Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Immigration Sets Up Highway Checkpoint
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 07:58 PM

There was a time when if you traveled Canadians were geneally better liked than those of us from the USA. I worked a lot in Vancouver and Toronto back then so I could pass for a Canadian! In some countries that was a lot safer to do. That boat sailed a long time ago. Lately Canadians have been denying that they are from Canada. I think that's where this America/American thing is coming from!

Illegal immigrants, Canada is a lot tougher on illegals than the US is. I've watched Customs Canada rip the linings out a Jamaican’s suitcase while waving Anglo Canadians through without a glance!
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 09:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
JC43,

So have you ever been to Mexico farther than 30KM south of the border?

Yes Sir !!!!! I am born in Mexico. Raised in the U.S. and Mexico and France. Living now for more than a decade in CSL. Any more question?
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 09:47 PM

In answer to your question. 43 doesn't seem to know much about the US or Mexico!

[Edited on 5-31-2021 by RFClark]

My question to you: Why are you not asking "43 doesn`t seem to know much about America or Mexico? Any reason for that? :lol::lol::lol:
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 09:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
There was a time when if you traveled Canadians were geneally better liked than those of us from the USA. I worked a lot in Vancouver and Toronto back then so I could pass for a Canadian!

Ridiculous. How is a trumpeter like you going to pass for a Canadian? You might pass for a conservative (repressed), rural hoser hick,… maybe.

Hey hey goat! RFC might not be the smartest when "pulling a conclusion out of his forehead". But PLS be not personal, o.k.?
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2021 at 09:59 PM

I have a genaral quetion to this topic. Why is it that ,,,, no?Americans? Gringos? O.K., U.S. Citizens have to discuss what the MX or Baja Government is doing to control illegal aliens??? Don? t get me wrong, this topic as an information is 100% o.k. But does it needs to be discussed if the action itself is right or wrong? Do Mexicans living or visiting the U.S. also discuss INS or DHS matters openly (and somehow aggressive) like it is done here? (well, maybe Ocasio Cortez)
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-6-2021 at 10:32 AM

There was a time when if you traveled Canadians were geneally better liked than those of us from the USA. I worked a lot in Vancouver and Toronto back then so I could pass for a Canadian! In some countries that was a lot safer to do. That boat sailed a long time ago. Lately Canadians have been denying that they are from Canada. I think that's where this America/American thing is coming from!

Boy, that's all pretty stupid.....

I have travelled a lot in the USA.....glad that didn't make me pass for an "American" :lol:

You are just making up the bit about Canadians denying they are from Canada..... except for a few mutant trumpsters you are associating with. :rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-6-2021 at 10:42 AM
How to look and talk Canadian, eh?:

Why American Beer has twist off tops:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2021 at 10:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Boy, that's all pretty stupid.....

I have travelled a lot in the USA.....glad that didn't make me pass for an "American" :lol:

You are just making up the bit about Canadians denying they are from Canada..... except for a few mutant trumpsters you are associating with. :rolleyes:

Does seem like a big cloud of swamp gas to me as well.

John
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2021 at 10:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

David,
You really need to get a different sense of reference to Canada.... the 80's are behind us....

Have you ever travelled in Canada for more than a day ?

You could study the history of missionaries here....and the havoc they wrecked in our history. ... and genocide.... :light:

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2021 at 11:04 AM

Goat,

Not all Canadians are NDP or even Liberal! I’ve known many who worked in the U.S. w/o work visas, which BTW, I always had when I worked in Canada or Mexico! Usually I worked for or under Canadians or Mexicans! I worked for some of the same People for about 40 years!

Generally, people who use pejoratives rather than facts, especially when they know “0” about the person they are directing them at have personal issues!

[Edited on 6-6-2021 by RFClark]
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2021 at 02:02 PM

@DavidK: `American` beer has no twist off caps! Only those inside the U.S. have twist offs. Mexican beer i.e. does not have those easy to remove caps - where I never know who peed in at the store. But it might be an intention to use those twist offs. Those who can not handle an opener or those who only have two left hands, are supported. :lol::lol::lol:
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2021 at 11:57 PM

JC43,

If you live in Cabo you need to get out more! Pacifico in disposable bottles came with twist off caps! But perhaps you drink Chinese Beer?
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 12:27 AM

The average Asian beer tends to be better than average US domestic beer,,,,:light:

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 12:30 AM

The average beer most anywhere is better than the major US brands!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 08:32 AM

David,
You really need to get a different sense of reference to Canada.... the 80's are behind us....

Have you ever travelled in Canada for more than a day ?

You could study the history of missionaries here....and the havoc they wrecked in our history. ... and genocide.... :light:

Yes, but only a couple days in the Vancouver area.
How did missionaries wreck havoc in Canada? While the Spanish did sail up the coast and made claims to about the area of Alaska, they never got past northern California with their missions.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mr. Bills
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 08:36 AM

How did missionaries wreck havoc in Canada? While the Spanish did sail up the coast and made claims to about the area of Alaska, they never got past northern California with their missions.

There were French missionaries, eh?

See, e.g.:

https://www.smu.ca/webfiles/binasco-catholicmissionariesinac...

https://www.jstor.org/stable/44373806?seq=1#metadata_info_ta...
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 10:38 AM

The missionaries puked out by the catholic church roamed the planet stealing and leaving a wake of death wherever they went.....and clearly were not only in Mexico.

Canada is currently having to face up to the impact of catholic church missionaries and their role in the federal gov'ts genocidal approach to managing our indigenous populations....

Like the scourge of sexual abuse being denied by the pope and his cadres, their role in such social destruction is clearly visible to those who are informed.

You can't romanticize their role:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-pope-francis-expresses-sorrow-over-unmarked-graves-at-residential/

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 11:57 AM

Wild stuff there!

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 12:34 PM

Wild stuff there!

Such a sensitive reply..... :O :no:

....but not surprised.

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 12:42 PM

Wild stuff there!

Such a sensitive reply..... :O :no:

....but not surprised.

well thats definitely 'effed up! did you happen to attend this school Ged?

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.