days or legit screening depending on your point of view. Based on the description if I was near the border I'd say $10/yr sounds like a deal for Sentri. A benefit of shorter lines for Mex nationals at the same time.

Is Sentri all automated as Nexus is for CAN/US - slow drive right through, wave to the man or gal?

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around Life During Wartime - Talking Heads '79
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 02:19 PM

Seems to me they keep hiring more thugs to guard the "wall" but can't hire them to work the crossings for the mostly legal minded folks?

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
GeraldoS
Banned

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 07:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gypsy62  
Wed., May 12, '21:
Anybody who has crossed in the past week has seen the suffering that the CBP has been needlessly inflicting on folks crossing at the 'Regular' and Ready lines. Even Sentry (snobs) appear to be waiting 15min(!].

I have been in TJ visually monitoring the Ready line daily all week in person, deciding whether I wanted to endure the passenger vehicle gauntlet; clearly, 3-4 hour wait at 1pm, ALL weekdays . WTF!!!

This past Sunday, a dual-citizen friend chose to wait in the Mexican-citizen line: EIGHT AND A HALF FREAKING HOURS!!!

Those of you who have suffered through the CBP's bullchit border-crossing sabotage this week at TJ-San Ysidro need to directly express your outrage to the US federal politicians whom represent the border region knows what influence they may prevail upon trumpanov's left-over Klan-posse running the CBP in DC, but one can hope:

You have your facts wrong. CBP is short-handed at San Ysidro and other border crossings because so many people have been pulled to work in Texas. The immigration checkpoints at San Onofre and Temecula are shut down and everyone is in Texas. This has nothing to do with Trump. It is a direct result of Biden becoming president and opening the floodgates.

If you wanted shorter wait times at the border, you should have swallowed your pride and voted for Trump. This is a perfect example of the Law of Unintended Cirumstances. Even Biden has quietly started work on building the wall.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 07:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by GeraldoS  
Quote: Originally posted by Gypsy62  
Wed., May 12, '21:
Anybody who has crossed in the past week has seen the suffering that the CBP has been needlessly inflicting on folks crossing at the 'Regular' and Ready lines. Even Sentry (snobs) appear to be waiting 15min(!].

I have been in TJ visually monitoring the Ready line daily all week in person, deciding whether I wanted to endure the passenger vehicle gauntlet; clearly, 3-4 hour wait at 1pm, ALL weekdays . WTF!!!

This past Sunday, a dual-citizen friend chose to wait in the Mexican-citizen line: EIGHT AND A HALF FREAKING HOURS!!!

Those of you who have suffered through the CBP's bullchit border-crossing sabotage this week at TJ-San Ysidro need to directly express your outrage to the US federal politicians whom represent the border region knows what influence they may prevail upon trumpanov's left-over Klan-posse running the CBP in DC, but one can hope:

You have your facts wrong. CBP is short-handed at San Ysidro and other border crossings because so many people have been pulled to work in Texas. The immigration checkpoints at San Onofre and Temecula are shut down and everyone is in Texas. This has nothing to do with Trump. It is a direct result of Biden becoming president and opening the floodgates.

If you wanted shorter wait times at the border, you should have swallowed your pride and voted for Trump.

Faux News talking points!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 09:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  
Isn't she supposed to be resolving the border crisis concern?

What do you think she should do? (Personally I have no idea.)

How about her job, fix it! She was tasked by her boss to fix the issue so she should at very least address it! I’m not Vice President of the US so don’t ask me what she should do, ask her. This current administration ran on the platform that everything the last administration was doing was wrong and that they could do it better. I know, things like this take time, but at some point you have to take a first step!
WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 09:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  
After waiting in line at Tecate for 2.5 hours last year, on a Tuesday, I quit going to Baja. (The usual wait at that time / day used be 0-10 minutes) The increased wait times can be attributed to the decreased hours due to covid. And, as the OP pointed out, there may also be a bit of a political back story. I have to say, for people that live in Mexico and cross to the US to work, then return to Mexico, well, who say the US has to expedite the crossing of non US citizens who work in the US and take their paycheck back to Mexico. You may have noticed that the current conservative movement is somewhat anti-immigration. Indeed, only the obvious incompetence/ pathological lying / disconnected from reality thank God he doesn't have the codes to the nukes any more personality of the last president resulted in him not getting reelected on his anti immigration platform.

Homeland security responds when the rich and white are inconvenienced at LAX or NYC immigration, or a sentri lane. Homeland security does not care about the brown, lower classes that use land borders w/o global entry or sentri.

CBP thinks gringos are fools for using the general and readi lanes,… they figure if you can’t afford sentri, or are so untrustworthy to not warrant sentri, then they might as well chit on you.

CBP officers are blunt tools of the man.

Another hate filled diatribe... Can we please get this guy banned? The only things he provides to this forum is ugliness and hostility.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 09:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by WestyWanderer  

How about her job, fix it! She was tasked by her boss to fix the issue so she should at very least address it! I’m not Vice President of the US so don’t ask me what she should do, ask her. This current administration ran on the platform that everything the last administration was doing was wrong and that they could do it better. I know, things like this take time, but at some point you have to take a first step!

this has been unfixable for 30 years or more. You GOPers are silly to demand a fix in under 3 months :no:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by WestyWanderer  

this has been unfixable for 30 years or more. You GOPers are silly to demand a fix in under 3 months :no:

That’s awful forward of you to assume I’m a “GOPer.” Regardless of my political affiliation, what I’m saying is you can at least START to take action; that shouldn’t take 3 months. I’m not calling for a fix, I’m calling for a plan and some action on said plan.

As you stated, this has been a “unfixable” for 30 years so someone whose been in politics for 50 should have a pretty good list of ideas on how to at least approach the problem. Also, this administration has had their eyes set on these offices for much longer than 3 months, their plan should have been developed long ago.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.