Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Immigration Sets Up Highway Checkpoint
phmilo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2021 at 05:56 PM

So I see a little ambiguity here on carrying your FMM. I always leave mine where we are staying because it was drilled into me "DON'T LOSE IT". I carry my passport with my entry stamp and considered that to be my visa/identification etc.

I've been looking for something definitive on if you have to be able to produce the FMM at will and haven't found anything official. Only that you'll need it to leave or have to get a replacement. Anyone have an official link that says something about carrying it with you?
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2021 at 06:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
JC43,

You must be Canadian cause the US has no VAT! Some states have sales taxes, but there’s no national VAT like Canada and Mexico.

Mexicans don’t consider themselves “Americans” any more than Canadians do even though both countries are located in North America! The Mexican National Anthem begins with the word “Mexicans” not Americans!

It’s difficult to sell property under the table if there is a fido on it! It’s easer for Mexicans because they don't require one! Cheating on the VAT is a national pastime among everyone in Mexico.

Yes, there were Spaniards in Baja before the US was a country! They exported cow hides and tallow not Cars, Trucks and TVs! Tourists and Manufacturing for export have made Baja one of the richest parts of Mexico.

Well, First, you are not catching the point. It doesn`t matter how you call the tax. VAT or Sales. Every Mexican no matter if legal or illegal, is paying on everything they purchase inside the U.S.
Second. Mexicans do consider themselves as Americans. But:::: Mexicans have a name for their country: Mexico. Same w/ Canada or Chile, or,or,or. The U.S doesn`t have a name for theirs. And b/c the U.S. is a "No Name Country" there is no choice other than calling themselves "Americans". Trump was wrong when saying "Make America great again". That includes Mexico!!
(we had this thread some time a go about no name U.S.) And b/c Mexico or Canada has a name, the people call themselves by that specific name. "America" reaches from the northern most point of Canada to the point just a stone throw away from Antarctica. That is `The Americas`. Calling you an American is not wrong, don`t misunderstand me. But again, even a Mexican is an American.
The Anthem??? Even the United States Anthem is dead wrong because of that.
Third. Do you have any idea how many residences in Baja and all over Mexico are constructed w/ drug money from the U.S.? (not from America!) And sold immediately. Those for 2 or 5 or 12 million US $$$. Fideicomiso?? In Mexico everything is possible. If I got money I give a damn on a Fido.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 5-30-2021 at 08:13 PM

JC43,

So have you ever been to Mexico farther than 30KM south of the border?
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-30-2021 at 08:35 PM

JC43,

So have you ever been to Mexico farther than 30KM south of the border?

Why ask that? What does your question have to do with the thread topic?

And by the way ...

VAT : value-added tax
"The value-added tax (VAT) is the world's most common form of consumption tax, in place in more than 160 countries, including every economically advanced nation except the United States. “Value added” is the difference between business sales and purchase of goods and services from other businesses."

[Edited on 5-31-2021 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2021 at 08:53 PM

The VAT, PST, GST taxes are, if applied across all tax payers without any adjustment for low income buyers, a very regressive tax scheme!

The point is as illegals often don't pay FICA or income tax in the US they aren't paying their share of US taxes

In answer to your question. 43 doesn't seem to know much about the US or Mexico!

[Edited on 5-31-2021 by RFClark]
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2021 at 10:20 PM

In answer to your question. 43 doesn't seem to know much about the US or Mexico!

What gives you that impression? Or did you just not like what he said?

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 12:47 AM

Well, briefly since it is “off topic”. jc43 thinks that “Mexicanos” think of themselves as “Americanos”. They don’t! Their country is the “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” and they are “Mexicanos”! What hey do wish is that the USA, “America or the US” for short, would remember that Mexico too is a “US” Estados Unidos”! Mexicanos often refer to Norte Amereicanos” as “Gringos” they don't consider a “Canadiense” as either!

jc43 might not know why that is either!

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 09:44 AM

Well, briefly since it is “off topic”. jc43 thinks that “Mexicanos” think of themselves as “Americanos”. They don’t! Their country is the “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” and they are “Mexicanos”! What hey do wish is that the USA, “America or the US” for short, would remember that Mexico too is a “US” Estados Unidos”! Mexicanos often refer to Norte Amereicanos” as “Gringos” they don't consider a “Canadiense” as either!

jc43 might not know why that is either!

x2.

I define myself as Norte americano, depending on who's president. Sometimes, I'm Canadian.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 10:00 AM

You guys are tilting at windmills. Gringos have exercised their manifest destiny and successfully staked claim to the title “American” (and ‘Merican). None of you are going to convince anyone that Mexicanos or chilenos can call themselves “American” and be understood in the current lexicon.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 11:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Sometimes, I'm Canadian.

