Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  87    89    91  ..  114
Author: Subject: The palm tree is going two feet under water
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-9-2023 at 08:25 AM

Nomad grandparents may not be able to buy toys for grandkids for xmas due to climate change!

Panama Canal drought hits new crisis level with nearly half of vessel traffic targeted for cuts
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/03/panama-canal-drought-hits-ne...

Drought in panama leading to insufficient surface water flows to operate locks.

The Panama Canal Authority is starting new cuts in vessel traffic which will reach over a 40% reduction of vessels by February due to an ongoing drought.

Forty percent of all U.S. container traffic travels through the Panama Canal’s locks every year and a total $270 billion in trade.

The Panama Canal is so congested that one ship owner just paid a record $4 million to skip to the front of the line
https://fortune.com/2023/11/08/panama-canal-congestion-recor...

Booking slots will be cut to 25 per day starting Nov. 3 from an already reduced 31 per day, the Panama Canal Authority (ACP) said in a client advisory, and will be gradually reduced further over the next three months to 18 slots from Feb. 1.

In recent months, the ACP has imposed various passage restrictions to conserve scarce water, including cutting vessel draft and daily passage authorizations.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 11-9-2023 at 11:13 PM

Goat,

The toys are still made in the Far East unless you are planning on giving a bomb dropping quad copter or a suicide drone to your Grandkids. Those would generally come from the Atlantic side of the canal.

Read Hansen’s recent paper on clean clear air causing fewer clouds and higher temperatures. Those sulfur aerosols from your gas stove and more have been making it rain and reducing temperatures all along.

Who knew?

[Edited on 11-10-2023 by RFClark]
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2023 at 08:18 AM

Iceland declares state of emergency over volcanic eruption threat

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/10/iceland-declar...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2023 at 08:26 AM

Humanity just lived through the hottest 12 months in at least 125,000 years

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2023 at 09:37 AM

CO2 is good for the earth.
CO2 is not a toxin or a poison.
You could double the current amount of CO2 and have virtually no impact on climate
Plant and animal life worldwide benefit from the presence of increasing CO2 levels
Greta Thunbergs great grandfather was a scientist who theorized that increasing CO2 levels would benefit Sweden which has been proven accurate

https://youtu.be/CA1zUW4uOSw?si=hdFgtF1JzfI3tOcm
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2023 at 09:47 AM

Goat,

Clean air allows in more energy when the sun shines and supports fewer clouds. Without any action the cleaner the air the higher the temperatures will go.

No good deed goes unpunished!
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2023 at 06:07 PM

Still can't refute any specifics from the information presented in the lecture. Typical
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2023 at 07:07 PM
I am the Great Cloud! You are responsible for climate change!

IMG_3394.jpeg - 166kB
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2023 at 07:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lewmt  
Still can't refute any specifics from the information presented in the lecture.

Well, you see that's the difference between people like you and people like me. I am well aware that I'm not a climate scientist, and unqualified to "refute any specifics" in a knowledgeable and comprehensive way, armed with mountains of scientific data. So I pay attention to the people who are qualified, look up who they are funded by to determine if they have any conflicts of interest, and so on. And when like 95% of climate scientists, whose field of expertise that is concur on something, I'm going to listen to them, not the handful who deny the research, when they don't even have the qualifications to be commenting.
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2023 at 07:52 PM

Within your snark is a full admission to being a yes-nodding bobblehead.
I always hope that presenting alternative information will result in good contrary information which subsequently requires thought and consideration. You offer neither...nor does Goat. Ever.

Working with scientists in a remote location who specifically focus on marine impacts of climate change offers many interesting angles for contemplation. Obviously not happening here in this forum.

My main point in linking the lecture is that CO2 isn't the negative boogey-substance portrayed by our government masters. Most of the scientists I meet here willingly admit to that. Even though we are currently experiencing a substantial El Nino and concurring bleaching event. This event is quite similar to many before and will subside when it subsides as previous El Nino's have. The reef recovers here because it is remote, pristine, and unemcumbered by other pollutants and human activities. It has nothing to do with CO2 levels. There's no overharvesting of the fishery, there's no agricultral runoff, no large scale wastewater runoff, and no factory runoff. There are numerous point-sources of pollution. There are many detrimental things humans do to "soil" the environment they live in. CO2 just isn't a pollutant... it's a beneficial nutrient to all plant and animal life. Like oxygen and water.

[Edited on 11-12-2023 by lewmt]

[Edited on 11-12-2023 by lewmt]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2023 at 08:12 PM

CO2 just isn't a pollutant... it's a beneficial nutrient to all plant and animal life. Like oxygen and water.

Youre confused.
Drink too much water, you will die, hypnoatremia.
You cant swim, you will drown.
Too much water, the ocean will rise and flood your community.
Too much O2, you will die (hyperoxia or explosion).
Too much CO2, you will die, asphyxiation.
Too much co2, the climate will change and ruin your community.

[Edited on 11-12-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2023 at 09:13 PM

CO2 just isn't a pollutant... it's a beneficial nutrient to all plant and animal life.

Duh, I think everyone is well aware that CO2 is a necessary element for plant life. And there is more than enough CO2 on this planet for plants to grow. No one is advocating ridding the planet of CO2, that's idiotic.
Anything can be a pollutant when there's too much of it.

I love how you climate change deniers think you have to explain the most basic concepts, as if non-climate change deniers are 3 years old and aren't aware that plants breathe CO2.

[Edited on 11-12-2023 by surabi]

[Edited on 11-12-2023 by surabi]
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2023 at 07:15 AM

The “3 year olds” are usually the ones in the car shouting “are we there yet” repeatedly, so!

The reason that “we’re not there yet” is because we’re not even going in the right direction yet. In fact even some of the climate change experts are now saying that what is being done might actually be speeding up climate change.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2023 at 11:17 PM

S,

Thanks for telling me what I meant to write.

But no I actually meant what I wrote. Usually but not always our brains develop into the early part of our second decade, with males generally taking the longer time.

“Prospective memory is an essential ability to meet everyday life challenges across the lifespan, constitutes a key element of developing autonomy and independence, and is especially important in old age with its increasing health-related prospective memory demands. Therefore, understanding mechanisms underlying prospective memory in old age has become a major effort in applied developmental research (e.g., Kliegel, Rendell, & Altgassen, 2008; McDaniel & Einstein, 2007).”
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2023 at 10:39 AM

The definition of "prospective memory" has nothing to do with "developing perspective". The word "prospective" is an adjective, describing something, not a noun. And prospective memory has nothing to do with a 3 year old being shortsided and self-centered.
Nice try.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2023 at 01:03 PM

Fine Dr. S,

You argue with the brain development folks!
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 11-13-2023 at 02:29 PM

OMG if I ever want a little silly entertainment I just come to this particular chat to get in a giggle or two. 90 pages of blah blah blah over photos with absolutely no connection to climate change or global warming. Perhaps the ebbing and flowing tides, but certainly not rising water (I'll keep my opinion on that topic to myself).
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-13-2023 at 05:23 PM

I am sure you have noticed that there are volcanos giving people trouble all around the world right now. That has to be our fault somehow!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2023 at 05:43 AM

What Climate Change Is Doing to Our Sex Lives
How will our hotter world affect our intimacy?
https://newrepublic.com/article/173629/climate-changing-ever...

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2023 at 08:35 AM
Other work by the same author!

IMG_4709.jpeg - 135kB
 Pages:  1  ..  87    89    91  ..  114

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.