Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  12
Author: Subject: Los Cabos Visitors to be Tested for COVID
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 04:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

The polio vaccine eradicated polio. The reason it was successful is because people bought into it. If you recall, when covid first appeared in the US Trump stated that all we have to do is to maintain the protocol for 6 weeks and we'll be out of this. We had a chance to beat this back then. When you become convinced that vaccines don't work you in effect make them not work. That's essentially what happened in the US. The longer the eradication takes the less effective the vaccine becomes because these critters mutate. There was nothing wrong with the vaccines nor the quality of work that produced them. We failed, not the vaccines.

Australia with a population 5M less than the state of Texas, spread over a huge land mass that is eleven times bigger than Texas, tried everything humanly possible to eradicate the virus.

They closed their border. They didn't let ppl leave the country (or at least they couldn't get back in).

They had hundreds of days of lock downs with strict curfews. They tracked the movement of their citizens. They arrested ppl for leaving their houses. They forbid ppl from traveling from one city to another to see relatives unless given special govt. permission. They limited gatherings to 2 ppl max.

They have a 93% vaxx rate for ppl 16 and above. And so on.

Well, they just hit 1 million cases and now the govt. is shifting to living with Covid, not trying to eradicate it.

[Edited on 1-10-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 04:54 PM

Pfizer and Moderna coming out very soon with Omicron mRNA vaccines.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/omicron-specific-vac...

And Eli Lily has this on the burner:
Experimental Lilly drug neutralizes Omicron in test tubes

An experimental monoclonal antibody treatment from Eli Lilly & Co is effective against all known variants of the coronavirus, including Omicron, researchers have found.

The drug, known as LY-CoV1404 or bebtelovimab, “potently” neutralized engineered versions of numerous variants, including Alpha, Beta, Delta, Epsilon, Gamma, Iota, and Omicron, in test tube experiments, the researchers reported on Friday on bioRxiv ahead of peer review.

[Edited on 1-11-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 06:11 PM

Bajaboy:
"I'm going with what my doctor suggests."

That is great advice for all, especially if we also apply our own knowledge and ask questions (the doctors are after all providing their medical opinions--which are based upon science and learning).

But do realize that not all doctors' science-based medical opinions will be the same on what is the best approach.

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 07:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

I'm going with what my doctor suggests. I'm not sure why you think you are so much smarter than a scientist/doctor?

Agree with you 1000%.

You should make the best choice for you and your family in consultation with your doctor who knows your family's medical history, blended in with your own research and judgment.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 09:43 PM

For all you hosers and hoserphiles:

“(CNN) — Canada was moved to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's highest-risk category for travel on Monday.”

[Edited on 1-11-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 09:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

“(CNN) — Canada was moved to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's highest-risk category for travel on Monday.”

Interesting, higher vaccination rates, far lower "death from covid " rates, much higher recovery rates and we are the highest risk ones. I'm waiting to see the science behind this and quite pleased to join these other countries on the list with the most rapid declines in case fatality rates:

In addition to new entries Canada and Curaçao, some of the biggest travel names remain firmly lodged at the CDC's Level 4 for now:
• France
• Iceland
• Ireland
• Italy
• Netherlands
• Portugal
• South Africa
• Spain
• Switzerland
• United Kingdom

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 10:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Interesting, higher vaccination rates, far lower "death from covid " rates, much higher recovery rates and we are the highest risk ones. I'm waiting to see the science behind this one.

Why do you need to “see the science?”

The stats are what you need to see: “The CDC places a destination at Level 4 when more than 500 cases per 100,000 residents are registered in the past 28 days. The CDC advises travelers to avoid travel to Level 4 countries.”

Stop licking door knobs! Wash your hands!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 01:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

The polio vaccine eradicated polio. The reason it was successful is because people bought into it. If you recall, when covid first appeared in the US Trump stated that all we have to do is to maintain the protocol for 6 weeks and we'll be out of this. We had a chance to beat this back then. When you become convinced that vaccines don't work you in effect make them not work. That's essentially what happened in the US. The longer the eradication takes the less effective the vaccine becomes because these critters mutate. There was nothing wrong with the vaccines nor the quality of work that produced them. We failed, not the vaccines.

Australia with a population 5M less than the state of Texas, spread over a huge land mass that is eleven times bigger than Texas, tried everything humanly possible to eradicate the virus.

They closed their border. They didn't let ppl leave the country (or at least they couldn't get back in).

They had hundreds of days of lock downs with strict curfews. They tracked the movement of their citizens. They arrested ppl for leaving their houses. They forbid ppl from traveling from one city to another to see relatives unless given special govt. permission. They limited gatherings to 2 ppl max.

They have a 93% vaxx rate for ppl 16 and above. And so on.

Well, they just hit 1 million cases and now the govt. is shifting to living with Covid, not trying to eradicate it.

