Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Beauty Room ~ our newest hair salon in La Bocana
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 11-16-2021 at 05:30 PM
The Beauty Room ~ our newest hair salon in La Bocana

Some of you might remember that we sponsored Sarahi (Abraham's sister) to go to Beauty School. She finished and just arrived in La Bocana a couple days ago. I asked to be her FIRST customer, in the salon and today was the day.

I had my hair trimmed!

Here she is trimming Emmanuel's hair. To support her, I will pay for all her nephews to get their hair cut. 50 pesos a trim, once a month! Good for the boys and wonderful for Sarahi.

This is Saul getting his hair cut.

I am so proud of Sarahi! She finished her education, worked for 6 months and paid for every brick in her salon. She never asked for a penny. Today, when I went, I gave her a mirror and a small table, 6 plants pots for her mom who has a gorgeous garden to plant plants as decoration.

I have been so busy selling our furniture and selling Les's office equipment (read compressors, pumps and more). If anyone is interested, I have a beautiful antique (is the 50's considered antique?) Lane coffee table that I found listed for $1150 dollars that I am selling at $200. I love this piece - have had it since before I ever met Les.

Big news: I started my clean up La Bocana project called UNA BOCANA LIMPIA more than a decade ago....about a month ago, some La Bocana folks revived it and the movement is even greater than before.

Every other Saturday, a group choses a location and 10 people or so clean up together. I joined them last Saturday. Here is a before and after pic of the area I cleaned up.

Two of the helpers:

Jireth still studies with Sannia. This is from today. She is improving by leaps and bounds.

Yesterday, her brother Emmanuel said he had some homework he did not understand, so he also went to Sannia.

So fun to share my part of the world with you all! Have a great week.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2021 at 05:35 PM

Oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I forgot to mention that I got a message from Pat from San Ignacio that he has ipads to give! I am going to donate each one to Abraham and Tidiana's kids for xmas.

If anyone is headed south and can bring them before Christmas, that would be wonderful! They are in northern California and need to hitch a ride.

What a great Life.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-16-2021 at 05:51 PM

Where in Northern California? I had planned on being somewhere on the peninsula by now, but logistics have been working against me so far.

If I am able to get on the road soon, I might be able to help.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2021 at 07:43 PM

That would be wonderful! Let me see and get back to you,

Come visit La Bocana

boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 10-5-2022 at 08:56 AM

How long are you and Les back for?

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2022 at 09:05 AM

She is doing so well! Her salon is absolutely incredible.

A picture of the lady, herself.

A styling job she did #1

photo host

A styling job she did #2

She also does make up.

She does GREAT Day of the Dead/Halloween make up

I am so happy we sponsored her! What a talent.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.