BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 31 Day Caravan - 2 openings for January 8
BajaWinters

[*] posted on 12-9-2021 at 02:16 PM
31 Day Caravan - 2 openings for January 8

We have a couple slots left for our 31 day RV caravan that leaves on January 8th. Tecate to Los Barriles to stay 10 days then return up 5.

You can view the details here :
https://bajawinters.com/trip3/

Feel free to email with any questions. Travel@BajaWinters.com

Don and Tammy
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2021 at 02:39 PM

No mames,

$2400 para que?
BajaWinters

[*] posted on 12-9-2021 at 06:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  
No mames,

$2400 para que?

You should run a caravan business, You'll make millions! Or cover your gas maybe :-)

But since you asked...
3,000+ km of fuel to show you around, +wear and tear on my truck and trailer.
Camping fees for a month for you and for me to show you around
I might need to eat once in a while while showing you around Baja
Lots of Margaritas after having to deal with sassy Nomads
Hauling your destroyed tire into town to get it fixed so you don't die on the side of the road.
Showing you how to get across the border and back, FMMs, TIPs etc.
Helping you pass that 30 kmh dump truck without dying
Showing you how to get water that you can drink, and water to clean with
Taking you to the Taco stands that likely won't give you a week of the puking mega chits.
etc etc. For some people that weren't born knowing everything it works out well.

You should be a guide my friend.. you will be so rich lol. Just kidding, actually nobody gets rich doing this.
BajaWinters

[*] posted on 12-9-2021 at 07:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaWinters  
Lots of Margaritas after having to deal with sassy Nomads

Probably the hardest part of the job; I've considered guiding tours and decided babysitting isn't my cup of tea.

How many vehicles are going to be involved in this thing?

5 or 6 plus me an the sassy woman. It's getting hard in Baja to run big tours. Plus too many people takes away from the experience. 8 is our max.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2021 at 09:10 PM
Guided tour

We are not in the market for this sort of Baja experience - no RV suitable, but

This is the nicest layout for a trip I've seen! Plenty of rest days, I'd say it's really well-thought-out either for the Baja novice or experienced RV'r in Baja.

I don't believe the price is high, I'd say it's pretty much on point, showing as you say, it ain't gonna make you a rich man!

Good luck, happy traveling.

John M
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2021 at 09:23 PM

Bajawinters, my hats off to you, no thanks even at that reasonable price. I've taken a few moto groups and that was enough for me. You find out real fast that people don't have the skills they said they had or were required! I changed a few flats for guys that " change tires all of the time", they drive them to a shop and have them changed. Only learned this after his third time pinching his tube!
No my friend you keep the "millions" your making herding cats in Baja and I'll raise a beer to you!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2021 at 09:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaWinters  
Plus too many people takes away from the experience. 8 is our max.

I hate caravans and those too frightened to explore on their own. First experience with a caravan was a 5ver outside SI, playing catch up because he had fallen behind, and side swiped my RV.

No matter how much instruction these clowns get, they will be nervous nellies driving 1.

Add psyche counseling to the menu for these guys. 8 max. 4 too many.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2021 at 08:23 AM

I have never gone caravanning but I think it would be a hoot! Have a blast and if you ever have a chance, I recommend exploring La Bocana! Off the beaten track, very low key, excellent restaurant that can accommodate big groups with prior notice. We have a large area in front of the hotel where vehicles can park. Maybe you could come first to scope it out and see if it works?

For $5 per person, you have access to 2 outside bathrooms and one outside shower. The best part according to those who have stayed with us, is the view of the Pacific, sounds of birds singing and waves gently breaking and ospreys either building their nests, feeding their young ones or eating their fish.

Tough life!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-11-2021 at 09:12 AM

There can be a social aspect to caravanning that adds to the adventure. My mom and dad spent most winters on the road exploring desert areas during the 70s and 80s, and many times it was part of a caravan.

My dad drove trucks for many years, and knew his way around the south west and Mexico, so he wound up being "wagon master" more than a few trips. My mom was a world class conversationalist, and loved the gatherings of like-minded travelers in the evenings.

I don't want to travel with more than a couple of other vehicles on a long trip, but it used to be something my folks and many other people looked forward to.

I hope you have a great run on this adventure!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.