Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: More crime - San Matias
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 08:00 AM

Tioloco, I think that point is lost on many here in fairy tale land, smoke another one and flip the GD album over.

RFClark, I agree on the bear spray on Mexico, but that's probably just more check thumping. You know having a plan is some Rambo stuff!
Glidergeek
Nomad

Mood: Moody

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 08:20 AM

I know a guy that got caught in TJ with a rifle and a pistol in a borrowed van. He spent 6 mos in prison (I believe La Paz prison) before his mother paid over $50K to get him back into the USA. His stories weren't pleasant of prison life in MX.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 08:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
As I said elsewhere, every time I think about putting a gun in my car in Mexico I rewatch the last part of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Bear Spray is as ar as I’ll go!

Perhaps you should watch Bruce Lee movies, and take some karate lessons.

Or watch Rambo movie and buy a Bowie knife

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 08:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
As I said elsewhere, every time I think about putting a gun in my car in Mexico I rewatch the last part of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Bear Spray is as ar as I’ll go!

Perhaps you should watch Bruce Lee movies, and take some karate lessons.

Or watch Rambo movie and buy a Bowie knife

The reason for bear spray is a non-lethal deterrent that you can use from a distance. If you have to resort to karate or knives, you've lost the fight already.

Maybe you're the one who has watched too many Rambo and Bruce Lee movies?

John

[Edited on 8-16-2021 by John Harper]
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 09:00 AM

In regard to a “Plan B”. Does anyone have any idea where the “authorities” hang in Gonzaga if the Military is gone? The market forted up a year or so ago with lights and razor wire but I doubt they are armed!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 09:16 AM

In regard to a “Plan B”. Does anyone have any idea...

Don't know about Plan B, but here is Plan 9:

Bulletproof Ford Raptor Truck
Reserve your Bulletproof Ford Raptor today! We have started shipping all makes and models, including the latest 2020 and 2021 versions. The Ford Raptor is one of the best trucks available on the market with its 450 horsepower and sleek design. The lightweight ballistic materials we use, blend seamlessly with the truck’s design. As a result, the vehicle becomes a disguised tank capable of withstanding rounds from high-powered rifles and explosive threats such as IEDs and DM-51 grenades. No need to sacrifice style for safety.

The upgraded bulletproof Ford Raptor can come equipped with our smoke screen, shocking door handles, and run-flat options (plus others). The vehicle comes available in both right-hand and left-hand drive options and can be shipped anywhere in the world.

Want to get more information on the armored truck Ford Raptor version via Armormax®?

Call 801-393-1075 to reserve yours today.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 09:27 AM

Goat,

3 letters, RPG! The best offense is to run like hell!
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 09:52 AM

I wouldn't even think about a gun in Mexico, hell I'm not taking one on my thru hike of the PCT next year either, saving weight! Bear spray is a good idea, always nice to keep some distance away from any hostile people. Not a good idea to take karate or a knife to a gun fight, maybe just do the fainting goat and play dead?

[Edited on 8-16-2021 by advrider]
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 11:24 AM

Bear spray in a gunfight? Bad idea.

It works on a bear because they have no idea and keep coming.

Bear spray on a burglar? Good idea.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 12:29 PM

just Covid - everyone is an expert

Harald Pietschmann
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 01:27 PM

In Mexico pepper spray isn't legal for a tourist either.

Don't remember their regulations on "bear spray", this is almost same thing, if you use it on a person they might charge you with using a weapon.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 01:36 PM

How much is the bullet proof Raptor?

Sounds like a good idea.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 02:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Like we say about the FMM;
Having a gun, it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

Here in this thread we have the finest example how stupid Gringos can be. Even those in leading positions!!! (I am saying Gringos and not `Americans´ b/c the U.S Citizens do not have another name. And the Canadiens or Mexican or Peruvians are Americans as well. But most of them not as stupid)

Example # 1:
A Gringo, a gun owner, is driving along a Mexican road. Around a curve -- a road block. Two pick-ups blocking the road and behind them 4 bandidos w/ rifles aiming at the Gringo. Now this is what happens: "Wife, where did you hide the gun"????? "Oh hubby, in the back under the rear seats". Go and get it !!!! Wife crawls into rear and is getting the gun. Hubby pulls down the left window pointing w/ the gun towrds the bandidos, hoping to scare them off. "Wife, smash the windshield ---- I cannot aim"!! Wife has an ax handy and smashes the windshield. Meanwhile the bandidos realizing the gun in the left hand of the Gringo and starting to open fire in self-defense. Wife is hit just between the eyes. Kid in rear badly wounded. Gringo gives up. Bandidos are leaving.
Summary: What did the smart GunOwener gain??? Make your pick.

Example # 2>
Another Baja traveler / not a gun woner (maybe not a Gringo as others do not use guns) comes to the same curve. Pick ups in place blocking the road. Rifles aiming like before. The driver stops. Remains calm. Bandido aproaching the car asking for money. Driver hands over his wallet (never has more than 1000 MX Pesos in his wallet. The other money is hidden somewhere. Also as a precaution for bad Police guys in CD Constitution) Same w/ spouse. Money changes hands. Bandidos are leaving. Now in this example the worst case senario: Bandodos are asking for the car, getting it and leaving. So far so good.
What did this driver gain? His and his families lifes in the first place. And the hidden money. A new car to buy is cheaper than a funeral.

Any more questions , stupids ???

