Pages:  1  ..  16    18  
Author: Subject: Covid Surge
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-20-2023 at 05:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
...never in my memory post any pictures of baja. Why would anyone take you seriously?

Oh, dear-- gotta confess I share that defect, time for redemption. Here's a little shot of La Paz culture:

[Edited on 9-20-2023 by lencho]

I like those ingredients for scallop ceviche, but i dont like that combo of unchopped ingredients together. I would chop them up and make a ceviche.
Callo de hacha, red onion, citrus and a very little chile - superveasy,yum.

[Edited on 9-21-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2023 at 05:07 PM

Lencho-

Cool ride! That is cruising the streets in style!
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 9-26-2023 at 03:10 PM

Anti-viral drug backfires: COVID drug linked to viral mutations that spread

https://arstechnica.com/health/2023/09/covid-anti-viral-drug...
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-26-2023 at 03:20 PM

I never take any drug I'm not familiar with without researching it first. (And paying attention to what entities are the source of the information)

I was given a prescription by a Mexican neurologist, for a drug which I found has been banned in Europe for causing spontaneous heart attacks in patients with no history of heart problems. Needless to say, I didn't take it.

[Edited on 9-26-2023 by surabi]

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2023 at 05:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
I never take any drug I'm not familiar with without researching it first. (And paying attention to what entities are the source of the information)

I was given a prescription by a Mexican neurologist, for a drug which I found has been banned in Europe for causing spontaneous heart attacks in patients with no history of heart problems. Needless to say, I didn't take it.

Wow, Covid vaccine aside… Arent you a smart shopper. That Mexican neurologist didnt know who he was dealing with obviously.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Split
9-27-2023 at 02:14 AM
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2023 at 11:17 PM

4 out of 5 Mexicans who got a flu shot this year turned down Cuban and Russian COVID-19 vaccines

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Four out of five people in Mexico who got influenza shots so far this year turned down the government’s recommendation that they get Russian or Cuban COVID-19 boosters at the same time, officials said Tuesday.

Assistant Health Secretary Ruy López Ridaura attributed the high refusal rate to people being reluctant to get two vaccines at the same time.

“People have a certain reluctance to get simultaneous vaccinations,” López Ridaura said.

But the population eligible for flu and COVID-19 shots — people over 60 and people with underlying health problems — are considered high-risk, and Mexicans in those groups had extremely high take-up rates for Covid vaccines in 2021 and 2022, according to the Health Department.

Some people appear to simply distrust the Russian Sputnik and Cuban Abdala vaccines, both designed in 2020 for variants prevalent at the time.

“It is an old antigen, it's as if they were going to give me an influenza vaccine from 2020,” said Andreu Comas, a professor of medicine at the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosi. “There are no studies regarding the effectiveness of both of these vaccines against the (current) variants.”

Mexico has bought millions of doses of the Russian and Cuban vaccines. The original plan was to administer around 20 million shots, but only about 1.9 million people, or 9.5% of those eligible, have agreed to take them since the vaccination campaign started in mid-October.

In contrast, 10 million people got the influenza shot in the same period.

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador has been a big supporter of Cuba, hiring Cuban doctors, buying vaccines and construction materials from Cuba and supplying oil to the island.

Meanwhile, Mexico has held up approval for Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 boosters, both of which were designed to work against the COVID variants currently circulating. While those shots have been approved for use in the United States since September, they may not be available for Mexicans until 2024.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2023 at 11:35 PM

My 19 yo kid just had the biggest illness of his life two weeks ago. 5 days with heavy fever. Wife took him to Urgent Care. Negative for Covid, just the flu.

We were in Germany and Copenhagen all last week. 2-3% of ppl were wearing masks on the plane. Less than 1% in the general public in Europe.

Our driver back from LAX to home was a very intelligent black woman. She was proud to tell us that she didn't take any Covid vax shots. We told her we did, but 100% supported those that choose not to.

