BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: We got Robbed. anyone know this guy?
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 07:50 AM
We got Robbed. anyone know this guy?

Yesterday around 4PM at our place in Elias Calles. Anyone recognize this guy?

thief.jpg - 63kB

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 07:53 AM

Tore the place up but didn't get much, a TV, computer monitor, and 4 L-16 sized AMG batteries. Used our wheelbarrow to get it down our driveway and out to the road.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 08:03 AM

Sorry to hear that. Sucks when stuff gets stolen. Makes you feel like you have been violated.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 08:10 AM

if you don't have dogs (one is not enough) be prepared to have at least one break in every year.

Harald Pietschmann
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 09:26 AM

Go to the local police with the pictures and $1000 Pesos. They probably know him.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 09:55 AM

my buddy who lives in Belize [ one of the most thieving places i know]
has a couple Brazilian mastiffs....he doesn't need to lock the doors.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 11:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Go to the local police with the pictures and $1000 Pesos. They probably know him.

YES!!! If you have 1000Pesos to throw away - do it. The Police will take the money, and maybe, but only maybe, they will tell you his name, nothing else. And then:::: What? Self Justice? Wanna kill him? R U really thinking of getting your stuff back??? Don`t forget, the Police are Mexicans as well.
Look foreward! talk to your insurer and buy new stuff and get over it. Period. For the future: Work on prevention is the only thing which helps.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 11:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  

YES!!! If you have 1000Pesos to throw away - do it. The Police will take the money, and maybe, but only maybe, they will tell you his name, nothing else. And then:::: What? Self Justice? Wanna kill him? R U really thinking of getting your stuff back??? Don`t forget, the Police are Mexicans as well.
Look foreward! talk to your insurer and buy new stuff and get over it. Period. For the future: Work on prevention is the only thing which helps.

What a bunch of hot air.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 11:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

What a bunch of hot air.

maybe......but also spot on

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 11:30 AM

This is just terrible. Great photo of him. Hass anyone else been robbed and did they get their stuff back?

Brazilian mastiffs are HUGE. Even if you have them, they need to be trained not to eat from anyone but the family member's hands so that they won't be poisoned.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 12:01 PM

hey it could be worse:(.........
Ambushed on Highway 5
Dejando Huella is a local and very reliable news source operated by my good friend Angel Anguiano who has very good sources with the local, state and federal police / national guard.

Angel reported earlier this morning that last Wednesday, August 11, tourists traveling in a caravan of three vehicles were ambushed at kilometer 148 on the Puertecitos-Chapala Highway.

Authorities were contacted by the manager of a local business in Bahia San Luis Gonzaga who informed the responding officers of a group of 7 foreigners who arrived, stating that while traveling on the Puertecitos-Chapala Highway, a black Toyota Tundra Pickup Vehicle blocked their way.
Several armed men wearing hoods got out of the vehicle blocking the highway and took their personal belongings and then fled northbound with their vehicles.

The vehicles reported stolen are a black Tahoe truck, a white Toyota Tacoma Pickup and a Nissan 4Runner truck.

btw this is from TB

[Edited on 8-13-2021 by Don Pisto]

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 12:09 PM

Look forward! talk to your insurer and buy new stuff and get over it. Period. For the future: Work on prevention is the only thing which helps.

What a bunch of hot air.

Words of wisdom from an expert on "hot air."

Police here in the states rarely investigate property crimes anymore. That's pretty much left to insurance today. Or, just suck it up.

I've had cars stolen here in the US, and all the cops do is take a report. Joe Friday and Bill Gannon are dead, Jim.

Prevention is the best protection. But, even the best efforts fail.

John

[Edited on 8-13-2021 by John Harper]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 12:53 PM

What a bunch of hot air.

Not hot air at all. And, looks like someone knows Baja and someone doesn't.