[Edited on 1-10-2022 by JZ]

Why don't you quote the stats from China, or even next door New Zealand. Obviously it takes a world effort. It stands to reason that if the Australian quarantine was 100% it would have worked. It was important to eradicate the virus early when the vaccines were 95% effective. The more variants that arise the less effective the vaccines become. They were constructed for a specific virus so why would you expect the same results from different ones? You can thank your Florida hero for doing his part to spread the disease.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 08:16 AM

1500 people in the USA are dying every day........that's a 1/2 of a 9/11/2001 every day of unneeded deaths due to the public's misunderstanding of science and vaccines. That's just good ol' unneeded carnage and suffering that WE ARE ALL experiencing.

Hope no one else in your family, or group of friends, or fellow countrymen, or world amigos, dies needlessly because they didn't get vaccinated.

Yes, some will die due to a co morbidity but since when did we stop giving a crap about people because they are overweight or have a disease?

This is a pointless rant. I know it's almost impossible to change people's minds, even my own. Were did my beliefs come from? How do I know I'm right? How many things have I been wrong about in my life?

[Edited on 1-11-2022 by Ateo]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 08:34 AM

Here's a timely chart from today's NY Times.

The accompanying article might be behind a paywall, but elaborates on the data depicted in the chart.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 08:44 AM

I should have included this chart too - from the same NY Times article.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 09:29 AM

Take in account the broad misinformation, by people who should know better, for example, SCOTUS Justice Sotomayer said confidently We (US) have 100,000 children in the hospital severely ill with COVID, yet, that statement was false, and confirmed by CDC leader Walensky, when questioned, stated, there are less than 3500 children in the hospital and of those, many are there for comorbidities issues, "WITH" a covid diagnosis. Meaning, children are actually at extremely low risk of severe COVID illness. While the Jabs are extremely high risk for children who are at increased risk of myocarditis, heart inflammation, paralysis, immune system collapse, injuries and death.

Walensky says Sotomayor's pediatric COVID hospitalization number was off dramatically
https://news.yahoo.com/walensky-says-sotomayor-apos-pediatri...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/09/cdc-rochelle...

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 10:03 AM

I know this is really irksome to some, but more and more scientists are coming to this same conclusion as they follow the Omicron waves in various countries. Follow the Science:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10386665/Covid-kill...

Dr Clive Dix, the former chief of the UK's vaccine taskforce, called for a return to a 'new normality' and for Covid to be treated like the flu now that they have a similar death rate.

MailOnline analysis shows the UK's case fatality rate — the proportion of confirmed infections that end in death — has shrunk 21-fold from 3 per cent last winter to 0.15 per cent at the end of December. For comparison, seasonal influenza is thought to have a case-fatality rate of around 0.1 per cent but fewer tests are done. Other scientists expect the infection-fatality rate, which is naturally even lower, to be similar.

Dr Dix, who was instrumental in acquiring the UK's initial Covid jab supply, called for mass population-based vaccination to end in favour of a 'targeted strategy' aimed at the vulnerable.

There are also calls for routine testing to be scrapped to put an end to the self-isolation crisis plaguing businesses and vital services now that Omicron is causing little or no symptoms for most. Writing in the Mail today, Professor Angus Dalgleish, an oncologist at St George's University, said mass screening was beginning to amount to 'national self-harm'.

100X
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 10:11 AM

I've asked this before:

So is it now time for say a healthy, vaccinated 60 year old to want to get Omicron so that when he/she is say 70 and in lesser health he/she has natural immunity against whatever potentially more severe variant is circulating then?

Hmmm...low risk, mild symptoms, large immune system benefit, natural antibodies, no myocarditis...compared to the vaccine and boosters...must calculate risk/benefit...

100X
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 10:14 AM

...and shouldn't every healthy person under 50 be thinking about the same thing...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 10:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 100X  
I've asked this before:

So is it now time for say a healthy, vaccinated 60 year old to want to get Omicron so that when he/she is say 70 and in lesser health he/she has natural immunity against whatever potentially more severe variant is circulating then?

Hmmm...low risk, mild symptoms, large immune system benefit, natural antibodies, no myocarditis...compared to the vaccine and boosters...must calculate risk/benefit...

Is it better to break your leg when young or old? You will heal better/faster when young, so you should break your leg today instead of next year :light::light::light:
Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today!
Break a leg!

Woke!

100X
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 10:16 AM

...and parents...definitely parents...think it through...

100X
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 10:18 AM

I don't ever have to break a leg.

I, and all others including parents, do have to deal with Covid.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 11:08 AM

Officially only one case of Omicron in BCS according to head of health department.

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/bcs-solo-tiene-un-caso-de-omicron...

Secretaría de Salud (SSA), Zazil Flores Aldape dio a conocer que en Baja California Sur solo se tiene registrado un caso de Ómicron de forma oficial
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 1-11-2022 at 11:21 AM

well we're back in the orange.......
https://www.sandiegored.com/es/noticias/217384/Marina-del-Pi...

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.