Hopefully Americans never give up their rights again.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 12:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Our driver back from LAX to home was a very intelligent black woman. She was proud to tell us that she didn't take any Covid vax shots.

Not getting any Covid vaccines and being proud of it isn't "very intelligent". (And determining what someone's intelligence level is on a 40 min. .drive?)

Blacks have had one of the highest rates of Covid of any Americans. Mostly because they didn't have high rates of vaccination.

And no one should have the "freedom" to infect others. Nor to put a burden in the medical sysyem because you're too dumb, stubborn, or misinformed to get a vax.

[Edited on 11-22-2023 by surabi]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 06:34 AM

Last week I got the Pfizer COVID booster in one arm, and a flu shot in the other. The RSV vaccine was also available, but I ran out of arms.

Seriously, I had no ill effects from the vaccinations. My wife had the vaccinations one week apart: zero side effects from the flu shot, but body aches for about 24 hours a day after getting the COVID vaccine.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 06:58 AM

My 19 yo kid just had the biggest illness of his life two weeks ago. 5 days with heavy fever. Wife took him to Urgent Care. Negative for Covid, just the flu.

We were in Germany and Copenhagen all last week. 2-3% of ppl were wearing masks on the plane. Less than 1% in the general public in Europe.

Our driver back from LAX to home was a very intelligent black woman. She was proud to tell us that she didn't take any Covid vax shots. We told her we did, but 100% supported those that choose not to.

Why did you point out your drivers race and gender? How does her race or gender apply to the story?
Would the story be different if the vax-rejecting driver was a non-binary latinx or a chinese man?

Woke!

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 09:39 AM

Your driver was proud? How? Proud to thumb her nose at those taking the vax? Proud she didn't get sick?

Not sure how you JZ or Americans gave up anything. I was around during the pandemic and never gave up anything. And then there were those who sacrificed, somehow, and feel like fools for going along with the program.

Here's a lesson in how to be a mature and responsible adult in the face of adversary. Make decisions for yourself. Accept responsibility for your actions. Don't go along with any program without your own personal judgment as to whether it's right for you, or not!

Stop blaming covid, lock down (joke, right?), and your government for your unhappiness.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 10:46 AM

Approximately 50% of the over 65s currently admitted to hospitals who test positive for COVID have not been vaccinated at all. That includes those not symptomatic for COVID. About 70% of the general population has had at least one vaccination. The admissions are broken down by self identified race.

Black (65+) identifying admissions testing positive are about 2,5 times higher than is the general average.

It is impossible to discuss current US public health policy without discussing politics. That’s not allowed here.

My personal choice is to get the second COVID booster after Thanksgiving. I would point out that general public vaccinations are down and Measles deaths are up. That too is political and can’t be discussed. It can be noted however that those refusing public health vaccinations cover the full spectrum of political opinion.

All of them in my opinion are equally shortsighted in their views.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Your driver was proud? How? Proud to thumb her nose at those taking the vax? Proud she didn't get sick?

Not sure how you JZ or Americans gave up anything. I was around during the pandemic and never gave up anything. And then there were those who sacrificed, somehow, and feel like fools for going along with the program.

Here's a lesson in how to be a mature and responsible adult in the face of adversary. Make decisions for yourself. Accept responsibility for your actions. Don't go along with any program without your own personal judgment as to whether it's right for you, or not!

Stop blaming covid, lock down (joke, right?), and your government for your unhappiness.

Do you realize that thousands upon thousands of small businesses lost everything? Kids lost years of education. Test scores are now at 40 year lows. Huge increase in depression. People lost the ability to have weddings. Everyone lost major things from their lives.

Just because you are retired and the restrictions didn't meaningful impact your life doesn't mean the same for everyone else.

[Edited on 11-22-2023 by JZ]

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 11:24 AM

Do you realize that thousands upon thousands of small businesses lost everything? Kids lost years of education. Test scores are now at 40 year lows. Huge increase in depression. People lost the ability to have weddings. Everyone lost major things from their lives.

