Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  90    92    94  ..  112
Author: Subject: The palm tree is going two feet under water
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 11-17-2023 at 01:45 PM

BajaM,

The only point I’m trying to make is what the Climate Scolds want to do isn’t the right thing and even if it was it’s not enough to do more than “rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic”.

Read what a top climate scientist thinks.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/11/former-head-of-nasas...
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-17-2023 at 03:42 PM
Maybe Rumsfeld was talking about the climate twenty years ago

www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=CFBfVtzW&a...

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2023 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
BajaM,

The only point I’m trying to make is what the Climate Scolds want to do isn’t the right thing...

The instant you find it necessary to demean those you don't agree with by attaching names to them like Climate Scolds, 3 year olds, or profess to know everything that an individual believes, and call it dogma, you lose all credibility.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2023 at 08:25 PM

There's a difference between being snarky to an individual you think is posting stupid things and making up terms for an entire demographic of people intended to demean and dismiss their point of view.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2023 at 10:34 PM

I reviewed what I posted. I still don't see anyone’s name attached to it.

Anyone who personally takes exception, especially those who maliciously label others who don’t agree with there dogma, climate or otherwise, with specific personalized pejoratives. All I can say is if you think it applies to you personally. You would know that better than anyone else.

Much as I would enjoy taking credit tor the term “climate scold” I can’t. It’s been in common usage for years.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/11/08/like-father-like-son-ec...

[Edited on 11-18-2023 by RFClark]

[Edited on 11-18-2023 by RFClark]
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2023 at 09:54 AM

Anyone who personally takes exception, especially those who maliciously label others who don’t agree with there dogma, climate or otherwise, with specific personalized pejoratives. All I can say is if you think it applies to you personally. You would know that better than anyone else.

Much as I would enjoy taking credit tor the term “climate scold” I can’t. It’s been in common usage for years.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. You missed my point entirely, which is that labelling a whole demographic of people with some derogatory term designed to dismiss their point of view is what those who can't make their points on their own merits do.
It has nothing to do with "taking it personally" nor whether you made up the term yourself or not.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-18-2023 at 10:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

You need to work on your reading comprehension. You missed my point entirely, which is that labelling a whole demographic of people with some derogatory term designed to dismiss their point of view is what those who can't make their points on their own merits do.
It has nothing to do with "taking it personally" nor whether you made up the term yourself or not.

You guys should spend less time peeing on each other and more time discussing the threatened palm trees of baja!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2023 at 02:54 PM

So Goat,

Do you want to comment on my climate change answers as you requested or do you want to just sling shade as others do?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2023 at 04:08 PM

So Goat,

Do you want to comment on my climate change answers as you requested or do you want to just sling shade as others do?

My comment: you post nonsense from incompetent and/or partisan hacks.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2023 at 06:22 PM

Goat,

So you turned on Hansen too cause he went against your dogma. Probably haven't read the paper quoted either. “Blah blah my eyes and ears are covered, I can’t hear you!” You just keep on shuffling those deckchairs and slinging that shade.

BTW is there much OSB incorporated in your pad?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2023 at 06:59 PM

Goat,

So you turned on Hansen too cause he went against your dogma. Probably haven't read the paper quoted either. “Blah blah my eyes and ears are covered, I can’t hear you!” You just keep on shuffling those deckchairs and slinging that shade.

BTW is there much OSB incorporated in your pad?

How can i turn on someone when i dont even know of that person? Who is hansen? And what paper quote? You still talking about water content in the mantle?

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2023 at 08:40 PM

Above is the other topic I posted the other day and you didn’t see. It ties in with the deep water paper.

Water is the primary solvent (carrier) for most of the compounds that regulate energy transmission into and out of the atmosphere as well as a regulator in and of itself. Finding that there is 4X the amount of water allowed for in the models is a relatively big thing.

Hansen was the head of NASA’s climate group. The quote below has most Green’s undies in knots for obvious reasons.

“Are aerosols driving the current surge of warming?

For several years, Hansen and Simons have proposed that the recent and ongoing surge in a wide range of global climate indicators—not just average global temperatures—may be driven in large part by a sharp reduction in tiny sulfuric particles produced by burning shipping fuels and other fossil fuels, and by other industrial processes.

Those aerosol particles, spewed into the atmosphere in massive quantities since the start of the industrial revolution, often make clouds brighter and more persistent, so they reflect more of the sun’s incoming heat energy back to space. While carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases have been warming the planet since at least 1850, other byproducts of burning fossil fuels were cooling the planet at the same time, although the effects of aerosols only last for a fraction of the time that the heat-trapping gases persist in the atmosphere.”
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2023 at 11:15 PM

Above is the other topic I posted the other day and you didn’t see. It ties in with the deep water paper.

Water is the primary solvent (carrier) for most of the compounds that regulate energy transmission into and out of the atmosphere as well as a regulator in and of itself. Finding that there is 4X the amount of water allowed for in the models is a relatively big thing.

Hansen was the head of NASA’s climate group. The quote below has most Green’s undies in knots for obvious reasons.

“Are aerosols driving the current surge of warming?

