Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Help paying property taxes online please
bowser
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2022 at 05:34 PM
Help paying property taxes online please

I need to pay my property taxes for our property in Bahia de Los Angeles. Apparently we now pay them in San Quintin instead of Ensenada. The secretary at the Delegado's office told me we can't pay here in town anymore, but we can pay them online.

Can anyone who has done this tell me what website I need to go to how to go about paying?

My Spanglish gets me by in person, but it's a whole nother story searching with Google in Spanish.
volcano3
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2022 at 08:39 AM

Eloscabos for my region

i have not done it this year yet, but will before Feb 1, and can walk you thru the steps after I get reminded myself...utu me if you want help in a week or so
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2022 at 09:21 AM

Tom
If you figure it out let me know also.
Larry

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2022 at 10:07 AM

Last year in La Paz, I simply paid online with my Canadian bank issued Visa card. For some unknown reason, this year none of the accepted banks accept the same Visa card for payment. No idea whats changed, but had my family pay them at OXXO after generating a statement.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
bowser
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2022 at 05:39 PM

Thanks volcano3. I'll contact you if I still haven't figured it out by then. And I'll post here if and when I do get the answer.

Larry - I figured you would be the person who would know!

So far I've found the website to pay if we still payed in Ensenada, but that site won't recognize my parcel number. I can't yet find the equivalent site for San Quintin.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2022 at 08:26 AM

That's funny. I haven't paid the taxes in a couple of years. But at $220P a year who cares. I gave Raul my payment a few years ago 'cause he said he would pay it for me and bring me the receipt. That was the last I ever saw of him. Then I tried for a year or so to pay at the delegacion but their computer was always down so I finally gave up.
I just recently found out that I can pay my trust fees to Bancomer by credit card so that saves me some hassle since I don't travel during bank operating hours.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
bowser
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2022 at 04:40 PM

Well I got an answer even though I don't like it.

A notario in San Quintin told be I have 2 options. Pay in person in SQ Monday thru Sunday. Or deposit money in the Bancomer bank account of Municipo de San Quintin??!!

Of course, I don't know how much tax to pay and how and where to get it into the bank account of Municipo de San Quintin.

Larry, when you drive to San Quintin to pay your taxes will you take my payment along?
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2022 at 09:48 AM

Gentlemen, Baja real estate rule #2
At least once since you bought your property, it is suggested each of you need to pay your trust fees & taxes in person @ least once as a form of due diligence for your property transaction. Go see your trust recorded with the Publico Notario too. After that feel free using any network of support available.

Es Todo Bueno
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2022 at 09:30 AM

Tom,
I don't think I am ever going to pay property taxes again and definitely not driving to SQ to do it. I was talking to my neighbor last night. He is a well connected Mex national and he says that the only time you have to pay property taxes is when you sell the land and then they can only collect the last 5 years of taxes even if you haven't paid for 50 years. I need to verify that somehow but something to think about. Somehow the people down here have protected themselves from the government much better than their northern neighbors.
Send me the link you have to the SQ web site and I will show it to Ricardo and see if he can make sense of it.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2022 at 07:57 AM

Great! I never liked paying taxes. I'm going with the opinion of the well connected neighbors. What's his take on getting vaccinated?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-18-2022 at 08:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
Tom,
I don't think I am ever going to pay property taxes again and definitely not driving to SQ to do it. I was talking to my neighbor last night. He is a well connected Mex national and he says that the only time you have to pay property taxes is when you sell the land and then they can only collect the last 5 years of taxes even if you haven't paid for 50 years. I need to verify that somehow but something to think about. Somehow the people down here have protected themselves from the government much better than their northern neighbors.
Send me the link you have to the SQ web site and I will show it to Ricardo and see if he can make sense of it.

If no one pays taxes, you end up with a poorly funded government, govt that provides little or not services, ineffective courts, and police/civil servants that rob the citizens.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2022 at 08:08 AM

I wonder how the forum users feel about Mexican residents of the US choosing not to pay taxes?
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2022 at 08:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
Tom,

If no one pays taxes, you end up with a poorly funded government, govt that provides little or not services, ineffective courts, and police/civil servants that rob the citizens.

Goat
This is one of the few times you have said something that I agree with. It is also the situation we have down here. But here is another way to look at it. It probably costs the govt more that $10 a year just to maintain the paper work to service my taxes (my property taxes are 200P a year) so by not paying my taxes I am probably saving the govt money. I'm doing my civic duty.

[Edited on 1-18-2022 by larryC]

bowser
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2022 at 09:20 AM

I don't know Larry. If you drove to San Quintin you probably would spend about 5,000 pesos for gas and then dinner and a room at Jardines or the Old Mill.

Yes, the government would lose money on your 200 pesos, but the economy would be enriched. Maybe that's the plan.
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2022 at 10:31 AM

Nobody local pays the predial unless they need a current copy of it for proof required with other applications, or they are selling it.

As posted above, a very lenient amnesty program is in place, once one chooses to catch up.

Also as mentioned above, no or low taxes = no services, infrastructure.

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2022 at 07:53 AM

Gee, I'll bet if I went to homestead on your property you would then pay your taxes.
The local police also knows nobody pays their taxes, so you then wonder why the pee poor response y'all get when somebody just disappears.

Es Todo Bueno

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.