Yes, it's too bad there was a pandemic that necessitated regulations designed to help keep millions of people from getting super sick and dying. Dead people can't run businesses, go to school or get depressed.

Weddings?:lol: First world problem. "Aw, I can't have a wedding with hundreds of people". Guess what, JZ- having a big wedding isn't some "right". And getting married is essentially about making a commitment to another person. That can be done without having a big party. And they can always have the big party after the crisis is over. which many couples did.

It's also too bad that people like you consider their "freedom" to do whatever they like, regardless of how it affects others, to take precedence over anything else.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 11:35 AM

Life is full of ups and downs, including pandemics. Life goes on. Those of us who survived covid are doing better than those who died of covid.

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 11:43 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9560489/Canadian-pa...

“Canadian pastor who screamed at 'N-zi' cops last month is cuffed and dragged along highway for breaking COVID rules and arranging church service”

Not “Just Weddings”!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 12:08 PM

Yes, it's too bad there was a pandemic that necessitated regulations designed to help keep millions of people from getting super sick and dying. Dead people can't run businesses, go to school or get depressed.

Weddings?:lol: First world problem. "Aw, I can't have a wedding with hundreds of people". Guess what, JZ- having a big wedding isn't some "right". And getting married is essentially about making a commitment to another person. That can be done without having a big party. And they can always have the big party after the crisis is over. which many couples did.

It's also too bad that people like you consider their "freedom" to do whatever they like, regardless of how it affects others, to take precedence over anything else.

My brother's kid got married in Ohio and had a big wedding. Which couldn't happen in CA. Just because you don't believe in family doesn't mean normal people agree.

People were prohibited from going to church services, which for some people this is fundamental to their being. Just because you don't believe in Christian values doesn't mean others are like you.

Newsome banned in person education at public schools. Yet, sent his kids in person to private schools. Why would anyone be ok with this hypocrisy from government leaders?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 12:24 PM

My brother's kid got married in Ohio and had a big wedding. Which couldn't happen in CA. Just because you don't believe in family doesn't mean normal people agree.

People were prohibited from going to church services, which for some people this is fundamental to their being. Just because you don't believe in Christian values doesn't mean others are like you.

Newsome banned in person education at public schools. Yet, sent his kids in person to private schools. Why would anyone be ok with this hypocrisy from government leaders?

In 2020 and 2021, Ohio had covid death rate 30 percent higher than california.
How much is a human life worth?

Woke!

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 12:36 PM

People were prohibited from going to church services, which for some people this is fundamental to their being.

Ohio has had 3,363 Covid deaths per 1 million population. California has had 2,680. Regulations obviously work. How many people contracted Covid at your nephew's wedding?

Don't believe in family? You're deranged.

And if someone's religious beliefs are so weak that they require gathering in church, in the midst of a deadly pandemic, in order to practice their religion, they should be examining their commitment to their religion. While having a religious belief system may be fundamental to a person's being, going to a church every Sunday isn't "fundamental" to anyone's being. I know several devout Christians who don't even ever go to church- they gather in someone's house to discuss the Bible and religion, which continued to happen during Covid restrictions, through Zoom meetings.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2023 at 12:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Approximately 50% of the over 65s currently admitted to hospitals who test positive for COVID have not been vaccinated at all. That includes those not symptomatic for COVID. About 70% of the general population has had at least one vaccination. The admissions are broken down by self identified race.

Black (65+) identifying admissions testing positive are about 2,5 times higher than is the general average.

It is impossible to discuss current US public health policy without discussing politics. That’s not allowed here.

My personal choice is to get the second COVID booster after Thanksgiving. I would point out that general public vaccinations are down and Measles deaths are up. That too is political and can’t be discussed. It can be noted however that those refusing public health vaccinations cover the full spectrum of political opinion.

All of them in my opinion are equally shortsighted in their views.

I think at risk people should get vaccinated. But no one should be forced to do it. Especially, the young and healthy. And those Dr.'s screaming for kids to be vaccinated should lose their medical licenses.

Pages:  1  ..  16    18  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.