BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Dudeldorf, Germany (Not Dusseldorf)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 01:57 AM
Dudeldorf, Germany (Not Dusseldorf)

The village we are in is like a fairy tale village....history on every corner, the most amazing homes with nice gardens (nothing like England's gardens though) and the villagers are really friendly.

Here are some photos.

We haven't walked the whole village but have seen 2 water fountains so far. My granddaughter is the model.

This family had a baby named Leo come home. Isn't this a cute way to tell the world?

[Edited on 7-30-2021 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 03:00 AM

My air force son and I:

Three cute houses close together

The butcher shop about 100 feet from my kid's house.

The sign to the side of the church

A local place we had a beer at.

A local Italian restaurant with very good pizza, owned by Sacilian born Cristina!!

and granddaughter having fun with photos!

Welcome to our world in Germany!!!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 06:32 AM

Nice butcher shop! Yum.

The German immigrants brought beer-making to Mexico. That's a good thing. Too bad they didn't bring sausage making too.

It's also too bad they didn't leave their tubas in Europe. You can all too easily (painfully) hear the german tuba influence in what I call Mex "country music" blaring on blown-out speakers and kilowatt sub-woofers.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 07:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Nice butcher shop! Yum.

The German immigrants brought beer-making to Mexico. That's a good thing. Too bad they didn't bring sausage making too.

Germans do have the largest number of types of different sausages in the world. More than 1000 different sausage recepies are known. BUT: Most U.S. citizens woun`t like some types of sausages. i.e. Liverwurst. Really special and very good tasting. ´Presskopf` or ´Schwertenmagen` made from the pigs head. Absolutely delicious, but not for the taste of U.S. folks. Sorry baut that.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 07:30 AM

Love liverwurst, pâté. When I was a kid there was always some in the fridge.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 07:46 AM

@ BajaBlanca: Did you try the ´Schwartenmagen`? In the second row from diagonally above next to the cured ham? If not, you missed one good part of Germany. Cured ham, something which U.S, folks are not used to as it is not "fully cooked". Cured in a brine for at leat a week (depends on thickness of the piece of meat - or several weeks of it is a whole ham bone in) Then hot smoked for many many times. And air dried. Or did you try the blood sausage? The dark ring of sausage in the lower row? No???? Then you haven`t tasted the best part of German sausage. (If you have the courage to taste something different than you know since ever) But putting ketchup onto is a sin!!! Then you have to go to one of those churches you posted here and ask for forgiveness!
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Love liverwurst, pâté. When I was a kid there was always some in the fridge.

Well, there are some folks having better taste than average U.S. citizens. Especially those with travel experiance around the world gaining knowledge about other countries - including BajaNomads travelling to Baja - which does not make anybody smart about sausage, b/c Mexicans can`t do sausage.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 04:13 PM

@ bajaBlanca and Lee: What do you say about German Beer?
Is it better than everything you knew before?
And, surprise: The Germans are working on a beer recepie which creates the foam in the middle of the glass !!!!!!!!:light::light::light:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 01:15 AM

But putting ketchup onto is a sin!!! Then you have to go to one of those churches you posted here and ask for forgiveness!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

I have tried blood sausage before, not my fave. But I have not tried the other one and will do my best to have a chance....we will be back many times.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2021 at 02:36 AM

The famous beer here is BIT beer from a town called Bitburg. Their slogan is BITTE EIN BIT.

I have not tried it since I have been sampling all the local rieslings and they are delicious!

Come visit La Bocana

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2021 at 07:08 AM

Dudeldorf? I thought you misspelled Dusseldorf.

There is also Dumbledorf but that's another matter.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2021 at 09:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Dudeldorf? I thought you misspelled Dusseldorf.

There is also Dumbledorf but that's another matter.

Joe, first and foremost: it is Düsseldorf. Use the first row on low right corner on your comp and change languages. Here we are with Ö;Ü;Ä .
Secondly: Dumbledorf is located in the US - not in Germany! :fire:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2021 at 05:17 AM

Amigos, it is Dudeldorf with a "D" and no S at all. Very small village.

[Edited on 7-28-2021 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2021 at 08:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Dumbledorf is located in the US - not in Germany!

Wasn't it renamed Mar a Lago?

John
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2021 at 08:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Dumbledorf is located in the US - not in Germany!

Wasn't it renamed Mar a Lago?

John

John, you cought me on that one. I did not want to reveal it: I am a Trump Fan like no other! No, don`t you ever think I voted or will vote for him, NO-NO! But I miss him really because the news in TV are BOOOORING (not to say lifeless or dull) nowadays >>> without him.
Elona
Junior Nomad

Mood: BC Addict

[*] posted on 7-28-2021 at 11:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

Is there a convention about using the umlaut when writing German words in English text?

Yes:

ü = ue, ö = oe, ä = ae

Düsseldorf -> Duesseldorf

Saludos

Elona

Elona
Junior Nomad

Mood: BC Addict

[*] posted on 7-29-2021 at 08:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

Thanks, Elona-- my doubt was whether to use the umlaut when writing in English and your proposal (actually adding more letters) had not occurred to me. With all due respect, it doesn't appear to be "convention", though (at least not in the literature)

Hi Lencho,

I misunderstood the word "convention". Sorry for that. I'm not a native speaker and my english is not this good, but my German ;).

The convention of designating umlauts with two dots above the letter developed in German from a vertical ligature of vowels and a kurrent-e indicated above, which was written like two connected strokes.

The dots that turn our letters A, O and U into the umlauts Ä, Ö and Ü were created from a small E. If you look into 500 year old Bibles, books or other old prints, you can see that there is an Ä printed there as A with a small E over it.

Saludos

Elona

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2021 at 09:27 AM

Are you folks aware that this is a Baja Forum and not an old bible?
So, coming back to Baja and Mexico: Are you aware that in the Mexican language the ü/Ü is in existance? i.e: Pingüino. Donno about ä/Ä or ö/Ö. Not sure if that is the case in original Spanish/Español.

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2021 at 11:49 AM

Dumbledorf is in the US? I was referring to this guy:

dumbledore.jpeg - 47kB
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2021 at 07:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Dumbledorf is in the US? I was referring to this guy:

What is the brand of your iphone to make such good selfies????:lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.