Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  11    13    15  ..  19
Author: Subject: Covid Surge
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

If planes were dangerous they wouldn't have kept them flying during the entire pandemic.

:lol: Yes, billion dollar corporations are well known for having the public good in mind. :lol:

Planes' filter systems are only in operation when they are in the air. The time one is cooped up during boarding and deboarding are dangerous. And no air filter system is going to protect you from someone sitting next to you coughing and sneezing.

Ridiculous that you don't understand how practicing safety measures at least some of the time lessens one's chances of accident or illness, rather than negates it altogether. Like if you wear your motorcycle helmet 75% of the time, you are 75% less likely to end up dead or with a head injury in a bike crash than if you never wore one?

Catching Covid also depends on viral load. If someone on the plane has active Covid, you are less likely to contract it by removing it occasionally for 5 minutes to eat or drink than if you are breathing that air maskless for 3 hours.

[Edited on 9-7-2023 by surabi]

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

:lol: Yes, billion dollar corporations are well known for having the public good in mind. :lol:

Planes' filter systems are only in operation when they are in the air. The time one is cooped up during boarding and deboarding are dangerous. And no air filter system is going to protect you from someone sitting next to you coughing and sneezing.

Ridiculous that you don't understand how practicing safety measures at least some of the time lessens one's chances of accident or illness, rather than negates it altogether. Like if you wear your motorcycle helmet 75% of the time, you are 75% less likely to end up dead or with a head injury in a bike crash than if you never wore one?

Catching Covid also depends on viral load. If someone on the plane has active Covid, you are less likely to contract it by removing it occasionally for 5 minutes to eat or drink than if you are breathing that air maskless for 3 hours.

Stay in your basement triple masked. Have fun.

[Edited on 9-7-2023 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 12:01 PM

No one ever hid in their basement. Your go-to BS to demean those who care about not spreading an often deadly virus.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 12:02 PM

What the heck is a mask gonna do when they are only worn 3/4ths of the time?

Protect you 3/4 of the time :light:

Planes have filters for this.

Those filters dont do much to protect me from the sick passenger sitting 3 inches away from me :!:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 12:24 PM

Stay in your basement triple masked. Have fun.

Just an embarrassment to mature and rational nomads. Hiding is something the radical right would say.

Don't wear a mask if you don't want to JZ. You don't believe the enormity of covid is real anyway. What's it matter to you if someone wears a mask.

Why are you so judgmental, anyway? You spout opinions like it's facts and truth and it comes across as looney tunes.

Stop believing everything you read. Try to stop worrying. Your comments come across as someone who is unhappy and worries over everything.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 12:47 PM

People wearing masks is great. It should be everyone's choice, as some are more at risk than others.

Mandates are very bad. They are starting to mandate masks in some schools. That is one reason why I care. It is tragic to mask little kids who are at near zero risk of Covid. Takes away their childhoods. It is certainly not following the science.

We don't want mask mandates to come back. So much of what the government said about Covid has proven to be misinformation. We don't want to go back there. It is a slippery slope.

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by JZ]

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 02:25 PM

It is tragic to mask little kids who are at zero risk of Covid.

Little kids are not at "zero risk of Covid", nor are their families they bring it home to.

You are such a hypocrite. Now you say masks are great for those who want to wear them and are "vulnerable", whatever you think that means, after endlessly demeaning people who wear masks. You even viley posted a photo of a woman on a flight you took who had a mask on and a face shield, making fun of her, as if she were stupid, when for all you know she may have cancer, be undergoing chemo and have a weak immune system.

And what people are "at risk" from is people like you who think they have the right to do whatever they please, regardless of the danger that poses to others.

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 06:17 PM
S, You really should check your facts before you insert your foot where it doesn’t belong.

The picture, much like an open mouth w/o a foot is the APU exhaust port from a 737 AC.

The following is general info for other readers not you.

Most all recent AC have these. They provide ground support for the AC at the gate and during some takeoffs when the engine bleed air used by the ACM (air cycle machine) is required for takeoff. It also can be used to provide conditioned air to the cabin and more importantly the c-ckpit and the electronic bays under it on the ground or up to 41K feet in case of a problem.

This is the source of the air coming out of the little hole next to the light over your seat when the AC is sitting at the gate, you’re right they probably don’t care about you cause they’re greedy capitalist roaders, but they do care about the very expensive AC and it’s equally expensive crew.

IMG_4531.jpeg - 205kB
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 06:56 PM

The amount of carbon dioxide in the cabin from peoples's breath during boarding and deboarding has been measured, and is extreme compared to the amount when the plane is in the air. It is often sweltering hot in planes during these times on the ground, so obviously there isn't any AC happening. Regardless of your photos and supposed aircraft expertise.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 07:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
The picture, much like an open mouth w/o a foot is the APU exhaust port from a 737 AC.

I don’t think that looks like a 737 Apu exhaust. Looks more like you mansplaining! Bald and bellowing :lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 07:10 PM

Goat,

Google it yourself! As noted the explanation was not for surbi as she is hopeless, it was for other interested parties. So how was your recent flight? Air come out of the little hole next to the light?
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 07:47 PM

No air was coming out of the little hole next to the light on the flight I just took 4 days ago before take-off and after landing.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 07:56 PM

S,

Green or Cool. Pick one, try a better airline too!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:02 PM

:lol: some serious hot air coming out of the bread box!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
No air was coming out of the little hole next to the light on the flight I just took 4 days ago before take-off and after landing.

You have to twist the ring to open the valve. Then it will spray germy recirculated air all over you.

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:23 PM

Goat,

The manual says 50% fresh outside air (if it’s fresh) and 50% recirculated HEPA filtered air. Unless they turn it off to be more green.

You talk the talk, sometimes you have to walk it too.

WG,

The breadbox has solar AC, works great. Come over next time CFE’s down and I’ll pour you a cool one.

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by RFClark]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:25 PM

I think I've read about a small handful of outbreaks from flights? Have there been more?

How many flights world-wide have taken off since March 2020? A quick Goggle search says there were 22M globally in 2021.

So maybe 60M flights since 2020, give or take? Has any study ever said airplanes have a high spread rate?

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by JZ]

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
I think I've read about a small handful of outbreaks from flights? Have there been more
I have three separate friends who have become infected during cross-country flight, within the last three months, all wearing masks (probably the only ones on their flights doing so.) Based on the number of people I know, that is stastically significant.

I doubt any of them reported the infections to the CDC (why bother), so your assumptions based on what you see on the internet, are questionable at best.

And you know it was from the flight? How?

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:56 PM

This malarkey of planes being a breading ground..

Assuming you aren't referring to some type of cooking, planes are not specifically a breeding ground for Covid transmission- any place where people are packed in cheek to jowl is a place where one is more likely to contract whatever communicable disease other people may have. That's not malarkey- it's medical science 101.

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by surabi]
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 09:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
And you know it was from the flight? How?
I don't. Could have been in the airport itself during the trip. Kind of the same difference; someone was spewing virus with no concern for those around them.

Last summer when I flew to Canada, I landed in Toronto, had to change planes to get to Ottawa. After staying with my daughter there for 10 days, I flew to Vancouver Island with a plane change in Calgary.

Tons of people in the Toronto and Ottawa airports were wearing masks, even though at that point, they were no longer required, but strongly recommended.
At the Calgary (right-winger country) airport there was almost no one wearing a mask, even though the same masking recommendations were posted, as well as announcements broadcast asking people to.

It's quite telling to see what type of people actually care about protecting others.
 Pages:  1  ..  11    13    15  ..  19

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.