Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  111
Author: Subject: The palm tree is going two feet under water
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2021 at 04:46 PM

Did anyone notice the 400 private jets at the so-called "climate summit."

Or the 80 car motorcade our fierce leader was riding around in? And he still managed to sh!t his pants at the Vatican, literally, not figuratively.

All these ppl want is money and power.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-8-2021 at 05:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Well, the ozone "hole" was apparently created by man, and, once the culprit was identified, changes were made. Chemistry explained the reaction of CFC's with ozone, and back then people trusted science.

CFC's were banned (probably not 100% successfully, but better than vaccination rates) and we thereby developed less harmful refrigerants. Sound familiar?

I have not heard any warnings about the ozone "hole" for years. Now for you contrarians of everything, I ask you, was that just a hoax to get government control? Control of what, exactly? Does your air conditioning still work?

John

When you study a 4-billion-year-old atmosphere for 50-60 years and think you see an abnormality, then you got to wonder what was that for if not to create some panic and gain revenue for your foundation.

How do they know ozone holes, coming and going, are not a 'normal thing' in Nature? Solar wind, sun spots, etc. can do a lot to our polar regions.

When a volcano erupts, with millions more pounds of "ozone-depleting" gasses than all the aerosols humans have ever used, you can only stand by and watch. No amount of taxation and spending can stop volcanoes from erupting!

Still, I am all in favor of cleaner EVERYTHING. Well, except my truck off-roading in Baja!

Once you accept that all this climate hysteria is a TOOL to extract money from American pockets, you may see through those rose-colored glasses better.

Peace, Love, and Fish Tacos, for everyone! :light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2021 at 05:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Well, the ozone "hole" was apparently created by man, and, once the culprit was identified, changes were made. Chemistry explained the reaction of CFC's with ozone, and back then people trusted science.

CFC's were banned (probably not 100% successfully, but better than vaccination rates) and we thereby developed less harmful refrigerants. Sound familiar?

I have not heard any warnings about the ozone "hole" for years. Now for you contrarians of everything, I ask you, was that just a hoax to get government control? Control of what, exactly? Does your air conditioning still work?

John

When you study a 4-billion-year-old atmosphere for 50-60 years and think you see an abnormality, then you got to wonder what was that for if not to create some panic and gain revenue for your foundation.

How do they know ozone holes, coming and going, are not a 'normal thing' in Nature? Solar wind, sun spots, etc. can do a lot to our polar regions.

When a volcano erupts, with millions more pounds of "ozone-depleting" gasses than all the aerosols humans have ever used, you can only stand by and watch. No amount of taxation and spending can stop volcanoes from erupting!

Still, I am all in favor of cleaner EVERYTHING. Well, except my truck off-roading in Baja!

Once you accept that all this climate hysteria is a TOOL to extract money from American pockets, you may see through those rose-colored glasses better.

Peace, Love, and Fish Tacos, for everyone! :light:

David, how many water ways in the US are considered clean? How did they get contaminated? Do you think that car emissions create pollution?

Who exactly gets all of this money? Do you think private companies might benefit?

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2021 at 06:30 PM

"David, how many water ways in the US are considered clean?"
Way, way more than in China or India (or maybe most other industrial countries)!

"How did they get contaminated?"
By pouring junk in them... but we in the U.S. learned and made them clean again.

"Do you think that car emissions create pollution?"
Anything that exhales or farts is a polluter according to some, but is it all harmful or just normal?

"Who exactly gets all of this money?"
Not the taxpaying citizens who should be keeping that money for their families.

"Do you think private companies might benefit?"
From what? Helping to make something people want? I hope so, because they create jobs and that's how an economy works.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-8-2021 at 07:38 PM

"Do you think private companies might benefit?"
From what? Helping to make something people want? I hope so, because they create jobs and that's how an economy works.

Solution to global warming will be developed by private industry and public universities, within regulatory framework of government.

Dk, you are very ignorant of how regulations drive business to do good things that benefit our society. And there is nothing wrong with using government to force old business models to change to the way we want things to be.

