BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Do any of you drive your Mexican plated car deep into the US?
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2022 at 06:01 PM

Let us know how the Mex DL goes. Do they offer bilingual applications? What do you need to get a Mex DL? Written test? Driving test?

I believe non-citizens up here in the USA can get a DL in most states.

John
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2022 at 06:10 PM

Drivers License Requirements BCS;

1. Blood Test (blood type shown on the DL)
2. 700/800 pesos, maybe more now, it's been a while
3. Proof of physical address, a CURP is best

Fill out the form, pay the fees, submit the blood type, no exam, no driving test, nothing.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 1-17-2022 at 07:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  
Drivers License Requirements
Fill out the form, pay the fees, submit the blood type, no exam, no driving test, nothing.

It must be sort of a "Darwinian" test, evidenced by all the white crosses along the highways.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
pacsur
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2022 at 05:50 AM

When I imported my Tacoma I paid an extra $50usd to have National plates, it can be driven anywhere on mainland, my Jeep has frontera plates, I would need to bond it if I took it to mainland, since then I have driven all around US western states and even onto military bases without an issue.
As far as vehicle registration in San Jose del Cabo my experience was if you went to the transito for registrations they only accept a limited amount of people each day and people line up early to get a number for the day since covid, and they only let you do one vehicle at a time since they want to do the mechanical inspection also, sometimes you can just pay the fee without a revision, but sometimes they get too greedy, it is a major pain and time consuming.
For the last few years I have been using a guy that deals with people’s vehicle paperwork, he also handles all the vehicle transactions for a few of the auto dealerships here, he drives daily to a nearby smaller transito and usually handles everything in 24 hours, the best part is for renewals I just screenshot my tarjeta de circulation and my license and the next day he delivers my new paperwork, he generally charges double what the fees normally would be, his fee is generally around $60-$70 usd per vehicle total, and the mechanical revisions are taking care of also, it’s well worth the money to me for all the time saved standing in lines for days since I have multiple vehicles, I was also able to plate 2 dirt bikes without any issues, they don’t really need to be plated here but it’s just for piece of mind if we ever got stopped going thru town to go ride, we carry the plates in our backpacks.
I was told they were taking appointments at the transito for a drivers license, but the appointments are 3-4 months out. I had a friend tell me to look online and found a government site that let me start the license renewal process, took 15 min, I was able to enter all my info, pay, and make an appointment for 3 days later at the Pedrin building that also handles all the city’s permits, but you have to go the the transito first a few km away to have them give you a clearance that shows you have no outstanding infractions tied to your license, it must be done within 24 hours of your license appointment, then at the Pedrin building you sign in and somebody will process your information and take your photo and you leave with your new license.

[Edited on 1-18-2022 by pacsur]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2022 at 06:29 AM

Drivers License Requirements BCS;

1. Blood Test (blood type shown on the DL)
2. 700/800 pesos, maybe more now, it's been a while
3. Proof of physical address, a CURP is best

No photo, or some proof of ID? Can you post up a picture of a MX license, as much as you feel safe?

John

Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2022 at 10:04 AM

Photo ID? Yep, forgot that, government issued, I presented my IFE the last renewal. INAPAM, Residencia, or Passport should work.

Post a photo of my license, phat chance.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2022 at 10:18 AM

Photo ID? Yep, forgot that, government issued, I presented my IFE the last renewal. INAPAM, Residencia, or Passport should work.

Post a photo of my license, phat chance.

Thanks for the information.

John
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
1-29-2022 at 08:52 AM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.