Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  12
Author: Subject: Los Cabos Visitors to be Tested for COVID
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2022 at 10:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  
Getting vaxxed will decrease the chance of hospitalization, but to say that vaccinations will reduce the spread may be incorrect.

Bring on the double vaxxed and boosted asymptomatic super spreaders!

Herd immunity right around the corner.

I was hoping not to be one of those visitors - out to get my dose of Winter sunshine without regard to anyone else. Our plan was to get tested before traveling - assuming that doesn't become a new requirement between now and early February.

Regarding herd immunity, judging from how many people I know who've tested positive in the past few months, we'll get to test that out quite soon.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2022 at 05:29 PM

The Mexican government should require anyone flying in here be tested. The case count is going up rapidly after all the holiday tourists.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2022 at 05:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
The Mexican government should require anyone flying in here be tested. The case count is going up rapidly after all the holiday tourists.

I agree. Mary and I are going to get tested anyway, but I'd feel better knowing that everyone on the plane with us has had a recent negative test.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2022 at 06:44 PM

Sounds reasonable to me.

Sent an employee to the UK in October and they required it.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-8-2022 at 07:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Sounds reasonable to me.

Sent an employee to the UK in October and they required it.

No one should be allowed on a flight, domestic and intl, unless vaccinated, boosted, and recent negative test result.

Flying is not a right, it is a privilege, and there is no reason to allow potential disease vectors to travel on planes where people are in close contact.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2022 at 09:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

I agree. Mary and I are going to get tested anyway, but I'd feel better knowing that everyone on the plane with us has had a recent negative test.
They should also require that everyone wears an N95 mask.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 12:06 AM

Last month CEO's from two of the top 5 largest carriers in the US said at Senate hearings that masks on planes do very little to nothing.

And they stated that planes are very safe because of the way they filter and re-circulate the air. This is from the scientific data they have collected for the last year and a half.

I flew about 10 times in 2020. Didn't get Covid.

If you are at risk and need to fly, by all means wear an N95 mask.

[Edited on 1-9-2022 by JZ]

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 06:42 AM

I hear lots about new mandates to force people to have vaccines they feel strongly are unsafe and far less effective in preventing spread than claimed. Has anyone heard at what point these medical choices will no longer be in legislators' hands, or is this to be left to the vaccine producers to decide?
We now know from real life results the vaccines were drastically over sold in their effectiveness by the producers. Is there anyplace where we can get the real data, or is this forever to be censored based on what legislators determine we should be told?
Am I the only one who is not encouraged when data is sieved by censors before I am permitted to see it?

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 07:37 AM

Over 25% of our family members, all vaccinated have within the past two weeks acquired Omicron and rapidly recovered. The incidence is growing rapidly, as three more were added to that last week. Those three were exposed to a person who was vaccinated and tested positive.

People without vaccine passports have not been allowed in our healthcare facilities for over 3 months now, yet we now have 38 health care facilities with outbreaks, more then 50% higher than the peak when they were allowed in.

Over 84% of the provincial cases are now fully vaccinated in a province that boasts having among the highest vaccinated rates globally.

Local cumulative case fatality rates are now below 0.7% and declining rapidly as the present case fatality rates draw it down rapidly.

My question is: At what point does the government allow individuals to once again make their own medical treatment choices? When present CFR is 0.5%(it's highly likely we are there already)? 0.2% (seasonal flu rates)? or lower than seasonal flu rates?

[Edited on 1-9-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 08:54 AM

JDC:
"My question is: At what point does the government allow individuals to....[insert specific liberty]"

This is up to us.

Regardless of initial merit, legislators worldwide have used the pandemic to expand their power over individuals. Because there was a legitimate emergency (at least initially), people for the most part were happy to have their governments take the lead to protect them.

"Political Power:" The ability to collect and spend money.

This is what it has now boiled down to. Legislators on both sides and all over the world now look to Covid as the way to 1) justify raising more money from their people, 2) take away those peoples' right to disagree about it, and 3) most importantly, spend that money as they see fit.

As they in their infinite wisdom see fit: to their own cronies/lobbyists/elites/preferred corporations who support their politics and in return keep them in power, and also in return enrich those same politicians, or their families, or their foundations, or their businesses, or their investments, or their futures after out of politics.

Only we can control these people, at least in countries in which we are allowed the vote, and even so it is not very easy to do.

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 09:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 100X  
JDC:
"My question is: At what point does the government allow individuals to....[insert specific liberty]"

This is up to us.

Regardless of initial merit, legislators worldwide have used the pandemic to expand their power over individuals. Because there was a legitimate emergency (at least initially), people for the most part were happy to have their governments take the lead to protect them.

"Political Power:" The ability to collect and spend money.

This is what it has now boiled down to. Legislators on both sides and all over the world now look to Covid as the way to 1) justify raising more money from their people, 2) take away those peoples' right to disagree about it, and 3) most importantly, spend that money as they see fit.

As they in their infinite wisdom see fit: to their own cronies/lobbyists/elites/preferred corporations who support their politics and in return keep them in power, and also in return enrich those same politicians, or their families, or their foundations, or their businesses, or their investments, or their futures after out of politics.