CWA, CAA, RCRA, CERCLA were implemented by businesses: manufacturers, environmental engineers/contractors.

The mandate to move to renewable power is leading to many thriving businesses.

The mandates to go electric for vehicles is forcing business to adapt in great ways. Ever driven an e-vehicle? Way more enjoyable drive than that IC engine toyota you drive.

People want government to create reg framework to solve problems, and you are always on the dinosaur side of change.
Pull your head out of your a$$.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2021 at 09:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

People want government to create reg framework to solve problems, and you are always on the dinosaur side of change.
Pull your head out of your a$$.

That sure isn't what they are trying to do now. And you know it.

Let's just pray that don't destroy America before they get booted out.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-14-2022 at 06:03 PM

What La Paz and San Diego beach communities will look like in 65 years.

Guerrro negro will be gone.

Hwy 1 will have to be relocated toward the mountains.

Downtown Ensenada will be inundated where will they build the new malecon?

Encourage your kids to go into civil engineering and heavy civil construction with emphasis on coastal engineering,… good job security, as mankind is incapable of fixing their pollution! Nice places to work, along the coast, none of that interior desert chit where 125-degree summer days will be the norm.

:no::no::no:

:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 5-15-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Copacetico1
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 11:34 AM

And the Sea of Cortez will reach north of the Salton Sea. Palm Springs will become a major beach resort and property values will skyrocket. Meanwhile dykes will be built around San Diego, just as with New Orleans, Amsterdam, Singapore and Copenhagen and life will go on.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 12:15 PM

Or... the sea will remain about the same, as we see it has for over 100 years in photos? Show me a boat launch ramp built over 60 years ago that is underwater now. Just relax and enjoy life with what little money you have. All the tax payers hard earned dollars being spent on 'climate change' will not change a natural occurrence.
:light:

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 03:24 PM

Science doesn't care what you believe.

[Edited on 5-15-2022 by pacificobob]
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2022 at 08:28 AM

Or... the sea will remain about the same, as we see it has for over 100 years in photos? Show me a boat launch ramp built over 60 years ago that is underwater now. Just relax and enjoy life with what little money you have. All the tax payers hard earned dollars being spent on 'climate change' will not change a natural occurrence.
:light:

Ah - so you can not google images to look for those photos?

and you don't believe. the dramatic increases in severity and frequency of extreme weather events?

and you obviously ignore the economist predications of effects on economies by climate change?

and you figure you can ignore literally thousands of scientific studies - all based on huge data sets - because you don't want to believe?

and whats the motive forr these people trying to stop climate change? whats their objective - and more importantly - why?

David - remember when we all had a big belly laugh when you kept insisting you liked and believed in science?

Sorry David, climate change is here, its real and it's causing untold economic damage all over the planet. Thats the truth - No matter what you want to believe!

and once again - if some secret cabal trying to destroy world wide economies is your contention - any idea why they would be doing that?

and just for fun David - how about you look up the research on economic benefits of technologies and projects that reduce carbon emmissions?

hell almost half of all electricity being used in California is renewable

- my energy is free after making the one time investment in solar panels - pays for itself in another 9 months - then its free electricity for the next 20 years - so am I trying to destroy the economy by not paying PGE? and how did I destroy the economy by putting people who engineer build and install solar systems to work?

rectal cranial inversion results in cutting of flow of Oxygen to the Brain david - thats what you really need to be concerned about - look up the science on that!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2022 at 09:53 AM

It's like talking to a wall with you... and why I wonder why I try at all.

I believe in climate change, that is a fact... The climate is ALWAYS CHANGING, man or no man. The problem I have is the need for your group to say it is man-caused (now) and that taking tax payers' money will change the climate. Every few years, when the catastrophe, your side predicted, DOESN'T happen, you change the name of the event or give a new prediction as to when the sea will swallow Miami, etc.

