Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  111
Author: Subject: The palm tree is going two feet under water
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-28-2022 at 06:13 AM

Hell-of-a-ride, question all that you want. I am just passionate about Baja California and enjoy sharing my travels and research. I don't demand you believe anything or that you change the way you live, as so many from the Left do. What you should understand is that Change is Normal... The climate changes, the sea level changes, the sand changes. Most changes are slow and we won't live to see them, like climate or sea level. Others will change in our lifetime, like weather and sand movement. We don't always like these changes but we try to adapt.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Hellofaride

[*] posted on 5-28-2022 at 02:17 PM

Your good...real good.
For myself, Mr. Kier is a baja expert.For reals
Your knowledge of the peninsula is second to none.
That's where it stops.
Everything else is opinion.
I rely on critical thinking.
Take the info and process it. From covid to climate change.
The Red team doesn't seem to do that....pick up the red teams "package"and your done. No analysis needed.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2022 at 04:13 PM

OK, fair... but science is the observation of the physical world and so far, that palm tree is no closer to being in the water now vs. 90 years ago. Just a fact.
I wish you many more great surfing trips as possible before all those sandy beaches are gone or just moved down the coast some more.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 5-28-2022 at 06:10 PM

Hellofaride,

You misstate the problem! It’s common knowledge that the Earth cycles between warm and cold epochs! The seas have been higher in the past and will be again in the future. They have also been much lower! The only unanswered question is when!

The real question is will putting people with your views in charge of the US change anything as long as a few billion people outside the US continue to burn coal, cook on open fires and burn land to clear it?

Since studies of 3rd world pollution aren't popular it’s difficult to find honest numbers for comparison!

Honest measurements of the rate of sea level change have only been possible in the last couple of decades (since GPS) we don't even have much of a baseline yet to evaluate any program against!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-28-2022 at 06:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

The real question is will putting people with your views in charge of the US change anything as long as a few billion people outside the US continue to burn coal, cook on open fires and burn land to clear it?

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Your logic is flawed.

Just because people rob and steal does not mean you should rob and steal because other people are doing it.

You should lead by example.

I thought Americans were great innovators and leaders of the world. Now you Americans are living by the credo of “ya, it’s bad, but I won’t stop, because other people won’t stop.” Y’all are real dumb mother flockers!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2022 at 06:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Your logic is flawed.

Just because people rob and steal does not mean you should rob and steal because other people are doing it.

You should lead by example.

I thought Americans were great innovators and leaders of the world. Now you Americans are living by the credo of “ya, it’s bad, but I won’t stop, because other people won’t stop.” Y’all are real dumb mother flockers!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2022 at 06:48 PM

Gee goat, we know you are okay with voting twice, but there is no need to reply twice!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2022 at 06:51 PM

Goat,

The question still is will putting the likes of Al Gore and John Kerry in charge solve the problem? Since they both only talk the talk and everyone knows it probably not!

Virtue signaling (setting an example) won't solve this problem. Especially when Those burning to force change on the masses don’t follow those rules themselves! Think masks only on TV here!

Solar and electric cars are good, I have both, but without the billions changing too it won’t be enough! Even with the billions changing (unlikely as that might be) it still won’t be enough because we're in the “Ice Melts” part of the cycle!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2022 at 08:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Gee goat, we know you are okay with voting twice, but there is no need to reply twice!

Your attempt at humor is just as good as your attempt at science.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2022 at 11:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
When I see John Kerry, Bill Gates, Brad Pitt reduce their personal carbon footprints below 10 times the average global citizen, I will start following their advice.
Til then I think I will listen to the average Mexican.

If you can get over your jealousy of the rich, perhaps you would realize that rich people that speak about the importance of reducing GH gas emissions have reduced their carbon footprints relative to others in their income bracket. They don’t have to live like monks to spread the message. Not everyone has to have the same carbon footprint, but the world will be better if all strive to reduce our carbon footprint. Reduction is the key — not all need to have the same footprint — simply all need to reduce their footprint.

Anyhow,… what’s wrong with rich people using their money to effect change in what they feel strongly about? There will always be people richer than you, does you no good to be jealous about it and thereby ignore their message, or ignore the same message being voiced by people of more modest means.

How about you listen to the same message from middle class people? Greta Thunberg is perhaps closer to your income bracket, listen to her!