I remember that conversation a few years ago.... a form of stolen honour..... eh....

it's a shame that folks might lie about their nationality when embarrassed about their country's leaders.

An interesting read on the notion of "patriotism":
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/us/patriot-definition-trnd/index.html

Mr. Bills
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 12:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Sometimes, I'm Canadian.

I remember that conversation a few years ago.... a form of stolen honour..... eh....

. . . it's a shame that folks might lie about their nationality when embarrassed about their country's leaders. . . .

Based on overheard comments about PM Trudeau by Canadian snowbirds who managed to make it to San Felipe last winter despite the pandemic, I suspect there may be quite a few Canadians identifying as Americans this year.

:)

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 12:15 PM

Well, we have our share of idiots.... but a handful of them are certainly not representative of the average Canadian. Deciding to travel during the pandemic and making San Felipe a long-term destination is likely indicative of their social consciousness.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 01:00 PM

Could you imagine sitting in your basement for a year?

Any sane person knew the risk of getting it outside was next to nill, and the CDC finally admitted it. And you don't get it from touching surfaces, which was stated early, but some ppl remained ignorant about that important fact.

Too bad some ppl listened to their govt. overlords and pi##ed away a year of their lives. Meanwhile those same leaders laffed at them while they traveled and sent their kids to school. Some ppl are so dumb.

We made the most of 2020, visiting 10 states, flying across the US 3 times, and a half dozen week long road trips. Always getting out in nature and into the fresh air.

I realized the govt. was full of sh#t in CA when they closed the hiking trails. That was a signal. And from the jump we went under their little yellow tape. Which of course they took down three months later admitting their over reaction.

[Edited on 5-31-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Mr. Bills
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 01:09 PM

Well, we have our share of idiots.... but a handful of them are certainly not representative of the average Canadian. Deciding to travel during the pandemic and making San Felipe a long-term destination is likely indicative of their social consciousness.

FYI - There were zero reported active Covid-19 cased in San Felipe the week before Santa Semana and I didn't see anyone acting irresponsibly or with a lack of social consciousness - whether they be Americano, Mexicano or even Canadian.

So much for your social shaming on this bright and sunny holiday weekend in 'Merica. ;)

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 01:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  

FYI - There were zero reported active Covid-19 cased in San Felipe the week before Santa Semana and I didn't see anyone acting irresponsibly or with a lack of social consciousness - whether they be Americano, Mexicano or even Canadian.

So much for your social shaming on this bright and sunny holiday weekend in 'Merica. ;)

Basement dwellers lost their minds in 2020. They did everything their lib leaders told them to do. Even when their leaders did the opposite. Even when the science told them differently.

And they tried to force their paranoia on others. When in 2020 if you were under 50 you had a better chance of dying in a car crash.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 01:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Basement dwellers lost their minds in 2020. They did everything their lib leaders told them to do. Even when their leaders did the opposite. Even when the science told them differently.

And they tried to force their paranoia on others. When in 2020 if you were under 50 you had a better chance of dying in a car crash.

What a crock. Just more nonsense. Wrong on most counts about the pandemic.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 02:24 PM

Sometimes, I'm Canadian.

it's a shame that folks might lie about their nationality when embarrassed about their country's leaders.

Lencho thinks an earlier comment you made about ''alien illegals'' are argumentative. I do too. Why?

For the record, I believe illegals on both sides of the border should be sent to Canada.

Shame is an issue brought up regularly by JZ. Surprises me to have this word popping up again here. Supp with that ged?

You might be more like JZ than anyone here. Moral.

F*ck it.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 02:26 PM

Spin it however you want.... and avoid the real issue.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 03:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Basement dwellers lost their minds in 2020.

Shorty McJizzy:
Speaking of basement dwellers,… a new study indicates you short people have higher risk of catching covid-19:

https://coronavirus.nautil.us/does-height-affect-coronavirus...

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0026360

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Lencho thinks an earlier comment you made about ''alien illegals'' are argumentative.
Please don't try using me to support your personal agenda. :no:

Or claim you know what I think. :rolleyes:

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
It will be interesting to see if any applaud this move to remove "alien illegals" ?

OK, you're obviously looking for an argument, so let's invert the game:

Why shouldn't they be doing this? ;)

Personal agenda? Reading too much into this.

I'm allowed to repeat anything you've written. Don't like that be more careful about what you write?:lol:

You wrote ged was obviously looking for an argument. Still think that?

Back to the subject. Up for throwing out all illegals N. and S. of the border. Late 90s, rumor has it migracion visited neighborhoods and knocked on doors. Think that happened in Pesky.

F*ck it.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.