Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: International movers recemmendation? USA to POLAND
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2021 at 10:50 AM
International movers recemmendation? USA to POLAND

Hi!

We are moving from La Bocana, BCS and need a recommendation on international shipping companies.

We want to send from Long Beach to Gdinia in Poland.

Any help would really be appreciated!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 11-22-2021 at 10:52 AM

I'd buy as much new stuff there as possible.

Clean start.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2021 at 10:56 AM

We are taking our car, personal papers and nothing else but need a container! The new house, thank goodness, is 100% furnished.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2021 at 12:00 PM

Containers used to be $1500 to Antwerp.
Now were talking a whole lot more, like X 10

Es Todo Bueno
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2021 at 09:16 PM

If just your car try Schumacher Logistics in Gardena. We used them to ship our motorcycles to Germany.

La Bocana will miss you.

[Edited on 11-23-2021 by mjs]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2021 at 10:30 PM

Who is going to make me polish sausage when I'm down near La Bocana?
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2021 at 07:00 AM

Wait. What? You're moving? Whaaaa ?????
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2021 at 08:42 AM

Why move to Poland? BCS is a lot nicer. :lol: Well, that's just my opinion.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-23-2021 at 09:10 AM

Have a safe move and stay a Nomad so we can see your new life in Europe. The village will miss you, too. So many young people were helped by your efforts in La Bocana.

What was it that got you guys to come to live in Baja, originally?

It was fun to meet you both!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2021 at 04:29 PM

Blanca, will someone else be managing your motel?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2021 at 07:34 PM

Hi All!

We are shipping our stuff to Poland but our permanent new home will be in Alanya, Turkey. If you have some time to kill, watch a YOUtube video on Alanya. It is one cool place!

We have not sold our house (yet) nor our hotel and our neighbor Nacho will be managing it. He does not speak one word of English but loved the experience of being manager while we were gone.

reservations can be made by calling Les at 615 107-2400

or writing him at bajabocana@gmail.com

and thru bajanomad, ALWAYS via U2U

We have to come back and visit, We lived here for 16 years!

I will still have scholarship students in college, Tidiana, Abraham and the kids will need lots of help until the kids finish high school. I want us to be their guiding light so that they do not lack for basics like shoes, school uniforms, books, clothes. I have one, possibly two students who cannot afford college ($200 a semester) and will need around $150 a month for rent. food. transportation, starting next August. Evelyn was my student in middle school and did not start college this past August due to lack of funds. She has asked me to sponsor her starting next year. Tough call since I thought we were done already taking on new students but how do you say NO?

If you can make it by January, please come. We do not have a lot of free time but I love meeting everyone!

Come visit La Bocana

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-23-2021 at 09:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Hi All!

We are shipping our stuff to Poland but our permanent new home will be in Alanya, Turkey.

Do you speak Turkish? Have you lived in a conservative Islamic country.
I lived in an Islamic country, found it thoroughly fascinating, but really not my cup of tea, not a place I would want to settle…

I have a good friend who lives in turkey, is Turkish (we know each other from when he worked in usa), he is very upset with erdogan’s quasi-dictatorship. That erdogan guy is a real piece of work, and the govt is very authoritarian,… but looks like his time is short, the lira is cratering, the people may be able to overthrow him, but always a fear that the next guy will be even more to the right.

Anyhow, turkey is crazy place — watch out.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2021 at 02:19 AM

It is, but Alanya is a tourist mecca and really does not fit the mold of the rest of Turkey. You see a Scandinavian in a mini bikini walking next to a woman in a full burka. Really interesting.

I am really looking forward to it as is Les. We have family in Poland so summers will be spent there, my son says he wants to live in Germany forever and we will be able to spend more time with all our European friends.

So many have said they will visit, it is going to be so fun. Within minutes of our new apartment there is a museum with artifacts thousands of years old, there is a cable car leading up to a huge park with a restaurant and a medieval castle, there is the most beautiful beach imaginable, not to mention restaurants galore. I AM THERE!

The livingroom view:

Come visit La Bocana

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2021 at 08:39 AM

Sounds really exciting Blanca - everything new to explore. All the best to you and Les.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.