Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 2022 Todos Santos Open Studio Tour
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2021 at 06:39 AM
2022 Todos Santos Open Studio Tour

Does anyone know if the Todos Santos Open Studio Tour will be happening in 2022? The website lists the dates of February 4 through 6, but I know Covid is spiking in BCS. The event was virtual in 2021.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 7-22-2021 at 02:00 PM

Todos Santos has been full of tourists as recently as 7/1 that said who knows about next year!
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2021 at 02:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Todos Santos has been full of tourists as recently as 7/1 that said who knows about next year!

A friend of mine who is a realtor in Todos Santos confirms that there are plenty of tourists around. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to be one of them in just over 6 months!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2021 at 02:51 PM

My sense from spending a lot of time there is there is not a lot of concern among the locals. La Paz and Cabo have more problems because of the big buildings with AC. Todos Santos and the Cerritos area have been crowded all year. The weather has been somewhat cooler than normal which helps too!
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2021 at 02:58 PM

You make some excellent points. It's possible to visit Todos Santos for a whole week with only limited time indoors. It's a little cooler in February, but the Open Studio Tour is almost entirely outdoors, as is most dining.

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2021 at 03:01 PM

It was actually sweater weather at night (in the 60’s) up until we left 1st of July!
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2021 at 05:00 PM

When we travel from Massachusetts during the winter we bundle up with a hoodie and jacket and shiver in Boston before sweating during our layover and beyond. Once in Todos Santos, it's shorts and Hawaiian shirt during the day and t-shirt and hoodie at night. Not a bad compromise over gloves and winter jacket.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2021 at 06:19 PM

What's an open studio tour?
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2021 at 06:56 PM

Fish, relatives and snow get old after three days!
phmilo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2021 at 08:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
You make some excellent points. It's possible to visit Todos Santos for a whole week with only limited time indoors. It's a little cooler in February, but the Open Studio Tour is almost entirely outdoors, as is most dining.

We were there in May. Lots of awareness of masks in shops and 'crowds'. But lots of outdoor dining with good space and protocols from the servers. We felt very comfortable.

I have heard it has gotten worse, and more restrictive. But things seem to wax/wain a lot. 6 months is a long time out. Everyone I know there is either vaxed or working hard to get the vaccine. I hope that along with fewer people & more spaces will help. We are planning trips for September and December, and hoping for the best all around.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2021 at 05:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
What's an open studio tour?

Here's a link from the official website. Most of the participating art studios are within a few blocks radius in downtown Todos Santos, so it's possible to walk from studio to studio and meet with a diverse sampling of artists from all over the world in just a few hours.

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2021 at 05:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by phmilo  
Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

We were there in May. Lots of awareness of masks in shops and 'crowds'. But lots of outdoor dining with good space and protocols from the servers. We felt very comfortable.

I have heard it has gotten worse, and more restrictive. But things seem to wax/wain a lot. 6 months is a long time out. Everyone I know there is either vaxed or working hard to get the vaccine. I hope that along with fewer people & more spaces will help. We are planning trips for September and December, and hoping for the best all around.

From your mouth to my dog's ears! We'll keep our eyes and ears open for further developments, knowing that it's never possible to be 100% risk-free.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2021 at 08:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
My sense from spending a lot of time there is there is not a lot of concern among the locals. La Paz and Cabo have more problems because of the big buildings with AC. Todos Santos and the Cerritos area have been crowded all year. The weather has been somewhat cooler than normal which helps too!

little concern among locals? you don't know many locals do you?
[outside those who depend on tourists]
they are very concerned, many with sick families.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2021 at 09:37 AM

Quite a few funerals going on in TS and Pescadero. People who have gathered for Holidays...locals. Most large events called off and outdoor restaurants at 30% only. If I was hidden away from the crowds I would not jump on an airplane and venture into Mexico...of course I live a bit away from town. By the way... it's getting Hot and rainy season is close at hand....Humidity rising, too!

[Edited on 7-28-2021 by tiotomasbcs]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2021 at 09:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
By the way... it's getting Hot and rainy season is close at hand....Humidity rising, too!

Good point. Isn't July through October typically "off-season" in Todos Santos and Pescadero, or is that no longer a thing? I know of at least one restaurant (El Refugio) that is shutting down for a few months, but not nearly as many as when I visited in July 2013.

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 07:34 AM

While the website still shows the event's original dates of February 4 to 6, I've just received word that the Palapa Society has postponed it by a month (March 4 to 6) assuming that the BCS has lifted its event ban by then.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.