Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Depositing US check to Mexican bank
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2021 at 08:58 AM

hey that reminds me today is the 1st, rent day. time to write that check to the campo owner, thats the way HE wants it!:coolup:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-1-2021 at 09:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
Seems Bob was correct...I was curious so I asked my 27 year old daughter and her friends...they never write checks..debit card, credit card and cash. No checks...they use direct deposit for paychecks,and auto pay for their bills....seems checks are for dinosaurs.....

sort of true. typical consumer purchases and repetitive bills can be handled with CC, e-pay and cash.
but in business i still write checks for many vendors, especially for one-off purchases.
i also write checks for contractors at home, i write checks for property taxes, i write checks for vehicle purchases, etc. Contractors and many vendors do not want to be paid by CC, since CC companys take a cut of transaction.
in one of our businesses, we offer two prices, one for cash/check, one price for CC. many people appreciate paying 2% less if paying via check.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 9-1-2021 at 09:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
Seems Bob was correct...I was curious so I asked my 27 year old daughter and her friends...they never write checks..debit card, credit card and cash. No checks...they use direct deposit for paychecks,and auto pay for their bills....seems checks are for dinosaurs.....

sort of true. typical consumer purchases and repetitive bills can be handled with CC, e-pay and cash.
but in business i still write checks for many vendors, especially for one-off purchases.
i also write checks for contractors at home, i write checks for property taxes, i write checks for vehicle purchases, etc. Contractors and many vendors do not want to be paid by CC, since CC companys take a cut of transaction.
in one of our businesses, we offer two prices, one for cash/check, one price for CC. many people appreciate paying 2% less if paying via check.

Grandma's gotta have something to put in that Birthday card!:D

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2021 at 03:41 PM

health detective ...open a citibank usa account as it is affilated with banamex in SR. Transfers under 5k usa will be easy. As many as you want. Over that amount, red flags go to sat. And as you know world remit is another option.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2021 at 04:20 PM

I am pretty sure you need a bank account.
Meanwhile write checks.
You will being business with a mexican business or even a person. Just write them a check. The fastest it will be posted is the next day. Sometimes the person or business you write a check to will take longer.
I sold a car to a loacal here in Mexico and got a check on a US bank and I posted it online and it cleared the next day.
Of course you can bring US currency for less than 10k and deposit it in your new bank to either a Peso or dollar account.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2021 at 05:02 AM

I tried to deposit $1000 check in to my Bancomer account last week and they wouldn't except it. The NEW max is $500 for one US check but they'll take as many checks as you want to deposit. :?:

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2021 at 07:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
i hate to tell you guys this but NO ONE uses checks anymore...

its all credit debit or bank transfer $$$

Somehow i don't think you "hate" telling that at all. Maybe even like it.😁
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2021 at 07:15 AM

I was told yesterday at bancomer that i could deposit my $1000USD
Check...for a $100fee and a 45 day wait!
$500usd is now the maximum w/o fees. About 10days to access the funds.
healthdetective
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2021 at 06:53 PM

WOW. Thank you all for your input. I will definitely need to be creative in getting my money into Mexico

The average man does not want to be free. He simply wants to be safe. Mencken
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.