For several years, Hansen and Simons have proposed that the recent and ongoing surge in a wide range of global climate indicators—not just average global temperatures—may be driven in large part by a sharp reduction in tiny sulfuric particles produced by burning shipping fuels and other fossil fuels, and by other industrial processes.

Those aerosol particles, spewed into the atmosphere in massive quantities since the start of the industrial revolution, often make clouds brighter and more persistent, so they reflect more of the sun’s incoming heat energy back to space. While carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases have been warming the planet since at least 1850, other byproducts of burning fossil fuels were cooling the planet at the same time, although the effects of aerosols only last for a fraction of the time that the heat-trapping gases persist in the atmosphere.”

So your solution is more SO2 emissions? (More acid rain?)

You are a funny little man, clarkles!

Hansen! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I liked the hansen brothers in Slapshot. They were based on the carlson bros

[Edited on 11-19-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2023 at 04:04 AM

Goat,

No! A solution, not mine, is to replace the Sulphur with aluminum oxide. Also a paper I posted that you didn’t read. Of course there will still be lots of sulphur from natural sources like volcanos from time to time.

Acid rain in NA didn’t come from the US primarily. It came from Sudbury Ontario courtesy of the Canadian Governments. Those government agencies controlled the largest acid rain producer in NA (and the world) for decades before attempting to solve some of the problems. You probably didn’t read that either.

“ Sudbury’s pollution even sullied relations between the U.S. and Canada, as acid rain emerged as a significant environmental issue. “I traveled to Washington, New York City, and a couple of other places in the United States and tried to persuade them to cut their emissions. And when I would go down to lecture them on their problems, the first word that would come out was Inco,” says Jim Bradley, who was Ontario’s environmental minister at the time and grew up in Sudbury. “Inco was the largest single emitter of sulfur dioxide in North America at the time.”

I suppose all that reading would take away from your time to scold and scoff. But that’s who you are!

[Edited on 11-19-2023 by RFClark]

[Edited on 11-19-2023 by RFClark]
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2023 at 11:16 AM
It's time to limit how often we can travel abroad – 'carbon passports' may be the answer

“The average annual carbon footprint for a person in the US is 16 tons – one of the highest rates in the world. In the UK this figure sits at 11.7 tons, still more than five times the figure recommended by the Paris Agreement to keep global temperature rise below 1.5 Celsius (2.7 Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels.

Globally, the average annual carbon footprint of a person is closer to 4 tons. But, to have the best chance of preventing temperature rise from overshooting 2 Celsius, the average global carbon footprint needs to drop to under two tons by 2050. This figure equates to around two roundtrip flights between London and New York.”

https://www.kake.com/story/50100379/its-time-to-limit-how-of...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2023 at 05:24 PM

“The average annual carbon footprint for a person in the US is 16 tons – one of the highest rates in the world. In the UK this figure sits at 11.7 tons, still more than five times the figure recommended by the Paris Agreement to keep global temperature rise below 1.5 Celsius (2.7 Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels.

Globally, the average annual carbon footprint of a person is closer to 4 tons. But, to have the best chance of preventing temperature rise from overshooting 2 Celsius, the average global carbon footprint needs to drop to under two tons by 2050. This figure equates to around two roundtrip flights between London and New York.”

https://www.kake.com/story/50100379/its-time-to-limit-how-of...

Relevance to baja… Are you saying that nomads should trade in their jeeps for mountain bikes?
Trade in their motor bikes for surfboards?
Do shore fishing in lieu of offshore fishing?
Take the bus in lieu of Volaris flights?
Use a prius iinstead of a 3/4 ton PU for trips to the grocery store?

Wonder when the nattering nabobs will chime in with their pledge to do nothing until john kerry becomes a monk and takes a vow of poverty? :lol:

Think global, act local!

[Edited on 11-28-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2023 at 11:16 PM

Goat,

I think the message here is if these folks get their way and you get 2T of carbon before regressive taxes, sanctions or both. You won’t visit Baja often outside of your dreams. Left unsaid is the market in selling carbon credits that will develop and those who are connected will profit from.

The rich and politically connected will live as they always have. The poor will get subsidies (which, like food stamps they will sell) as they often have and you will pay for it as you always have.

The planet will continue to get warmer as it has since the end of the last ice age. The seas will continue to rise as they have since the end of the last ice age. Not much else will change unless we start actively managing the weather.

I’ll “chime in” I have EVs to drive to Baja and the store! What’s in your garage? I know how to generate electricity. Do you know how to make gasoline?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2023 at 08:26 AM

Clarkles:

What’s in your garage?

Lots of stuff, but no automobiles. We park in the driveway!

I know how to generate electricity.

I actually generate electricity. On net metering. On an annual basis, i am a net producer.

Do you know how to make gasoline?

Yes.

[Edited on 11-28-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2023 at 09:05 AM

The planet will continue to get warmer as it has since the end of the last ice age. The seas will continue to rise as they have since the end of the last ice age. Not much else will change...

Except the ability of humans and animals to survive.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2023 at 10:30 AM
Living the 2 tons/year of Carbon Life

We could just clean up (as pictured) Or we could clean up and manage the weather! See the next picture!

IMG_4809.jpeg - 117kB

[Edited on 11-29-2023 by RFClark]
 Pages:  1  ..  90    92    94  ..  112

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.