Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  29    31    33  ..  111
Author: Subject: The palm tree is going two feet under water
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 06:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Take it to OT, you troll....Why contaminate this board with your political stuff?

Not one political statement was made. We are talking "science, history, and facts."

Why would that upset you?

Trolls, conspirators (DK/JZ), hanger-ons (Clark) come around spouting misinformation as fact, feigning ignorance when called out.

Blab blab blab. JZ has been spouting this crap for years -- if it's not brain dead, locked down kids, it's libs perpetuating pandemic lies. Covid a hoax to these clowns.

This thread is about climate change, as much as deniers, who whine about money. Looks like MAGA MAGGOT Republicans to me.

Take it to OT guys. No respect here for your nonsense.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 09:35 AM

Take it to OT, you troll....Why contaminate this board with your political stuff?

Not one political statement was made. We are talking "science, history, and facts."

It's your blatant political leanings and political affiliations that are causing you to compulsively troll others on this message board. It causes you to bump threads that ran out of energy. Don't beat around the bush here........

That is what upsets your fellow members on this board. Heck, I used to do the same things about religious ideas a few years ago when I was inserting my lack of belief in a God in every thread. It was lame and something that was not appropriate discussing with such a fervor on a Baja message board.

Before posting maybe try thinking "what am I attempting to do with my post? Am I trolling libs on a Baja website?"

I could elaborate but the surf is good..............

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 09:46 AM

Yeah, and remember that the original post in this thread was about the sea level in Guaymas.....Like that has something to do with the sea level in Baja! :wow:

Ok, I admit that I like to troll once in a while also.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 10:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
A troll for truth, perhaps?
Predictions are not fact... the government makes all kinds of predictions (you know like this is not inflation, but just "trasitory"). Scientists paid by the government is just more government and not always real science (the observation and study of events).
While a few of you get all worked up, the rest of us will continue to enjoy the sea right where it is... and still just inches below the palm tree for 80+ years!

Some of your posts are so right on that I'm amazed. Up to the point where your climate denier attitude kicks in.

Just another conspirator whining about government spending. Cheapskate.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 11:40 AM

Lee,

Saying that the “solutions” put forward to “lessen” a problem that has been over 12,000 years in the making likely won’t work and aren’t even followed by those trying to enforce them on the rest of us isn’t “denying that the climate is changing”. It’s believing that those “solutions” aren’t really going to solve the problem! It’s also recognizing that putting hypocrites in charge is a bad idea!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 11:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Trolls, conspirators (DK/JZ), hanger-ons (Clark) come around spouting misinformation as fact, feigning ignorance when called out.

Blab blab blab. JZ has been spouting this crap for years -- if it's not brain dead, locked down kids, it's libs perpetuating pandemic lies. Covid a hoax to these clowns.

This thread is about climate change, as much as deniers, who whine about money. Looks like MAGA MAGGOT Republicans to me.

Take it to OT guys. No respect here for your nonsense.

No respect here either.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 12:12 PM

PB,

Exactly what “misinformation” would I be spouting? Perhaps that most of those in the US pushing restrictive solutions on others demonstratively don’t follow them themselves?

Perhaps that they say nothing about poor wild-lands management causing fires that generate more pollution then is eliminated by years of those restrictions?

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 02:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
... poor wild-lands management...

Sounds like an oxymarooon to me. Wild lands are exactly that- wild, not "managed".
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 02:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Sounds like an oxymarooon to me. Wild lands are exactly that- wild, not "managed".

UCLA study:

"A new analysis led by researchers with the University of California has found the 2020 wildfires in the state put twice as much greenhouse gas emissions into the Earth’s atmosphere as the total reduction in such pollutants in California between 2003-2019."

https://ph.ucla.edu/news/press-release/2022/oct/ucla-led-stu...

The entire thing is a long con. One day the world is going to freeze over, the next a hole in the ozone is gonna get us all, then they say the seas will rise and polar bears will starve.

Now we find out a couple forest fires one Fall wiped out 15 years of GHG emission reductions and a several billion of tax spending. :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 11-21-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 05:08 PM

UCLA study:

"A new analysis led by researchers with the University of California has found the 2020 wildfires in the state put twice as much greenhouse gas emissions into the Earth’s atmosphere as the total reduction in such pollutants in California between 2003-2019."

The entire thing is a long con. One day the world is going to freeze over, the next a hole in the ozone is gonna get us all, then they say the seas will rise and polar bears will starve.

Now we find out a couple forest fires one Fall wipe out 15 years and a couple hundred billion of tax spending. :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 11-20-2022 by JZ]

UCLA? WE ALL KNOW that school is full of elite lib-tard scientists and the administration pushes a progressive message!!! I refuse to read such links! :lol::lol::LOL:

Peace out Nomads. All the best to ya.

[Edited on 11-21-2022 by Ateo]
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 05:41 PM

S,

Well, you and California agree. That said it’s a little hard on the towns that get burned out and the survivors or families of those killed.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 05:57 PM

UCLA study:

Now we find out a couple forest fires one Fall wipe out 15 years and a couple hundred billion of tax spending. :lol::lol::lol:

a Z**o that learned to stfu! we could use one of those here, way to edit azzhole:rolleyes:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 06:18 PM

UCLA study:

Little man,
Since most fires are caused by man (e.g. elec lines, arson), we to conclude that fires are another GHG source we need to control, just like auto exhaust emissions.
Not sure your point about fires negates the reasons we need to continue switching to renewable energy.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 08:12 PM

Goat,

The study proves that if you first don't control the fires, the rest is just a waste of lives, time and money. Not a lot of government or environmentalists interested in doing anything except regulating other people’s lives yet!

Uncontrolled wildfires are a big issue in the west.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 08:42 PM

Goat,

The study proves that if you first don't control the fires, the rest is just a waste of lives, time and money. Not a lot of government or environmentalists interested in doing anything except regulating other people’s lives yet!

I'd love to see Mr. Spock do a video on the importance of controlled burns..

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 08:45 PM

Saying it's pointless to try to cut back on emissions because a forest fire sets things back is like deciding to have a front yard that's just a dirt patch because a car might go out of control and run onto your lawn and take out all the landscaping.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 09:08 PM

Goat,

I'd love to see Mr. Spock do a video on the importance of controlled burns..

how can you argue with someone in the trade?
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2022 at 10:28 PM

S,

There are fires in the west almost every year. I don’t think “might” is appropriate! I think that we could do both. Please note that we are not.

PG&E got away with murder, actually a number of murders! Why do you imagine that happened? ($$$)
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2022 at 08:52 AM

Past practices in forest fire management have changed drastically recently in British Columbia. Leading the charge are native ceremonial controlled burns being reintroduced, reducing the spread of wildfires and creating natural diversity of species. Pine beetle infestations also had created a huge problem after a century of selective replanting to yield highest value logging.
In addition a large proportion of burned forests are now purposely left to spread for similar reasons.

The foresters knew this decades ago, but unfortunately they were overruled by various governments and their lobbyists.

60% of fires are caused by lightning strikes, and can be managed by fuel control and prescribed burns

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/wildfire-status/wi...

[Edited on 11-21-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2022 at 09:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  

The foresters knew this decades ago, but unfortunately they were overruled by various governments and their lobbyists.

60% of fires are caused by lightning strikes, and can be managed by fuel control and prescribed burns

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/wildfire-status/wi...

[Edited on 11-21-2022 by JDCanuck]

I'm shocked to hear this!!

Pages:  1  ..  29    31    33  ..  111

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.