Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  112
Author: Subject: The palm tree is going two feet under water
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-25-2022 at 09:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Goat,

I’m the one with the electric car! What’s in your garage?

Too much stuff in our garage. We park outside! :lol::lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-25-2022 at 09:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Cali does what cali wants! And the usa follows, because Cali is the biggest and most important economy in the USA! California Uber alles! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

When I would travel to Oregon to visit family back in the seventy's, I remember the signs and bumper stickers saying "Don't Californicate Oregon!"

I predict that sentiment will grow across the nation as more and more wage earners and businesses leave the state.

I am all in favor of continuing to develop the EV industry, but there will have to be major changes to our aging electric grid to support the additional demand!

Power outages in my part of the state are almost a daily event now, and will get worse with increased load. 668 customers (meters) lost power this morning around 8:00 am. It is dead calm, no fires or accidents to cause an outage, and it is well out of peak demand hours!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 8-25-2022 at 09:34 AM

well like it or not it's coming.....damn I wish I could afford to live in california!

https://news.yahoo.com/california-set-ban-fossil-fuel-074745...

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2022 at 02:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

In the meantime No ICE cars to be sold in Cali 2035.

No new ICE cars in 2035.

"Starting in 2026, California will require 35 percent of new vehicles to be either partially or fully electric. Plug-in hybrids like the Prius Prime—where a battery provides a few dozen miles of electric-only range before a gas engine takes over—will count the same as a fully EV if it provides 70 miles or more of electric-only range and complies with the other regulations for EVs. If the range is less than that, it counts as a “partial vehicle” based on a formula you can read about here if you’re interested in such things. The “Zero Emissions Vehicle” requirement increases year by year until it is 100 percent in 2035, by which point all cars will have to be either PHEVs that hit the range requirement or full EVs. "

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7k8kwy/californias-gas-car-b...

[Edited on 8-25-2022 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 08:35 AM

wow - poor David and JZ must be really upset. I posted a simple list of facts for them to check out - contradicting their blathering BS - and the post disappeared almost immediately, along with their posts outlining their lies and agenda!

why JZ? why David - leave your work here for all members to see and respond to!
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 08:57 AM

Because of the high price for battery powered vehicles
One thing for sure is that CA used ICE vehicles will see increased demand and higher prices.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 08:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
wow - poor David and JZ must be really upset. I posted a simple list of facts for them to check out - contradicting their blathering BS - and the post disappeared almost immediately, along with their posts outlining their lies and agenda!

I disagree with you. I'm glad to see that Bajanomad deleted the political posts. The argument is never-ending. Why bother?

If you want to participate in a US blue vs. red political debate, go to off-topic.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 09:01 AM

or just the moderator removing u.s. political chit that doesn't belong here, thank you Doug:D

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 09:04 AM

Just heard on the news (KPBS) that once CA receives a waiver from the federal government to allow for the implementation of the new EV rules, 17 other states are ready to implement the CA rules, which they are allowed to do. If so, it would affect 40% of all new car sales in the US.

[Edited on 8-26-2022 by SFandH]

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 09:11 AM

Unfortunately, California can't even support its current electrical needs

In Memory of E-57
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 09:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alan  

This morning's reported power outages (reported by YubaNet);
Sierra County, 913 customers
Placer County, 2,699 customers
Eldorado County, 898 customers

Again, no wind event, fires or accident caused outages!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 09:33 AM

What does that mean?
The usa has electric grid that crosses state lines, interconnects states/generators/consumers (with small exception for whacky states like tx). Some states are net export. Some states are net import. Not big deal on the grid.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 09:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

This morning's reported power outages (reported by YubaNet);
Sierra County, 913 customers
Placer County, 2,699 customers
Eldorado County, 898 customers

Again, no wind event, fires or accident caused outages!

So what? Outages are part of distribution… some are planned. Some are not. Is the frequency of outages abnormal?

Woke!

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 09:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Outages are part of distribution… some are planned. Some are not. Is the frequency of outages abnormal?

Abnormal?....Yes! Last year we had a few planned power outages during "Red Flag" fire danger, and there have been some called out for maintenance and upgrades, but this year it has been an almost daily occurrence somewhere in Nevada or nearby Counties.

These are unrelated events, and usually outside of peak demand hours, so I am not sure what P.G.&E's problem is. This is just me guessing, but it might be at least partially due to the new automatic shut-off devices designed to prevent fires.

I have lost power (unplanned) four times in the last month and a half. One of them was due to a suicidal squirrel playing on a transformer at the end of my street. The transformer only served four houses (not mine) but the shut down was probably thirty or forty houses in the area.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 11:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

or just the moderator removing u.s. political chit that doesn't belong here, thank you Doug:D

x2 thx Doug!

If I never read another disparaging comment about Biden, and Dems generally, or Repubs, and how they're effectively destroying democracy, I'll be less PO'd.

Tell me if I'm preaching to the choir here. What's wrong with OT? Rants and venting encouraged over there.

Tom throws bait, JZ jumps in hoping to provoke a fight. Stop it Tom. JZ? Grow up.

caj13. Thx for calling trolls on their BS.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Copacetico1
Banned

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 02:01 PM

I think this is going to kill tourism in California. Many places will now be out of reach. Drive from San Diego to Mammoth to go skiing? Nope? Tahoe? Nope. LA to San Francisco? Not in one day. How will California replace its cut in the gasoline sales taxes? That funds road infrastructure.

This has disaster written all over it and is poorly thought out.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 02:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Copacetico1  
I think this is going to kill tourism in California. Many places will now be out of reach. Drive from San Diego to Mammoth to go skiing? Nope? Tahoe? Nope. LA to San Francisco? Not in one day. How will California replace its cut in the gasoline sales taxes? That funds road infrastructure.

For thousands of years, man could only travel as fast as a horse could carry him. Oh, ye of little faith.

John
Copacetico1
Banned

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 02:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

For thousands of years, man could only travel as fast as a horse could carry him. Oh, ye of little faith.

John

Did they have electric horses?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 02:32 PM

Dont be a pessimist!

Fear is the natural reaction of the ignorant and superstitious. Dont be afraid!

Private sector will rise to the challenge and build the tech to alleviate your fears! Seek courage!

Woke!

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2022 at 02:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

Did they have electric horses?

Let's not go backwards....horse farts are just another form of carbon emissions!

Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  112

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.