What jc43 wrote is accurate. Police can't make an arrest unless they witness the crime (perp on the property with the goods). Bribes will work, may get property back maybe not. Perp is probably a neighbor of the cops -- nothing much will happen then.

Doesn't sound like dog(s) were home. House needs a dog or two. Dogs that bark at strangers.

Neighbor of mine in Pesky leaves his home locked and empty 6 months a year. He's Canadian. He has a full time resident neighbor. Thiefs chipped concrete around window to pry metal bars to access. Lots of damage and loss. How can this happen with neighbors home. Easy.

In Las Tunas, a neighbor down the road from my property, ran an errand to town, gone an hour or so, thief's got in while he was gone. He thinks someone saw him leave home and maybe called a thief friend to check things out.

No justice for thievery in Baja for gringoes. Cops, like most MX, think gringoes have money and can easily replace lost stuff.

Doing business in a suburb of San Jose, Costa Rica. A middle-class area. Asked a homeowner about thievery. She said homes cannot be left empty with no one around. Someone must always be home. No mention of dog for security. Also said if a neighbor sees you leave, they will break in and steal the appliances.

Words to the wise.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 12:54 PM

WOW, we were going to head down in December but this one makes me rethink things for sure! What is TB?

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
hey it could be worse:(.........
Ambushed on Highway 5
Dejando Huella is a local and very reliable news source operated by my good friend Angel Anguiano who has very good sources with the local, state and federal police / national guard.

Angel reported earlier this morning that last Wednesday, August 11, tourists traveling in a caravan of three vehicles were ambushed at kilometer 148 on the Puertecitos-Chapala Highway.

Authorities were contacted by the manager of a local business in Bahia San Luis Gonzaga who informed the responding officers of a group of 7 foreigners who arrived, stating that while traveling on the Puertecitos-Chapala Highway, a black Toyota Tundra Pickup Vehicle blocked their way.
Several armed men wearing hoods got out of the vehicle blocking the highway and took their personal belongings and then fled northbound with their vehicles.

The vehicles reported stolen are a black Tahoe truck, a white Toyota Tacoma Pickup and a Nissan 4Runner truck.

btw this is from TB

[Edited on 8-13-2021 by Don Pisto]

[Edited on 8-13-2021 by advrider]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 01:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
WOW, we were going to head down in December but this one makes me rethink things for sure! What is TB?

Talk Baja?

John
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 01:15 PM

Sorry to hear. I'm sure you've already shared this with Lidia and her family. I'm sure someone knows him.

Funny some of the advice you're getting considering how long you've lived in Mexico.

Good luck!

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 01:16 PM

Was this robbery while traveling at night?
This type of robbery has been more common on the mainland. Hope it doesn’t become more common now in Baja. Different times ahead for sure. Normally these higher profile vehicles would be easy to spot.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 02:42 PM

I'd give the cops $500 or so with the agreement they put the thief in jail for 6 months.

My good friend in SC was the boat captain for the Chief and that's how we did things there.

Don't be a victim.

[Edited on 8-13-2021 by JZ]

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 02:50 PM

To all those who are now re-thinking their trip to Baja: Look into your local newspaper under: Police Report. You will find certainly more reports about crime than reported in Baja. I consider Baja as relatively safe. Of course crimes will happen .... ALL OVER THE AMERICAS! That includes the U.S in the first place. As well as Mexico. If you wanna avoid this: Stay home on your balcony. But make sure that the iron cave around your balcony has no weak bar. And the front door at least 5 (five) locks and a wooden security bar like those castles in the middle age. And secure the chimney - a possible entry for all gangsters (I do not mean Santa coming through this entrance!!!)
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2021 at 02:57 PM

I'd give the cops $500 so they put the thief in jail for 6 months.

... IF IT HAPPENS !!!! (the Police will presumably buy Coke (or cerveza) for the next 6 month)..... and just in case he is released after 3 days ... you are the first he will visit again asking you - but not politely - for $ 1000. My thought: Stupid is who stupid does. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.