Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14    16  ..  19
Author: Subject: Covid Surge
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 9-8-2023 at 07:02 AM

I have two flights coming up - one to Anchorage, one to Loreto. With the increase of covid cases and hospitalizations on the rise, I'll be wearing a mask during both flights. I don't like being sick. Ya'll do you, I'll do me.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2023 at 08:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
No air was coming out of the little hole next to the light on the flight I just took 4 days ago before take-off and after landing.

You have to twist the ring to open the valve. Then it will spray germy recirculated air all over you.

That wasn't my first time on a plane, Goat. Well aware you have to twist the ring. Other passengers were trying to open the valves, too. Believe me, there was no air coming out, germy or otherwise.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 9-8-2023 at 08:06 PM

S,

The “Green-beans” have been riding the airlines to be more green. One major way is to stop running the APUs at the gate and while taxiing. I guess some airlines gave in and are doing just that. When you talk the talk, sometimes you have to walk the walk too.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2023 at 08:19 PM

Lecturing? Did I complain about the fact that there wasn't AC coming out? I simply stated a fact.

My point in mentioning it was in relation to the fact that there is much more carbon dioxide in the air, hence more likelihood of contracting a communicable disease from all the people crammed in in close quarters before take-off and after landing.

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2023 at 10:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
S,

The “Green-beans” have been riding the airlines to be more green. One major way is to stop running the APUs at the gate and while taxiing. I guess some airlines gave in and are doing just that. When you talk the talk, sometimes you have to walk the walk too.

Green-beans! haha! Is wild that they fly at all considering the “environmental damage” created by flight.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-9-2023 at 10:45 AM

I always thought that the external air intake was shut off while on the ground to prevent circulating exhaust gases from jets and service vehicles through the aircraft.

CO2 is not a toxin, and does not carry any disease. Do we need another set of masks that drop down to allow exhaling CO2 to an outside vent?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2023 at 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I always thought that the external air intake was shut off while on the ground to prevent circulating exhaust gases from jets and service vehicles through the aircraft.

CO2 is not a toxin, and does not carry any disease. Do we need another set of masks that drop down to allow exhaling CO2 to an outside vent?

Maybe individual bubbles would be safer.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2023 at 11:11 AM

CO2 is not a toxin, and does not carry any disease.

What a ridiculous thing to say. That's like saying water isn't a toxin, to somehow prove it can't make you sick, when the point is that it can be full of water-borne bacteria.

When the air is full of peoples' CO2, virus particles, if a person is infected, are conveyed in their exhalations. What do you think "air-borne virus" means? It's transferred through people's breath, or do you believe, like people did before science understood the nature of communicable disease, that it's caused by "evil vapors".

[Edited on 9-9-2023 by surabi]
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2023 at 11:23 AM

Be careful AKGringo! The resident “angry people” are about to attack you… yikes!

Prepare to hear how dangerous water is and air and food and living in general
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2023 at 02:12 PM

Peace y;all. Fresh fish for everyone please.
Lori

[Edited on 9-11-2023 by CaboMagic]

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2023 at 03:53 PM

On the other hand, I've tested positive twice after two vaccinations and a booster; each time, it was a very mild sickness lasting 5 or 6 days. Home tests verified all of this.

A lot depends upon the initial viral load you inhale. Be careful in indoor, crowded places.

[Edited on 9-10-2023 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2023 at 06:50 PM

The thing about Covid is that it affects people differently and you can't predict its effects. Some people have a very mild case, with no apparent after effects, some get miserably sick, and some end up with "long Covid"- feeling foggy and fatigued endlessly, with it causing damage to people's organs. And some people simply seem to be immune, whether they've been vaxed or not. I've also read studies that say the more times you get Covid, the worse it is each time. Really weird disease.

[Edited on 9-10-2023 by surabi]
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2023 at 12:15 PM

Thus the term 'novel' that from the beginning indicated we still have much to learn.

Some learn the hard way. Others try to minimize the spread to others by getting vaccinated.

Guarantees? There are no guarantees and never were. There was the opportunity to minimize the effects of catching covid through vaccinating.

The risk of longterm side effects is/was enough for me to do what I can do.

Is this too much of a consideration to ask of people? Apparently it is.

The choice is up to each of us. Thank the stars many more chose to consider others and vaccinate without any guarantees of absolutely not coming down with covid than did not.

Novel. Novel. Novel. It means just that.

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2023 at 01:00 PM

There are a lot of people wishing they had never been given the Covid vaccinations.

Seems to be a lot of unintended side effects that are quite serious.

To each their own.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2023 at 01:37 PM

There are unintended side effects from any medication with some individuals. The number of people who experienced negative reactions to the Covid vaccine is miniscule compared to how many people have been vaccinated and how many lives it has saved.

[Edited on 9-11-2023 by surabi]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-10-2023 at 04:04 PM

The unintended side effect for my oldest son was death from cardiac inflammation less than a week after getting his first shot. He had recently been treated for a bacterial infection but had no prior cardiac issues.

I won't be providing much more than the prior statement on this public forum, because it is too personal and would not be fair to the rest of the family.

He died on Aug 4 2021.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2023 at 04:30 PM

The unintended side effect for my oldest son was death from cardiac inflammation less than a week after getting his first shot. He had recently been treated for a bacterial infection but had no prior cardiac issues.

I won't be providing much more than the prior statement on this public forum, because it is too personal and would not be fair to the rest of the family.

He died on Aug 4 2021.

OMG AK, I am so, so sorry to hear that. That is tragic.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2023 at 08:27 PM

He died on Aug 4 2021.

Sorry for your loss. You are not in the catagory of “miniscule” when it comes to the number of very negative side effects of the vaccine.

Again, sorry.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 9-10-2023 at 09:00 PM

AK, condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss, I know what it feels like to lose a child first hand.

Next time you are thru SF feel free to stop in for the night either way if you need to, all the dogs will have a blast and we can have some cold ones laughing at them.

And the rest of you, fùck off with the stupid bickering back and forth. Do whatever the fùck you want with this disease but you aren't changing anybodies mind with your retarded he said she said bullchit.

What Fauci did or said and whether mask mandates and lock downs were right or wrong and what the fùck ever YOU think about vaccines has nothing to do with Baja. If the uber right wants to try to convince the uber left or vice versa that their way is the only way, fine but it ain't never gonna happen so take it to OT and fight it out there so the rest of us don't have to listen to your whinny little asses spew the same horsechit over and over.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 9-10-2023 at 09:04 PM

AK,

I’m extremely sorry to learn of your personal tragedy. Unfortunately the longer any of us live the more of those experiences we have. Personally I try to honor those who have fallen by doing what I can for those still around me.
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14    16  ..  19

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.