Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sad news
KasloKid
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2022 at 12:26 PM
Sad news

For those who are music buffs, I received a sad note today from Baja Pony Express:

Sad News - Alex DePue

Alex, 49, was killed in an auto accident, Thursday 2am in Baja. He was driving alone, going back home south of Tijuana after doing a show in San Diego. He and Aria Noelle Curzon-DePue were married just this past November. You can go to their FaceBook accounts and also Google Alex DePue for pictures, videos and more details.
For us old timers Alex would come down with Miguel DeHoyos and play their hearts out. It was like we had a symphony orchestra in our little town. ​​Alex will be missed by so, so many people​ and our hearts go out to Aria and their families.​
Blowing kisses to the fiddle angels, Cheryl​ and David​
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 1-28-2022 at 01:05 PM

our community is in shock, this amazing rock violinist will be dearly missed :(

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2022 at 07:36 PM

May he RIP

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2022 at 06:16 AM

My roommate told me about this, very sad. I think she said the accident was near the bridge entering Cantamar/Primo Tapia.

John
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2022 at 03:48 PM

That's sad news. We saw him perform with Miguel several times over the years. RIP.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

KasloKid
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2022 at 05:25 PM

You couldn't stump Alex with any tune request.... classical, rock, country western, jazz..... we tried, but he always came up with the goods!

Soon after he joined forces with Miguel, he and Miguel were supposed to play at my sons wedding in Los Barriles, but Alex had to bow out, so just Miguel performed. Still an awesome performance.

What a loss of incredible talent.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 1-29-2022 at 06:28 PM

Miguel will be performing solo this evening at Kraken, it will be something special im sure:D

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2022 at 08:36 PM

Very sad. Reminds me of a somewhat similar event in the small town of San Carlos in Sonora.

There was a well known and beloved musician, singer. About the same age, or a little older. Killed in a car accident about 10 to 15 years ago. Not long after getting married.

It rocked the town. I'm sure Nomad Hook remembers him.

[Edited on 1-30-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.