Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wyoming Native Trout Adventure
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2021 at 06:32 AM
Wyoming Native Trout Adventure

Didn't make it to Yellowstone for the Yellowstone cutthroat, but I got 3 out of 4 native Wyoming cutthroat trout! Plus three bonus species, one another native.

Bonneville/Bear River Cutthroat, from Jed's Fork River. I was fortunate enough to catch 6 of these rare fish. Cutthroat species #1

A little tributary to the Snake I discovered on my last trip:

Snake River Cutthroat, one of at least ONE HUNDRED I released over four days up to 15" and four miles of river. Cutthroat species #2

Made it to McDougal Gap, through pouring rain!

Drainage where Colorado Cutts are rumored to be found, and lots of Brookies too!

Colorado River Cutthroat, species #3 and a tough one to nab, but I FINALLY got one, as I was about to head to the truck for lunch and a sulk. It was a "drop the mic" moment and I decided I was blessed enough and it was time to head home. Not to mention the two week accumulation of insect bites. Horseflies suck!

Mountain Whitefish, a surprise I'd never caught, and I've now caught five! From Jed's Fork. Another native species to Wyoming.

Brook Trout, caught about a dozen of these before the Colorado Cutt finally showed up. An introduced species from the Northeast US.

Honorable Mention: One dink German Brown, from Jed's Fork. No pic. Third bonus species. Another introduced species from Europe.

Wyoming Rocks!

I never ran into another person on the water my entire trip, from the Sierra to Wyoming. Every place I fished there was no one there but me. Amazing. And the scenery just spectacular, a picture can't capture the beauty of the place.

John

[Edited on 7-11-2021 by John Harper]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-11-2021 at 10:49 AM

John,
Looks like you did some of your favourite things in some special places.... muy bueno. :cool:

Don't believe everything you think....
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 7-11-2021 at 11:24 AM

You certainly are living the vida loca.

Good on you!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2021 at 09:22 PM

Well done, some amazing looking fish and scenery..

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.