Author: Subject: Lewis And Lewis Insurance
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2021 at 07:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vandy  
It sounds like Goat's quote from Lewis & Lewis

"Mexican citizens are eligible if:...
You are married to a non-Mexican citizen non-immigrant."

might mean Vicki's husband should be covered.

Good catch! Maybe the adjusters don't know about that detail. Hope she reads this.

[Edited on 7-23-2021 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2021 at 06:25 PM

Lewis and Lewis is great until you have a claim.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2021 at 07:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  

Which reads like: L&L is a great company as long as you pay for your insurance. It is a itzie-bitzie-tinie company when it comes to a claim.
I do have an example like the one in this thread: A customer from L&L (used to live in the Oasis/Mulege) came down from Orgegon w/ a trailer.
Trailer was rather big for his truck and the customer made a crash down a slope into a rockfield. L&L denied the coveridge for tha truck b/c the truck was pulling a trailer. They have a lot of mouse traps to deny coveridge. They have the best "Claim-Denial-Agents" on board !!! Bad company to my undestanding.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-24-2021 at 08:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  

Which reads like: L&L is a great company as long as you pay for your insurance. It is a itzie-bitzie-tinie company when it comes to a claim.
I do have an example like the one in this thread: A customer from L&L (used to live in the Oasis/Mulege) came down from Orgegon w/ a trailer.
Trailer was rather big for his truck and the customer made a crash down a slope into a rockfield. L&L denied the coveridge for tha truck b/c the truck was pulling a trailer. They have a lot of mouse traps to deny coveridge. They have the best "Claim-Denial-Agents" on board !!! Bad company to my undestanding.

Isn’t Lewis just the sales guys? I think your claims are handled by the actual insurer.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-24-2021 at 08:27 AM

I have towed a small (4'x6') trailer behind my Kia a couple of times, and made sure that it was included on the policy. All I was buying was liability insurance, but I am pretty sure that all insurers require that you declare anything being towed.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2021 at 09:39 AM

Everyone has a different experience, so I'll post mine. Purchased L & L policy for my Suburban which was totaled in roll-over accident. I contacted the claims number on the policy the next day (not L & L but rather an English-speaking claims department for the insurer). Driver was jailed (not me) and an attorney showed up at the jail the day after the accident to provide legal representation for the driver. So far, so good. But after that I got mired in lot of red tape. Bottom line, I was on the phone with both L & L as well as the insurer (Qualitas) on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis trying to get my claim resolved. They always seemed to need another piece of paper. Accident was in October, I got paid the blue book value of the Suburban in March (5 months later). But it required a lot of calls, documents and even a letter to the California Insurance Commissioner complaining about the product being sold by L & L. I just figured that this was how insurance claims were handled in Mexico.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2021 at 02:48 PM

especiqally @ mtgoat

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Not Baja related in the first place but somehow: Sorry my friend, wrong question from that guy who initially said that. (Not a smart man per se!) If you pay taxes to your contry, you can expect from your country to spend your money wisely. Wich means first of all: Do not exaggerate any spending into the military. Ther U.S. is spending more money into the military than the rest of the world combined - including China and Russia. Cut that spending in half and half again the rest of the world won`t feel threatened the way it is today. Including Russia and China.
What has that to do with Baja? Well Baja is located right inbewteen the U.S and China i.e. (at least somehow)

[Edited on 7-24-2021 by JC43]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 10:28 AM

JC did you forget to take your meds?
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 10:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

yesterday was National Tequila Day.....:coolup:

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 03:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

What meds r u talking about?? I´m only pouring paint thinner into my Corona mask. That cleans your mind like nothing else !!! LOL

Don´t you agree with my point in my previous thread? It is the truth Buddy, nothing but the truth. To make peace on this planet, politicians need to understand that boosting the military is the wrong way. If you are reading all what´s written here, you might know that I do have contaxct with aliens. (Those guys putting the rows of rock together!) And the aliens are friendly as heaven. BUT: They told me, if the U.S. is spending more money into the military this year, and raising the debt level again for that reason, they might come and play with the earthlinks the hide and seek game. That will put all of the earthlinks together, they said. Cinese, Russins. U.S guys and, and, and. As then, all nations of this planet have only one enemy to mess around with. Smart thinking of these guys, to teach us a lesson. Don´t you agree?
What the heck has that to do with Baja??? Well, Baja is a part of this world. And certainly the BajaNomads are a part of "Global Thinking". Evidance: Baja Blanca is travelling abroad. And some U.S guys are travelling SoB. to Baja. Surprise Surprise !

[Edited on 7-25-2021 by JC43]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 05:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

... but I am pretty sure that all insurers require that you declare anything being towed.

Some also want a declaration what is being carried by vehicle without a trailer.

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.