Only we can control these people, at least in countries in which we are allowed the vote, and even so it is not very easy to do.

You guys are whacky, always seeing a conspiracy or evil intent where there usually is none.

I bet you also think Trump won the election and antifa/fbi actors staged the Jan 6 coup attempt :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

100X
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 09:07 AM

Monoloco:
"They should also require that everyone wears an N95 mask."

Yeah, whatever happened to this requirement? N95 masks are imminently more effective than the "whatever masks" we are now allowed/required to wear, even in enclosed places. Early on all "the science" highly touted the N95s, and rightfully so. When is the last time these masks were even discussed by our all-knowing leaders?

When there is such a better and still relatively reasonably priced alternative (manufacturing surely could have caught up by now) to just putting whatever single ply of paper or cloth over our mouth and nose, it should make one really question what is going on.

100X
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 09:12 AM

Goat, I enjoy your banter but I for one am not going to take the bait.

I have not stated a one-sided political opinion but instead things that relate to both sides (I actually think I just paraphrased something I heard at Berkeley in the 60's).

Carry on!

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 09:38 AM

Mr Mtgoat: When governments force a medical decision on a broad populace regardless of their own specific risk factors in consultation with the doctors they trust, I think we should all be very concerned. We and my family made our decisions based on the information provided to us at the time and in agreement with our doctor. The present information available to us is far different than it was then and I do maintain it is us that should make that decision, not an uninformed politician who has no idea what our risk factors are.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 11:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Last month CEO's from two of the top 5 largest carriers in the US said at Senate hearings that masks on planes do very little to nothing.

And they stated that planes are very safe because of the way they filter and re-circulate the air. This is from the scientific data they have collected for the last year and a half.

I flew about 10 times in 2020. Didn't get Covid.

If you are at risk and need to fly, by all means wear an N95 mask.

[Edited on 1-9-2022 by JZ]
Did you actually watch the hearing? The CEO of Southwest was hacking unmasked the whole time he was giving testimony and the next day he tested positive for Covid. My neighbor is a flight attendant for Southwest and also came down with Covid19 a couple of weeks ago after two weeks of work. I don't believe that I'll be taking medical advice from airline CEO's.

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 12:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
we've all been duped ... the vaccine doesn't work

what works
is a mask
hand gel
and stay away from the hospital where the sick are

educate yourself - for god sakes man. The vaccine was never supposed to keep you from getting infected - vaccines don't work that way. They are supposed to keep the infection from becoming bad - essentially its a kickstarter to your immune system so it fights of the replication that leads to all the bad effects.

as such - the vaccines have been remarkably successful - the vast majority of deaths are still from unvaccinated individuals. vaccinated individuals infected with Omacron - pretty much a mild cold - and they are contagious for a much shorter period of time than those un vaxed.

sorry to pour the cold water of facts and science onto your facebook fueled conspiracy theory bull sh##T, but maybe someone here might actually be looking for good information and fact instead of political blowhards with an agenda spouting ignorance and lies!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 12:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

The vaccine was never supposed to keep you from getting infected - vaccines don't work that way. They are supposed to keep the infection from becoming bad

I knew this from the very beginning.

But that is definitely not how Biden or the media positioned it. They positioned it as critical to stopping inflections and spread.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 01:33 PM

On vaccines...a good vaccine will build long lasting immunity response , allowing the person when they are infected to fight off any exposure from the present or a similar virus. If a vaccine after only 4 months has less than 50% efficacy I would not call it a good vaccine. How could you possibly vaccinate everyone globally every 4 months? Some better alternative is needed.

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 02:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
On vaccines...a good vaccine will build long lasting immunity response , allowing the person when they are infected to fight off any exposure from the present or a similar virus. If a vaccine after only 4 months has less than 50% efficacy I would not call it a good vaccine. How could you possibly vaccinate everyone globally every 4 months? Some better alternative is needed.

The polio vaccine eradicated polio. The reason it was successful is because people bought into it. If you recall, when covid first appeared in the US Trump stated that all we have to do is to maintain the protocol for 6 weeks and we'll be out of this. We had a chance to beat this back then. When you become convinced that vaccines don't work you in effect make them not work. That's essentially what happened in the US. The longer the eradication takes the less effective the vaccine becomes because these critters mutate. There was nothing wrong with the vaccines nor the quality of work that produced them. We failed, not the vaccines.
100X
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 04:18 PM

Per Wikipedia:

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease.[1] A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins. The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as a threat, destroy it, and to further recognize and destroy any of the microorganisms associated with that agent that it may encounter in the future. Vaccines can be prophylactic (to prevent or ameliorate the effects of a future infection by a natural or "wild" pathogen), or therapeutic (to fight a disease that has already occurred, such as cancer).[2][3][4][5] Some vaccines offer full sterilizing immunity, in which infection is prevented completely.[6]

I personally remember the Covid vaccine being originally touted as an immunization (i.e. having immunity, being immune), just like the Polio vaccine. "Science"!

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.