BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What Made You Relocate to Baja?
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 02:40 PM
What Made You Relocate to Baja?

New thread where we can share our reasons for relocating.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 03:12 PM

Warm weather, fishing, and landscape photography.

What keeps me there? The locals in my village. They're the sort of people you search for all your life and find them where you didn't expect to.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 03:21 PM

First the weather, then the people, then the economics for me, and I really have to stress as well, the people are what keep bringing me back. Uniquely hospitable, resilient and admirable in their quality of enjoying life.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 04:01 PM

24/7 fun
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 04:17 PM

insanely low cost of living:coolup:

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 04:18 PM

Baja...i think this has been mentioned elsewhere seems to tolerate activities that would quickly be shut down in other locales. Laws are suggestions, not strict limitations. Will this last as more and more expats bring their rules and behavioral expectations with them? I hope so.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 04:50 PM

Our actions are nil compared what the Mexicans do . If you lived here you would know that . The burning of trash and throw trash out the window. Is not a gringo thing just the facts
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 06:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Our actions are nil compared what the Mexicans do . If you lived here you would know that . The burning of trash and throw trash out the window. Is not a gringo thing just the facts

Did note lots of trash on streets in other residential areas of Mexico, so we quietly began picking it up and bagging it around our residence. Didn't tho see anyone burning trash in streets, altho a few elderly people gathered wood for cooking on open fires. Within a week the locals were kicking in doing the same.
Best way we found of being accepted in a new locale.

Did not notice that in La Paz, another reason we fell in love with it, there's something special there.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 06:55 PM

Other things we noticed in Mexico: People leaving out water and food for the neighbourhood dogs, dogs running wild up and down the beach all day, having a great time, returning to their homes at night to guard. Here we see dogs kept in homes all day, walked once or twice on leashes.
People playing music and dancing on the street in front of their homes with family til late in the evening.
When you asked for directions or help, we never once had a Mexican turn their backs on us and walk the other way.
If we mispronunced a word in Mexico, they coached us patiently, gave up and we all laughed.

It's been a whole lot of years since we remember the respect here we found so common there

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 07:04 PM

Being able to drive on the beach:o:o

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 09:16 PM

Yes driving on beach 😂 wonderful great feeling.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-29-2021 at 07:25 AM

I don't think I want to live full time in BCS, but when I finally get my hubby to retire our spring and falls will be spent fishing, snorkeling, paddle boarding and spending time with the good people in our off the grid community. Also a lot of over-landing and camping!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2021 at 09:17 AM

So many thing made us fall in love with our tiny village of La Bocana. Our homes have been a big part of the fun, the 180 degree views of the Pacific take your breath away. The community is so close knit and accepting of foreigners. Les used to fish, fish, fish some more (now he prefers to go to the store and buy fish). Eventually, once I began to teach English, I got so close to the adults whom I taught first, and then the kids once I went into to high and middle school. Now, after 15 years, we are moving on! (Fodder for another thread).

Mexico will be in our hearts forever.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 8-29-2021 at 02:11 PM

Why Baja California?

We’ve been south of San Felipe for over 30 years! A house overlooking a mostly empty beach that’s not fog bound is great! 6 hours south is also great. Close enough to run north to get stuff! We brought most of the house down in our 4X4!

The Todos Santos are is even better! Like SoCal in the ‘50s with generally nice people and it’s green!
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 8-29-2021 at 02:40 PM

cheap beer and an insanely inexpensive price for almost 2 acres on the pacific ocean back in the 90's

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.