Re Bill Gates,… he preaches to rich people, tells them they need to give away their fortunes to make society a better place(Giving Pledge). Sounds like a good message to me!

[Edited on 5-29-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2022 at 12:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
When I see John Kerry, Bill Gates, Brad Pitt reduce their personal carbon footprints below 10 times the average global citizen, I will start following their advice.
Til then I think I will listen to the average Mexican.

If you can get over your jealousy of the rich, perhaps you would realize that rich people that speak about the importance of reducing GH gas emissions have reduced their carbon footprints relative to others in their income bracket. They don’t have to live like monks to spread the message. Not everyone has to have the same carbon footprint, but the world will be better if all strive to reduce our carbon footprint. Reduction is the key — not all need to have the same footprint — simply all need to reduce their footprint.

Anyhow,… what’s wrong with rich people using their money to effect change in what they feel strongly about? There will always be people richer than you, does you no good to be jealous about it and thereby ignore their message, or ignore the same message being voiced by people of more modest means.

How about you listen to the same message from middle class people? Greta Thunberg is perhaps closer to your income bracket, listen to her!

Re Bill Gates,… he preaches to rich people, tells them they need to give away their fortunes to make society a better place(Giving Pledge). Sounds like a good message to me!

It's not about jealousy. It's about hypocrisy. But you already knew that.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2022 at 12:49 PM

Goat,

So exactly how much pollution do a few billion people cooking their meals on open fires, pooping in the woods, doing laundry and bathing in streams create each and every day?

I guarantee that I’m not jealous! That said they are a large part of the problem that the Left ignores (You!)! The rich guys are just hypocrite posers!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 08:14 AM

Previously predicted solar storm just hit us and coincided with extreme temperature fluctuations. Anyone else notice the odd effects? Scientists predict solar storms create extreme weather events along with disruptions to communications, etc.
Isn't science amazing?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/direct-hit-space-w...

[Edited on 7-20-2022 by JDCanuck]

Oh, no... can't be right... the sun has no control over earth's climate (they say)! Only man can change the climate on earth and taxing Americans will reverse the change! LOL

Sun and planets scale.jpg - 41kB

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 09:30 AM

Tesla has an uphill battle to keep its lead in market share. I've read reports about poor build quality and:

"Pretty Much Every Tesla on the Road Is Now Under Recall"

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/pretty-much-every-tesla-on-the-...

If I did the arithmetic right, TSLA is down 33% from its peak and still has a PE ratio of 99! :lol:

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 10:31 AM

And Tesla is expected to deliver the 3 millionth EV shortly.
With dozens of EV makers for sure Tesla will loose market share.

Yes the higher the production rate the lower the build quality. Ford and GM are better examples of reduced quality.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
And Tesla is expected to deliver the 3 millionth EV shortly.
With dozens of EV makers for sure Tesla will loose market share.

Yes the higher the production rate the lower the build quality. Ford and GM are better examples of reduced quality.

I used to think that... until I got a Toyota!

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 10:58 AM

Toyota. Quite the exception
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 03:59 PM

It'll be interesting to see what the electric trucks' quality turns out to be. My bets on on Ford or Rivian for decent quality for rough use. The battery replacement issues will be the big question. Already hearing reports they are not available on some models when they go after 10 years. Built in obsolescence.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 04:21 PM

It'll be interesting to see what the electric trucks' quality turns out to be. My bets on on Ford or Rivian for decent quality for rough use. The battery replacement issues will be the big question. Already hearing reports they are not available on some models when they go after 10 years. Built in obsolescence.

Takes too long to recharge batteries. The EV will sell better when your refueling consists of 2 options: a recharge, or a battery swap done in a few minutes instead of recharging for a few hours…
I like idea of recharging a car for short hops around home.
If I need to travel from San Diego to seattle, I don’t want to spend an extra half to full day on road waiting for batteries to charge :light:

Woke!

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2022 at 04:51 PM

I bet in 10 years batteries will be totally different than they are now. A ten-year-old EV will be scrap.

There's a startup company in Silicon Valley that is (maybe) going to build travel trailers with electrically motorized wheels and battery packs so when you're towing with your EV truck the range is not reduced. A powered trailer. Hmmmm. Maybe.....

https://www.lightshiprv.com/

[Edited on 7-21-2022 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  111

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.