Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bird laws......
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 10:58 PM
Bird laws......

Does anyone know, or can you point me in the direction of a web-site that spells out the laws for taking birds to Mexico?

Eli? I saw several at Don Jimmy's, maybe you can help? Thanks
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 01:04 AM

Birds and Reptiles: Coming into Mexico might not be a problem, but taking birds and reptiles into the U.S. will be. The animals will be confiscated if you do not have the proper paperwork, an expensive and time-consuming process. (Contact the Mexican Consulate in San Diego at 619-231-8414 for details.) Unless you are moving to Mexico permanently, get a bird nanny.

http://www.mexonline.com/mexpets.htm

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 07:15 AM
pets

reading the article i noticed it said to bring plenty of pet food ? humm ours was confiscated at the border by customs and i was asked for paperwork on the dog. when i asked why no dog food i was shown the book that clearly states pet food is not allowed and that i could be fined. maybe thats why all the dogs down here are so skinny ?
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 07:25 AM

Sveral friends have had pet food confiscated by customs coming into Mexico. It's a rule they enforce quite regularly.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 07:48 AM

I believe that birds returning to the US with proper paper work will be quarantined for fifteen days and many do not survive.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

greybaby
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 10:20 AM

Have my parrot here in Mexico because we live here and it's a major hassle. We have a pet passport through the U.S. Fish & Game (CITES) and she has to have an inspection by them and by the USDA to return to the U.S. Lots of paperwork. We leave her here when we travel into the U.S. because it's not worth it at the border. If you want more specific info, I can get it to you.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 11:23 AM
Thanks everyone.....

maybe I should claifiy....I'm not planning on returning with the bird, what I need to know is the laws taking our baby into Mexico....when we come back for visits we will do as advised and get a "bird nanny" :biggrin:

"Greybaby" yes please give me all the advice you can, I want to be legal, it would break our hearts if we screw up and he is taken away at the border. Thanks

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.