More truth is that the longer one lives, the more extreme weather events one will witness. Weather is not the same as climate. Weather can change in a day, climates change over hundreds to thousands of years.

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2022 at 10:09 AM

I keep following this thread to see one of the “Google climate experts” finally provide a credible explanation as to why the iconic palm tree remains high and dry after decades of photographic evidence as if in defiance of the rising sea warnings.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2022 at 08:19 AM

It's like talking to a wall with you... and why I wonder why I try at all.

I believe in climate change, that is a fact... The climate is ALWAYS CHANGING, man or no man. The problem I have is the need for your group to say it is man-caused (now) and that taking tax payers' money will change the climate. Every few years, when the catastrophe, your side predicted, DOESN'T happen, you change the name of the event or give a new prediction as to when the sea will swallow Miami, etc.

More truth is that the longer one lives, the more extreme weather events one will witness. Weather is not the same as climate. Weather can change in a day, climates change over hundreds to thousands of years.

Care to actually provide a link to these supposed "predictions" that have not come true? I promise for every one you provide, I will provide 5 links when predicitions were accurate - but you first - wheres your sourse for this claim of failed predictions?

Next
OK what tax payers money? for what? you spout that rhetoric all - the time - what tax payer money for what? and while you are at it, do you care to look up the costs of dealing with catastrophic weather events over the past 10 years? how does that compare to previous decades?

You did get one thing right David. =- well sort of
You are correct that climates change over thousands (more like tens and hundreds of thousands) of years.

That's the point - see the changes we saw taking place over those long time frames - well it turns out they are now happening in much much much tighter time frames. its not the change David - its the RATE of CHANGE that has scientists concerned. Stuff we expect to see over 1000 years is changing in 10 years - its the rate,

A quick google search will demonstrate how wrong your Miami isn't seeing climate change effects - just google it David - its all there - measurements, data, statistical analysis, events, costs, concerns - its all there.

I've come to realize why you choose to be Willfuly Ignorant on this subject David. You are plenty smart enough to recognize that if you actually do some research, look at studies, data, results etc - these will all be counter to your personal beliefs. And when that happens - you are confronted with having to change your beliefs. That ain't easy David - in fact - the science you so dearly love - you know what it says about having to change a core belief?
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2016/12/28/14088992/b...

BTW just for the record, a good portion of my research over the past 20 years is being used in climate change science, so i do know maybe just a little tiny bit more that just googling things.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2022 at 09:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
I keep following this thread to see one of the “Google climate experts” finally provide a credible explanation as to why the iconic palm tree remains high and dry after decades of photographic evidence as if in defiance of the rising sea warnings.

F.ck the palm tree! Enough of that.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 5-18-2022 at 10:38 AM

caj13,

If you drive south from Palm Springs to San Felipe you can see evidence that sea level has been 20M higher in the past. There is also evidence that it has been 100+M lower in the past. Few dispute that! Additionally the land rises and falls in elevation over time, often over short time spans and by a number of feet! (Think Naples here!) These things have always occurred! Everything about the earth and its atmosphere has been radically different in the past!

The real issue is will putting the enviroleftists in charge solve any of this!

As a Conservative who has both solar and alt-fuel cars I see over reaching government as most of the problem and little of the solution!
Many of the dirtiest places on the planet are that way as a direct result of government failing to follow the rules that it tries to force on everyone except itself! (Think hypocrites only wearing masks when on camera or flying to environmental events in private jets here!)

The real problem is there are too many people! No one is going to touch that issue! All else is political theater!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2022 at 10:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

If you drive south from Palm Springs to San Felipe ........

“A little learning is a dangerous thing.”

[Edited on 5-18-2022 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2022 at 10:51 AM

You mean like Liberal Arts degree as opposed to a technical degree!

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2022 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
You mean like Liberal Arts degree as opposed to a technical degree!

You don't understand what I meant?

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2022 at 11:12 AM

If you mean that a movement that has an autistic teenager as a major spokesperson is operating on very little knowledge and is dangerous, yes I understand and agree!
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  111

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.