Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  56    58    60  ..  111
Author: Subject: The palm tree is going two feet under water
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2023 at 09:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
JD,

All you need at ground level are steel frames and 5/8” plywood. We’re doing those now. Pictures soon.

Yes, we costed that and also the roll down metal shutters out as alternatives. Our neighbours for the most part put up temporary plywood sheet covers each time they get a storm warning, but we will be stuck up here so needed something in place throughout. And of course, we have zero control over debris from construction projects surrounding us.

[Edited on 6-2-2023 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-2-2023 at 11:43 AM

Goat,

I’ll post some pictures of our gray water recycling system and landscaping thoughts on the container post.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2023 at 09:03 AM

Goat,

Watch the youtube it’s the latest in Zombie Preper off-road tech ($93K) even I think it’s a waste of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJMKMYi0UQU
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2023 at 10:26 AM

Goat,

Watch the youtube it’s the latest in Zombie Preper off-road tech ($93K) even I think it’s a waste of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJMKMYi0UQU

hahaha, quote:

"If it's the end of the world you want to make sure you have spare tires for your trailer."

Totally ridiculous.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2023 at 11:25 AM

Where exactly would one go with their trailer, if it's the end of the world? What would they fuel the vehicle they're pulling it with if there is no gas or diesel and the electrical grid is non-functional? These people think real life is like some Mad Max movie.

In an end of the world as we know it scenario, if anyone survives, it will be the people who have knowledge and skills to try to grow food, to know which plants are edible and medicinal, who are adept at fashioning things into something else, those who are accustomed living simply, and those who work with others for the common good, not the people who hoarded and have an every man for himself attitude.

[Edited on 6-3-2023 by surabi]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-3-2023 at 05:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Where exactly would one go with their trailer, if it's the end of the world? What would they fuel the vehicle they're pulling it with if there is no gas or diesel and the electrical grid is non-functional? These people think real life is like some Mad Max movie.

In an end of the world as we know it scenario, if anyone survives, it will be the people who have knowledge and skills to try to grow food, to know which plants are edible and medicinal, who are adept at fashioning things into something else, those who are accustomed living simply, and those who work with others for the common good, not the people who hoarded and have an every man for himself attitude.

[Edited on 6-3-2023 by surabi]

Key prepper supplies:
Ammunition
Liquor
Library of how-to books.

If rioting breaks out at the end of days, i will drive around town and loot the gun shops, liquor stores and libraries!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2023 at 05:42 PM

👍👍👍
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 09:02 AM

This is where this discussion belongs:

S,

Read the words GFE. The possible human addition to 15000MM of sea level rise is at most 200MM over the last 100 years.

It turns out that “The terrible Climate Change Induced Wildfires” in Australia actually cooled the ocean, extended the La Niñia and caused massive rain falls in both Australia and the US. One must wonder if the wildfires in Canada will do the same? One also must wonder if the living things on the earth have more experience and a far longer view on dealing with change than do those who you support.

Also again, our differences are over my belief that the actions suggested by those who you support can’t address the root source of the problem. The current sorry state of SFO as an example of that.

That not whether the climate is changing is the issue GFE.

If that really is “your picture” you have in fact achieved your stated goal.

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 09:53 AM

GFE? What do you think that means? It's a term used by female sex workers to indicate they are willing to act as if they are a girlfriend to a john.
WTF is wrong with you?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 09:56 AM

This has been the coolest and wettest June in San Diego I can remember, living here for 65 years!
It was raining this morning!! It never rained after May 1... until November or December, except for a freak tropical storm coming up from Baja!
Global Cooling, I tell you all! LOL

Seriously, it is just unusual (for us) weather, not climate change (which happens over hundreds to thousands of years). Who's to say that the past 64 years was the 'odd' weather and that this cool and wet May & June in the norm? We need to see hundreds of years weather reports to really know what in 'normal' or not. Since we have been scientifically monitoring weather for not much over 125 years and measuring seal level with satellites for maybe 30-40 years, there is just not much data on what is 'normal' weather.

