BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: More Historic Maps added at VivaBaja.com from 1884, 1923, 1928, 1955, 1959
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-7-2021 at 10:42 AM
More Historic Maps added at VivaBaja.com from 1884, 1923, 1928, 1955, 1959

Thanks to 'geoffff' and my web host, additional old maps have been added to www.vivabaja.com so that you can quickly find them and go back in time!

Here is the list. On VivaBaja, they are links:

VIVA BAJA MAPS (Past to Present)
These historic maps are for educational purposes only

Baja California, Mexico 'Zoom-In' Topo & Satellite Map (CalTopo)

1747 Padre Fernando Consag 'Zoom-In' Map

1757 Jesuit Mission 'Zoom-In' Map

1768 Baja and Mexico 'Zoom-In' Map

1823 Baja & Alta California 'Zoom-In' Map

1884 Baja California 'Zoom-In' Map:

1904 Postal Route 'Zoom-in' Map

1905-1906 E.W. Nelson Expedition 'Zoom-In' Map (printed in 1919)

1918 Goldbaum Baja Norte 'Zoom-In' Map (printed in 1925)

1922 Baja California 'Zoom-In' Map

1923 & 1928 Baja California Geographical Maps

1930 Baja California 'Zoom-In' Map

1934 Auto Club 'Zoom-In' Map

1955 Auto Club 'Zoom-In' Map:

1959 Auto Club 'Zoom-In' Map:

1962 Baja road maps by Howard Gulick (thanks to Doug Eernisse)

1962 Auto Club Map of Baja California

1969 Auto Club Map of Northern Baja California

1969 Auto Club Map of Central and Southern Baja California

1971 Reconnaissance Geologic Map of Baja Norte (*3 parts):

*Northern Baja Norte

*Central Baja Norte

*Southern Baja Norte

1975 Baja California Guidebook Map

1975 Airports of Baja California Map

Mexican Topographic Maps from INEGI
(choose scale, area, and click PDF or GeoPDF where available)

Exciting New El Camino Real Website and Google Earth Map

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-8-2021 at 10:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lance S.  
Really helpful to have them all in one place for quick reference. Thank You.

That's super you find it useful!

My website www.vivabaja.com was always designed to help people plan their own Baja adventure, by seeing photos, maps, and other Baja travel links.

I created the site in early 2000, on my WebTV unit! It still has that late 90's look... but is easy to use... Just scroll down and click on what you want to see.

I have only changed the wallpaper there a couple times over the 21+ years. I think at first it was a satellite image of the peninsula (when the URL was DavidKsBaja.com). With the change to VivaBaja.com, and me getting a computer, the image was of Gonzaga Bay taken from the trail up the side of the island.

The most recent background is my photo of Playa el Coyote and Bahía Concepción, taken from the old road, way up high, in 2016. This image includes the 'famous' palm tree that has appeared in photos and book covers going back to the 1930s... and the rising sea level still has not gotten any closer to it, LOL!

It's all about fun and Baja history and travel education! :light::cool:;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.