Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  ..  19
Author: Subject: Covid Surge
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 09:11 PM

S,

A link to an article by a long time Burning Man drug user,

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&...

“ Leon Reece, 32, of Truckee, California, died Friday after he was found unresponsive on the festival grounds, authorities have said. While the cause and manner of his death are still pending, drug intoxication is suspected, the Washoe County Regional Medical Examiner’s Office said in a statement Tuesday.”

“ MDMA and Burning Man

Undersheriff Bjerke told News4Nevada that while the numbers of domestic violence or sexual assaults were down, there was a rise in the instances of use and apprehension of controlled substances, particularly MDMA, LSD, and psilocybin.”

[Edited on 9-7-2023 by RFClark]
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 09:15 PM

S,

You asked for an answer, you got one. Say “Goodnight”!
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 09:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Is this an example of the "natural difference" between men and women you were spouting off about in Off Topic? Men get to talk condescendingly to women and give them orders and women are to obey?

You now fancy yourself a forum moderator?

[Edited on 9-7-2023 by surabi]

Surabi-

Angry much?
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 09:39 PM

RFC- That was an answer? One guy died at an event which attracted 73,000 people, whose cause of death has not yet been determined, and that's your source for a statement that social media is promoting drugs that kill people as the "in" thing?

Many things can kill you. Drugs and alcohol and bad food can kill you if you overindulge. People have died from drinking too much water. MDMA, psilocybin and LSD don't "kill people". In fact, they have been proven useful to counter depression and PTSD, and are increasingly being used by reputable psychologists and other mental health professionals for their patients, with overwhelmingly positive results.

Perhaps you're afraid of mind-expanding drugs because they might cause you to question some of your long-held beliefs?

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 09:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

Surabi-

Angry much?

You'd make a really lousy detective- you have zero perception of motive.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 09:49 PM

S,

Kind of callous about date rape for a woman aren’t you?

I can list a lot of entertainment and influencer types who don’t have drug problems now, because they’re dead. You’re probably one of those “nobody does coke any more” types too. Those subs with 10 tons onboard are just sailing around cause they don’t have anywhere to store it.

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 09:55 PM

RFC- That was an answer? One guy died at an event which attracted 73,000 people, whose cause of death has not yet been determined, and that's your source for a statement that social media is promoting drugs that kill people as the "in" thing?

Many things can kill you. Drugs and alcohol and bad food can kill you if you overindulge. People have died from drinking too much water. MDMA, psilocybin and LSD don't "kill people". In fact, they have been proven useful to counter depression and PTSD, and are increasingly being used by reputable psychologists and other mental health professionals for their patients, with overwhelmingly positive results.

Perhaps you're afraid of mind-expanding drugs because they might cause you to question some of your long-held beliefs?

So….. do guns kill people? Asking for a friend
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 10:00 PM

T,

Until recently I would have answered people with guns, knives, hammers, skate boards and cars kill people. With current technology guns probably kill on their own.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 10:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
T,

Until recently I would have answered people with guns, knives, hammers, skate boards and cars kill people. With current technology guns probably kill on their own.

Drones are definitely more dangerous moving into the future.
Haven’t heard of them being used against adversaries in Baja like they have on mainland. Probably a matter of time.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

Surabi-

Angry much?

You'd make a really lousy detective- you have zero perception of motive.

Your motive is clear. No clairvoyance needed.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 10:08 PM

T,

Read an article today that forecast individual assassination by drone using a photo of the intended victim. It’s off the shelf stuff,
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2023 at 10:26 PM

T,

Read an article today that forecast individual assassination by drone using a photo of the intended victim. It’s off the shelf stuff,

Correct, not a practical way to defend against that either.

Basically, calling in an airstrike on your opponent. Would have to have a personal radar system to detect/ destroy it. Crazy times ahead.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 06:13 AM

Getting back to COVID. I wonder if we’ll see a jump in cases from this festival in the next week or so?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 06:59 AM

Getting back to COVID. I wonder if we’ll see a jump in cases from this festival in the next week or so?

Clarky:
The surge is already here! One little festival will not move the needle. The needle recently jumped because kids went back to school, and the great school disease communicator is back in action.

I flew transcontinental this week, I wore a mask. The plane was full of snuffling/sneezy people, the stranger next to me was dripping and sneezing throughout the flight. I wish sick people would stay home!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:05 AM

COVID, and influenza for that matter, is another reason I'll be glad to return to rural BCS for seven months next month. I've also decided not to get Starlink. I'll swap my Kindle for my laptop. I've discovered that I need only one or two hours per week of Internet time for email and banking chores. I can drive to town for that. One 100-watt solar panel with two regular-sized AGM batteries meets my electricity needs. Propane fridge and stove, and a small battery-operated AM radio for daily news.

Plus, a lot of gasoline for my boat. :cool:

[Edited on 9-7-2023 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Polluting the world with all that C02, shame, shame.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I flew transcontinental this week, I wore a mask.

We are flying to Barcelona and Paris next week. Will not be wearing a mask.

Do you think the virus stops when you eat or drink or snack on your pretzels? What the heck is a mask gonna do when they are only worn 3/4ths of the time?

Planes have filters for this. If planes were dangerous they wouldn't have kept them flying during the entire pandemic.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Polluting the world with all that C02, shame, shame.

It's a new, finely tuned, fuel-injected four-stroke. Suzuki. Maybe, someday, I'll get an electric outboard, when battery technology lightens up.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 08:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

What the heck is a mask gonna do when they are only worn 3/4ths of the time?

Jeez, I dunno, maybe protect you 3/4ths of the time.

HEY! I said "maybe".

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 10:26 AM
Goat, Here are the hospitalization numbers for CA

They do run a couple of weeks behind. That said you can see a trend different from the news.

People have flu, respiratory virus and allergies in addition to COVID. Do wear a mask if it makes you feel better.

I keep this site in my political folder because COVID is as political as the Constitution.

IMG_4529.jpeg - 266kB

Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  ..  19

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.