I can tell you this, warmer weather is a lot better for humans than colder! Crop and food production, health and happiness, and with those you have more thinking time to be creative!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 10:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

I can tell you this, warmer weather is a lot better for humans than colder! Crop and food production, health and happiness, and with those you have more thinking time to be creative!

Your idiotic statements just keep coming.
No, 110 degree + heat, which is being experienced in lots of places, is not "better for humans", it results in the opposite of health and happiness- people die or end up in the hospital at those extreme temps. I suggest you ask the people who are experiencing 107+ degree relentless heat in many places all over the world right now if it's leading to "health and happiness and "more time to think".

Or are you under the impression that everyone on the planet has a nice air-conditioned house to hang out in, and an air-conditioned car to drive around? Maybe it's just fine with you that those who don't have those things suffer?

Nor do crops grow properly at those temps and with drought conditions that are so prevalent now.

I doubt that "more thinking time" would ever result in you coming up with anything but more blind, absurd nonsense.

[Edited on 6-15-2023 by surabi]

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 10:17 AM

S,

Leave it to you to bring sex into the discussion. “GFE” in the pre wireless days meant after hoisting an important message fire a gun for emphasis. Like an exclamation mark after a sentence which you don’t like.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 10:36 AM

Oh yeah, well your definition of that acronym isn't mentioned in any definitions I could find.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 10:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
This has been the coolest and wettest June in San Diego I can remember, living here for 65 years!
It was raining this morning!! It never rained after May 1... until November or December, except for a freak tropical storm coming up from Baja!
Global Cooling, I tell you all! LOL

Seriously, it is just unusual (for us) weather, not climate change (which happens over hundreds to thousands of years). Who's to say that the past 64 years was the 'odd' weather and that this cool and wet May & June in the norm? We need to see hundreds of years weather reports to really know what in 'normal' or not. Since we have been scientifically monitoring weather for not much over 125 years and measuring seal level with satellites for maybe 30-40 years, there is just not much data on what is 'normal' weather.

Dk:
Your are myopic. Your experience of local conditions in San Diego north county is not representative of the conditions experienced elsewhere in the world.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 10:44 AM

S,

Leave it to you to bring sex into the discussion. “GFE” in the pre wireless days meant after hoisting an important message fire a gun for emphasis. Like an exclamation mark after a sentence which you don’t like.

Clarkles:
Now you are making stuff up to backpedal on your crude, misogynistic faux pas.

Woke!

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 11:23 AM

GFE? What do you think that means? It's a term used by female sex workers to indicate they are willing to act as if they are a girlfriend to a john.
WTF is wrong with you?

It meant Good Faith Estimate to me.

But leave it to you to head straight for the gutter. I'm now wondering how you knew that interpretation. :O

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 11:36 AM

Speaking of the Canadian wild fires, of course all the Climate Crisis exaggerators latched onto that to campaign for more funds and power to be given to them.

But they totally ignored the fact that Canada, just like California, has been woefully neglect in controlled burns. Nor did they tell you that the Co2 emissions from the fires have likely wiped out all of the reduction gains they have made in the last 10 years.

Mother Nature is more powerful than Government. :light:

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 12:18 PM

You all should read more.

“The Aubrey-Maturin series consists of 20 books written by pseudo-Irish author Patrick O'Brian (born Richard Patrick Russ). The series takes place during The Napoleonic Wars.”

Jack Aubrey uses the phrase Fire a Gun (for emphasis) often.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 02:57 PM

You all should read more.

“The Aubrey-Maturin series consists of 20 books written by pseudo-Irish author Patrick O'Brian (born Richard Patrick Russ). The series takes place during The Napoleonic Wars.”

Jack Aubrey uses the phrase Fire a Gun (for emphasis) often.

And your point is? "Fire a Gun doesn't translate to the acronym GFE.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 03:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
WTF is wrong with you?

It meant Good Faith Estimate to me.

But leave it to you to head straight for the gutter. I'm now wondering how you knew that interpretation. :O

I had never heard that acronym before and there's no need to "wonder" how I knew that interpretation nor make stupid inferences- Google it- it's the interpretation that comes up first and by far the most.

Pages:  1  ..  56    58    60  ..  111

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.