Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ABREOJOS - OCEAN-FRONT lot for sale $30K
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 07:26 AM
ABREOJOS - OCEAN-FRONT lot for sale $30K

I would have bought and be living in Abreojos years ago if they were even somewhat friendly to spearfishermen. Years ago things were fine, but once they "unionized", that was the end of that. Too bad, loved diving those reefs.
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 08:19 AM

Abreojos is one of a group of co-op towns (established in 1948, by the way) along that part of the coast; they make most of their money from lobster and, until recently, abalone. As such, they are very protective of their fisheries and strictly prohibit diving and spearfishing. The fishing from the beach or boats, however, is often outstanding!

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by David Nuevo]
DBS

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 12:45 PM

Pm sent
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 01:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
I would have bought and be living in Abreojos years ago if they were even somewhat friendly to spearfishermen. Years ago things were fine, but once they "unionized", that was the end of that. Too bad, loved diving those reefs.

Thousand miles of water and u whine about Abreojos. Amazing.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 06:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Abreojos is pretty special, yea, I'm bummed. How freedivers are singled out as a problem is ridiculous. They didn't care at all in the '80's and 90's. Everybody got along. Same thing with all the islands up and down the coast from Loreto, no spearfishing. However, every Tom, Dick and Harry with a boat and a rod & reel is welcome. Again, ridiculous.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Abreojos is pretty special, yea, I'm bummed. How freedivers are singled out as a problem is ridiculous. They didn't care at all in the '80's and 90's. Everybody got along. Same thing with all the islands up and down the coast from Loreto, no spearfishing. However, every Tom, Dick and Harry with a boat and a rod & reel is welcome. Again, ridiculous.

I doubt the local coops have real legal authority to regulate diving or sport fishing…
Sometimes the coops overreach their authority,… but you may not win an argument with locals.

Do the ejidos or local municipalities (and their coops) control recreational use of open ocean? I suspect not. They might have some rights over fisheries/quotas, but I doubt they have authority to regulate recreational use of water, recreational fishing. That is fed jurisdiction, me thinks.

I thought there was a nomad posting here about opening a dive shop in Abreojos or Asunción? Whatever happened to that biz venture? Anybody doing recreational diving on that coastline?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2021 at 05:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

I was in the commercial diving program at Santa Barbara City College back in the late 70's

Ah yes, down in the canyon, back in the day, when Radons and Wilsons were being built locally and urchin divers were cleaning up and everyone had a story about the one time at San Miguel Island the wind came up and oh chi, but they made it.

Best City College College campus in the country and the best City College football stadium in the country too, La Playa. The Botany and Geology field trips were epic adventures too. Oh and the HRM program serving good cafeteria food too. I loved that place back then.

Yup. another hijack, oops.

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-18-2021 at 11:36 AM

Spearos are welcome here in Bahia Asuncion and Pacific Explorers dive shop can fill tanks here as well for sport diving...no fishing with tanks of course.

Some of our clients did spearfish in Abreojos last season which surprised me. Maybe the coop allows it if you charter a boat? I dont know who they fished with.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2021 at 06:36 PM

I never took on this project but I should have. Ridiculous not to allow spearfishing.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2022 at 07:42 PM

SOLD!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 11:39 PM

Congratulations!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Commuterfisher
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 05:43 PM

Still for sale. Lots of action this week. 4 potential buyers. Two have realtors that want 6% and to use their notario. Homes in Abreojos are being built and the inventory is drying up. Most of the local building is in La Bocanita north of LA Bocana.

I have 300k into this home so holding on for now. I still go there and love it.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 11:23 PM

Amazing how many new homes are being built inn Bocanita - part of la bocana!

30K for a lot? Oceanfront? someone should JUMP on this offer. What a great deal.

Come visit La Bocana

vgames

[*] posted on 9-14-2023 at 03:41 PM

Is this still available?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2023 at 03:56 PM

I missed the note saying SOLD by David Nuevo

I think it already sold.

We have some lots in Abreojos that Les would LOVE to sell. Email him at bajabocana@gmail.com

Come visit La Bocana

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2023 at 06:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I missed the note saying SOLD by David Nuevo

I think it already sold.

We have some lots in Abreojos that Les would LOVE to sell. Email him at bajabocana@gmail.com

The ocean front properties between the point and town got wiped out in the hurricane surge this year. 5 breaks in the dunes has created what appears to be a permanent estuary where there used to be salt flats. All but 2 houses/trailers are wiped out. One of the 2 houses at the point seems to be permanently flooded.

[Edited on 9-16-2023 by rts551]
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2023 at 12:04 PM

It has been reported that Commuterfisher's property has also been sold, unfortunately to the much-reviled hotel next door that prompted the sale by destroying the nice view and tranquility of the casa. Very disappointing...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.