Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Traveling to the United States can be an amazing experience
eddyferne
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 09:39 AM
Traveling to the United States can be an amazing experience

The country has many great locations which will make your visit fun and exciting. Here are a few locations you should visit if you want to make it more than memorable.

New York City is an exciting venue which has a remarkably diverse cultural atmosphere. You can visit museums, check out Times Square, head to the top of the Empire State Building, or check out the Statue of Liberty. In addition, there are many professional sporting venues to take in a game if that is what you are interested in and if you are a foodie, New York City will not disappoint. Book a flight to JFK airport if possible as it is a nice airport with access to multiple public transportation options.

Washington DC is another top place to visit in the United States. As the nation’s capital there are many iconic places to check out such as the Washington Monument, White House, or Lincoln Memorial. Also, the Smithsonian Museum is a top destination with a lot to take in. There are also many parks which can be a great place to explore the outdoors for the day. When flying in, checking out Washington Dulles International Airport and get ready to have some fun.

New Orleans is another action spot which gives you an interesting flavor of life. Also called the Big Easy, it has a unique blend of cultures. The city is rich in blues, jazz, and rock n roll. There are also some great museums such as the National World War II and African American museums. Be on the look out for amazing food such as beignets, gumbo, and po’boys. The airport you should fly into is the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport and do not forget to visit during Mardi Gras which is always 47 days before Easter every year.

The Grand Canyon National Park can be an awe-inspiring place to take in the amazing scenery. There are many things to do while visiting. If you are an avid hiker, you can book a trip which allows you to take a guided hike down into the Grand Canyon and back up to the top. The Grand Canyon was formed by the Colorado River, it is sheer size makes you feel like a tiny speck, but while there you might as well do some white-water rafting which will make your stay memorable. You will have to fly into the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport when trying to get to the Grand Canyon. Once you arrive, you will have to make about a three-and-a-half-hour drive to the most visited part of the National Park.

This is just a short list of all the great places the United States has to offer for the international traveler.

<edit spam>

[Edited on 6-25-2021 by BajaNomad]
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 09:57 AM

sign me up!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 10:17 AM

Maybe DavidK can post a map of how to get there from California! :light:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Howard
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 10:47 AM

Don't know what eddyferne's end game is but I find his article very informative for the person who has never been to the USA before.

JZ, how about Portland? :biggrin:

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  

Don't know what eddyferne's end game is but I find his article very informative for the person who has never been to the USA before.

JZ, how about Portland? :biggrin:

Yeah, I'll pass on there and Minneapolis for the time being.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 01:05 PM

I haven't been to Washington DC or NY in a long time, but I had fun in both cities. I lived in DC for 2 years while in the Navy. Lot's of places to see and lots of really good restaurants. I walked up the Washington Monument, 907 steps but took the elevator down. Legs were sore for a week. Last time in NY was for Y2K meeting. Last time in DC was 1977. I guess things have changed a lot in both places. I would like to see the Vietnam Memorial.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 03:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
You couldn't pay me to go to NY or DC right now.

Shorty,
You are an odd little dwarf.

NYC is awesome. I avoid it in summer due to heat, but try to get there every other year in spring or fall.

When I lived on east coast, I enjoyed my trips to DC. Great city, lots of great museums, parks and restaurants.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 03:50 PM

The website listed in the original post seems to be trafficking passports of dubious origin.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
6-25-2021 at 04:13 PM
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 05:57 PM

Personally I prefer Paris to either NYC, D.C. or even Moscow!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 07:04 PM

I'd rather walk to school than carry my lunch :P

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 07:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Personally I prefer Paris to either NYC, D.C. or even Moscow!

Paris is a top 5 city for me. Worked for three different tech companies who had their European headquarters in Paris. Been almost 30 times since my mid-twenties. Got to hang out and go to all the places the locals love. Met a girl from Paris who was an aerobics instructor. Lots of fond memories.

Hoping to get back as soon as CV19 settles down.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 09:25 PM

Paris used to be even better when the French went on holiday in August! Last year and this year, not so much though!
westafricancaptain
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2021 at 10:59 PM

Tired of the goat
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2021 at 12:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Shorty,
You are an odd little dwarf.

NYC is awesome. I avoid it in summer due to heat, but try to get there every other year in spring or fall.

When I lived on east coast, I enjoyed my trips to DC. Great city, lots of great museums, parks and restaurants.

Grew up in Columbus, OH before moving to SoCal. Chicago was always my jam.

Early 20's we would drive up to Chicago, about a 5hr road trip. Watched many Chicago Bulls games when MJ was playing. Saw Barkley and Rodman a couple times at clubs. Still go back every 3-4 years.

Never been a fan of NYC. Liked DC a lot back in the day. Lots of fun times there. But it's in trouble now.

[Edited on 6-26-2021 by JZ]

Howard
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 6-26-2021 at 06:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by westafricancaptain  
Tired of the goat

The goat needs to be put out to pasture and let him be angry out there.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2021 at 06:51 AM

New York is awesome. New Orleans is awesome. The Grand Canyon is really grand. Never been to DC.

In the past, Rio de Janeiro was one of the BEST cities anywhere, not anymore for sure.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.