Now, even this can happen to example # 1.
The gun owner is a very experianced John Wayne Wanna-Be. He managed to kill all 4 bandidos with his automatic sharp-shooting long barrelled auto-aiming gun. And nothing happend to his family.
Now, driving off? Impossible. More cars behind him. So waiting until Police arrives. Questions asked??? Not much!!! Hand cuffed and up into jail - maybe for ever. At least he will be killed in that Mexican jail as he killed 4 Mexicans.

Gun lovers like those who are supporting to have a gun in Mexico and using it O N L Y if there is the need for. (see example above)
Do you think you are smart? :?::?::?::
I for may part don`t think so.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 03:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Wait a minute guys, I don't know anything about firearms, I've never pulled a trigger.

So......I have a question.

You're armed and come upon a roadblock that's obviously not law enforcement guys.

When do you pull out your handgun? And then what? Kill someone and hope the other guy doesn't have an AK-47?

[Edited on 8-15-2021 by SFandH]
Some people have watched too many Dirty Harry movies. Most of these Rambos would probably soil themselves before they could get their weapon out and the carjackers would end up with a nice new pistol along with their vehicle.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 03:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  

Having a gun, it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

Here in this thread we have the finest example how stupid Gringos can be. Even those in leading positions!!! (I am saying Gringos and not `Americans´ b/c the U.S Citizens do not have another name. And the Canadiens or Mexican or Peruvians are Americans as well. But most of them not as stupid)

Example # 1:
A Gringo, a gun owner, is driving along a Mexican road. Around a curve -- a road block. Two pick-ups blocking the road and behind them 4 bandidos w/ rifles aiming at the Gringo. Now this is what happens: "Wife, where did you hide the gun"????? "Oh hubby, in the back under the rear seats". Go and get it !!!! Wife crawls into rear and is getting the gun. Hubby pulls down the left window pointing w/ the gun towrds the bandidos, hoping to scare them off. "Wife, smash the windshield ---- I cannot aim"!! Wife has an ax handy and smashes the windshield. Meanwhile the bandidos realizing the gun in the left hand of the Gringo and starting to open fire in self-defense. Wife is hit just between the eyes. Kid in rear badly wounded. Gringo gives up. Bandidos are leaving.
Summary: What did the smart GunOwener gain??? Make your pick.

Example # 2>
Another Baja traveler / not a gun woner (maybe not a Gringo as others do not use guns) comes to the same curve. Pick ups in place blocking the road. Rifles aiming like before. The driver stops. Remains calm. Bandido aproaching the car asking for money. Driver hands over his wallet (never has more than 1000 MX Pesos in his wallet. The other money is hidden somewhere. Also as a precaution for bad Police guys in CD Constitution) Same w/ spouse. Money changes hands. Bandidos are leaving. Now in this example the worst case senario: Bandodos are asking for the car, getting it and leaving. So far so good.
What did this driver gain? His and his families lifes in the first place. And the hidden money. A new car to buy is cheaper than a funeral.

Any more questions , stupids ???

Now, even this can happen to example # 1.
The gun owner is a very experianced John Wayne Wanna-Be. He managed to kill all 4 bandidos with his automatic sharp-shooting long barrelled auto-aiming gun. And nothing happend to his family.
Now, driving off? Impossible. More cars behind him. So waiting until Police arrives. Questions asked??? Not much!!! Hand cuffed and up into jail - maybe for ever. At least he will be killed in that Mexican jail as he killed 4 Mexicans.

Gun lovers like those who are supporting to have a gun in Mexico and using it O N L Y if there is the need for. (see example above)
Do you think you are smart? :?::?::?::
I for may part don`t think so.

I'm laughing at the geriatric nomad crowd as well talking about how they'd karate chop their way out of a bandido hold up. Or shoot it up just like they'd do back home at Walmart. We all know they'd chit their grown up diapers. If you are afraid to drive at night, there is no way you'd go toe to toe with the bad hombres that Trump is afraid of.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 03:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
If you can legally carrying a gun then you have an obligation to avoid trouble and should have the verbal skills to deescalate a situation, not be confrontational because you have a gun! When your dealing with a meth fueled tweaker things can go bad fast and de-escalation may be futile!
Its called concealed because no one should know you have it, just glad we are all free to choose.

Right you are!

don't kid yourself, you never want to see David in full AGGRO mode!:lol:

[Edited on 8-16-2021 by willardguy]
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2021 at 03:57 PM

LOL, are you guys serious? Pull a hand gun on multiple armed thugs with long guns, in Mexico or the US, really? You watch to many movies for sure. Common sense and wit will get you much further...
Either stop and hope not to get shot or make a run for it? Not much else you can do in Mexico.
torch
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2021 at 04:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
In Mexico pepper spray isn't legal for a tourist either.

Don't remember their regulations on "bear spray", this is almost same thing, if you use it on a person they might charge you with using a weapon.

I have herd that is the case so ive started keeping a can of wasp spray handy. I never want to use it but i did have to aim it at a thug once.
vandy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2021 at 05:01 AM

Look up "wasp spray challenge" and such on YouTube, where people actually get sprayed with wasp spray and pepper spray.

I'd just give a link, but they usually make you sign in.
Don't want kids trying this at home.

The gist of the videos is:
WASP AND HORNET SPRAY DOESN'T DISABLE PEOPLE, AT ALL! Even a prolonged blast covering the face with the stuff doesn't slow down someone.

Pepper spray works, although I'd never bring it to a gun fight.
Good for aggressive dogs, drunks in your camp...oh, better skip that last one.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-17-2021 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

don't kid yourself, you never want to see David in full AGGRO mode!:lol:

[Edited on 8-16-2021 by willardguy]

Watch out, Bob and I make a good AGGRO team! :lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.