Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Doug ! Please stop the covid-19 topic
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2021 at 02:57 PM

I read AP, UPI and Reuters feeds, as they are often the raw material consumed by the news outlets, who then apply the necessary spin. In addition to the BBC, I have found Al Jazeera to be more neutral than, say, the NY Times or Fox News.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2021 at 03:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
I read AP, UPI and Reuters feeds, as they are often the raw material consumed by the news outlets, who then apply the necessary spin. In addition to the BBC, I have found Al Jazeera to be more neutral than, say, the NY Times or Fox News.

I signed up for an Associated Press daily email that contains the morning headlines and links to the articles. Usually, about 10 different articles on various topics written by AP reporters covering the day's news. No opinion pieces.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2021 at 03:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

Daily Beast, Brietbart, Politico, HuffPo, WashPo, CNN, BBC, MSNBC, SF Chron, PBS, NPR, The Guardian UK and US version, Jerusalem Post, WSJ, The Atlantic, New Yorker, NatRev. Watch Fox News, all the networks, do NOT watch lib or conservative nut job talking heads.

Read between the lines, don't believe anything read unless it's verified.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2021 at 06:02 PM

Watch this and you will never trust the MSM again. If you can't trust 60 Minutes who the hell can you trust?

The sad part is millions will watch it and not have a clue they are spinning a false narrative for political gain.

https://youtu.be/zQDAoa748Jg

[Edited on 8-12-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-11-2021 at 06:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Watch this and you will never trust the MSM again. If you can't trust 60 Minutes who the hell can you trust?

The sad part is millions will watch it and not have a clue they are spinning a false narrative for political gain.

No one gives 100,000 to a politician w/o expecting to get something in return.
If Desantis was so saintly he would give back all donations ever received

Btw, the bribery allegation was minor part of a story that was otherwise true on all points.
Desantis never did prove why anyone would give him 100,000 w/o strings attached.

[Edited on 8-12-2021 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 8-11-2021 at 08:55 PM

The problem of trust starts at the top!

The President swears to uphold the Constitution in one breath and then says that he’s going to violate it in the next breath because he thinks that he knows better what to do! How do you trust that guy or anyone who works for him? We either are a country of laws or it’s a cult of personality just like any other low rent 3rd world country!

So do I “trust” those in charge? No because of their own words and actions, not because of any “news source”!
Tioloco
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-11-2021 at 09:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I think we can all agree that a government that can control what the broadcast and print media can say, is dead wrong.

It is just as wrong if the mainstream, and social media get to influence who governs!

[Edited on 8-11-2021 by AKgringo]

So.... who should influence who governs? "The people" seem somewhat limited with new voting laws being introduced.

What information sources do you trust ?

[Edited on 8-11-2021 by motoged]

What about photo ID requirements is “limiting”?
That is the first step to eliminating fraud.
And as a reminder, the poorest members of the community in the USA have photo ID to collect their benefits already.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2021 at 06:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
We either are a country of laws or it’s a cult of personality just like any other low rent 3rd world country!

US is a country of cult personality. Who was in charge 1/17 - 1/20?

Not a serious question. Guy killed his kids and is inspired by Qanon. He's a conservative and republican. What don't you get?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2021 at 07:09 AM

Lee,

Who’s in charge today?
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2021 at 08:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Thanks Jz; A very enlightening post regarding the political spin the media is putting on events for the last several years. I too have watched the full tapes of interviews and noted how various stations edit and alter the meaning of what people actually say, then feed their spin out to the people they wish to turn to their side. Why don't the social media "misinformation police" find this offensive? Because it fits their narrative as well.

Theres a simple quote that might help here "follow the money" and investigate who puts out the most money to have their perspective fed to the masses and perhaps where all that money comes from in the first place.

[Edited on 8-12-2021 by JDCanuck]

[Edited on 8-12-2021 by BajaNomad]
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2021 at 09:08 AM

Here are a couple I find are often repeated over and over on social media:
Al Jazeera: Owned and controlled by the Emir of Qatar
RT: owned and controlled by the Kremlin, others in Russia being closed down or reporters killed
CNN: I think it goes without explaining
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2021 at 09:15 AM

JD,

Is t your theory that the “News Outlets” you listed don’t have their own agenda that they are pushing?

Of the 3 Al Jazeera is the least agenda driven. RTI English is nothing at all like RTI Russian! Imagine that!
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2021 at 09:53 AM

JD,

Is t your theory that the “News Outlets” you listed don’t have their own agenda that they are pushing?

Of the 3 Al Jazeera is the least agenda driven. RTI English is nothing at all like RTI Russian! Imagine that!

Just the opposite RFC; These are the three outlets whose articles I found most often circulated on social media, while reports from the opposite side of the political spectrum were flagged or shut down altogether by the censors recently put in place. I no longer get any info to direct my actions and decisions from any of those sources including social media sites. Fortunately, the majority of the people I speak to in person are also learning to dig out their own "facts" from reliable sources

Who said "You can fool some of the people.......

[Edited on 8-12-2021 by JDCanuck]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2021 at 10:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  

Just the opposite RFC; These are the three outlets whose articles I found most often circulated on social media,

What you see on social media, like Facebook, is largely determined by what you click on, the "likes" you give, and the groups you join. Your browsing history also comes into play. Articles from Al Jazeera and RT are never presented on my newsfeeds.

[Edited on 8-12-2021 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2021 at 10:22 AM

SFand H: That likely would not apply to me as i am not registered on any social media sites other than this one. Took myself off Facebook as a couple posts i made in defense of a ...dare i say it...a Republican... were immediately deleted. I had admired the way he attempted to talk down the rioters who were breaking into the chamber he was in.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

What information sources do you trust ?

Nobody. I read opposing news sources and try to figure out the truth based upon the bias each one has. In one sitting I read CNN, Fox, BBC World News, and RT. I should be reading the Chinese paper but only do so on occasion. That will change as the aggression builds toward that country and the propaganda machine grows. I don't read the NY Times or the Wash Post because their slant is similar to CNN so what's the point.

Now that sounds totally sensible to me. That and raw data as the media seems to have increasingly polarized twists they put on it. We just want to know when it's safest to travel someplace, not who we should or shouldn't vote for.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.