Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: More crime - San Matias
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-14-2021 at 06:38 PM

I was expecting that kind of response.... unfortunately.

Sad state of affairs when the leaving home checklist is:

Hat? Check !
Coat? Check!
Keys? Check!
Gun? Check!

I know your gun culture is dear to many..... that's the sad part.

More keyboard Rambo stuff. :rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you think....
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2021 at 06:49 PM

I've never been anti-gun, feel ppl should have that right. Never wanted one around our house feeling they would do more harm than good in my situation.

I've definitely changed my position and will very likely be getting one or more in the near future. Crime surges from DA's letting all these violent felons out is a really big problem for California/America right now. Violent crime is going through the roof in big cities from demonizing and defunding the police.

My wife's uncle is a Colonel in the marines. He was on my butt the other day telling me to get one.

[Edited on 8-15-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 8-14-2021 at 07:15 PM

Whenever I start to think about carrying in Mexico I watch the last 15 mins of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid again!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2021 at 07:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

I'd recommend a gold-plated 1911.
They're all the rage among the narco jefes and will definitely garner you a lot of street cred. :light:

Everyone has been telling me to start with a revolver. Easiest to maintain and least likely to malfunction.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 8-14-2021 at 07:49 PM

JZ,

Look for a .44 magnum revolver. Flat to 50 yards and will stop a diesel truck!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2021 at 08:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Crime surges from liberal DA's letting all these violent felons out is a really big problem for California/America right now. Violent crime is going through the roof in big cities from demonizing and defunding the police.

Why the F do you turn every post into a political liberal bashing?

You have started more arguments here than any other nomad.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2021 at 08:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

I deleted the word that upset you. My apologies.

Someone made a comment about having a gun. Was trying to explain why it's increasing.. There is a reason that gun and ammo sells have gone through the roof creating national shortages. Ppl are legitimately scared more than ever.

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2021 at 08:38 PM

It has more to do with what I do for a living, sheep, wolfs and sheep dogs kind of thing. Just keep your head down and graze... If you don't like guns stay away from them its your choice but remember you have that choice because people with guns made that possible.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2021 at 09:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

I deleted the word that upset you. My apologies.

Someone made a comment about having a gun. Was trying to explain why it'sincreasing.. There is a reason that gun and ammo sells have gone through the roof creating national shortages. Ppl are legitimately scared more than ever.

Why thank you JZ.

Agreed ppl are reacting to something happening. Attended Tanner show in Denver today, https://www.tannergunshow.com, looking for bulk ammo. Have shot a Beretta 92FS for years, got a Glock 19 a month ago. Shooting Federal 9mm, FMJ 124 gr, it's smooth, accurate, and fun.

Show was packed, hundreds of vendors. Stocking up. If you haven't yet, sign up for a gun safety course.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 05:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
JZ,

Look for a .44 magnum revolver. Flat to 50 yards and will stop a diesel truck!

That's too much horsepower for a rookie. Don't get me wrong, my S&W Model 29 is my absolute favorite pistol to shoot. But, most people don't find them pleasant to shoot, especially with hot hunting or defense loads.

JZ: Look into a nice .357 revolver. You can shoot lighter recoiling .38 Special loads and keep some .357 defense rounds for protection. I'd go with a 4" barrel, but I have a snub nose .38 Colt Detective Special that is pretty compact.

I was going to buy a stainless steel Taurus .357 a few months ago, but I already have about a dozen pistols and rarely shoot them anymore. With good defense loads for .38 Special today, my little Colt is more than adequate.

If you lived closer I'd meet you at a range and let you try a few out to experience the differences.

Good luck!

John

[Edited on 8-15-2021 by John Harper]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 07:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Hat? Check !
Coat? Check!
Keys? Check!
Gun? Check!

Half of Americans cling to their religion and guns, and for some of those clingers, guns are their religion.

Many of us Americans don’t live in fear and don’t carry guns to the grocery store..

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 11:31 AM

Back on topic - apparently a black Toyota Tundra blocked Mex 5 somewhere around Gonzaga and stopped three cars who were convoying. Stole everything - a Chevy SUV, 4 runner and a Tacoma. Happened August 11. The military checkpoint is unmanned and some suspect their absence is leading to more crime.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 11:48 AM

The topic of this thread started by Paul was crime in San Marias. The Gonzaga crime story is here: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=96445

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 02:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
If you aren't worried, why are you packin' ?:?:

Maybe he's not worried because he IS packing.

Ged misses the point EVERY time.
Being armed and trained during a confrontation brought on by opportunists is your only chance to avoid being the victim.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 02:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

Being armed and trained during a confrontation brought on by opportunists is your only chance to avoid being the victim.

x2

Straight shooting right here.

F*ck it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 02:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

Gunfights rarely turn out well for any party involved. Best response to armed robbery is to let them have the stuff. It’s just stuff, not worth risk of a gunfight over a vehicle and luggage.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 03:20 PM

Wow, so in goat's utopia, only the criminals should have guns (as he supports a weak police and unarmed citizenry)?
Shooting is a last resort for a gun owner but not so for a criminal. At least owning a gun gives one a last resort to use!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 03:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Wow, so in goat's utopia, only the criminals should have guns (as he supports a weak police and unarmed citizenry)?
Shooting is a last resort for a gun owner but not so for a criminal. At least owning a gun gives one a last resort to use!

Not what I said, knuckle head.

I own several guns, but I am not stupid enough to carry them into grocery store, nor would I carry a loaded gun in my car to fight off a car jacking. I’ll let them have the car.

Woke!

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 03:44 PM

Wait a minute guys, I don't know anything about firearms, I've never pulled a trigger.

So......I have a question.

You're armed and come upon a roadblock that's obviously not law enforcement guys.

When do you pull out your handgun? And then what? Kill someone and hope the other guy doesn't have an AK-47?

[Edited on 8-15-2021 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 03:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Hat? Check !
Coat? Check!
Keys? Check!
Gun? Check!

Half of Americans cling to their religion and guns, and for some of those clingers, guns are their religion.

Many of us Americans don’t live in fear and don’t carry guns to the grocery store..

You don’t live in fear so you trust your luck. Luck hardly can be considered bravery. If the criminal is in a good mood they will take your stuff and simply pistol whip the hell out of you. If in a bad mood or drug fog they won’t hesitate to take your stuff and put a bullet or knife in you. Pay more attention to the daily news and reality.
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.