BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: What is up with driving on the beach?
Ducks4jimm

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 01:09 PM
What is up with driving on the beach?

Amigos, a bit of a rant. Here in the East Cape every playa has signs saying no driving. We all get this, the turtles need protection. My gripe is these signs are largely ignored, except by folks with beachfront homes who come out and complain when you drive by. This appears to be more of an effort to create private beach environments than to protect turtles. What will it be? No driving, launching, or kiteboarding, or a little common sense?

Obviously nobody likes jerks tearing up the beach; just looking for other opinions.
imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 01:44 PM

You're never going to stop it. Better to put energy in to marking turtle nests, relocating eggs, and signs to educate beach users to be careful.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 02:25 PM

Ripping across the beaching is one of the great joys in this world.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 03:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Ripping across the beaching is one of the great joys in this world.

It's a problem. I've heard gringoes are told not to ride on the Cerritos beach, but to head over to San Pedrito. ATV's ripping up the beach, 6 across.

I'm sitting where the beach drops off towards the water. I don't hear the ATV ripping up the beach. He passes 10' from me and scares the shlt out of me. I take it personally. I then sit facing up the beach I see him coming back. I take the metal bottom half of my umbrella apart. Now I have a club and walk to intersect his path and he sees me and starts veering away. His expression is concern.

Flock with me on the beach and consequences will be dire.

Otherwise, destroy the beach. Don't really care what people do. I'm a guest in MX. It's not my beach. F'ing people.

IT'S AGAINST THE MX FED LAW. Half the people care, half don't.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 03:27 PM

Problems with driving on the beaches.
Oregon pioneered using the beaches as highways.
I think this was before DK invented airing down.

1CB67AC1-89A7-46F4-90D0-CB45F647DCAB.jpeg - 95kB 698FA1EB-5D4C-4235-97F4-DE596C4D04DE.jpeg - 32kB
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 04:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

It's a problem. I've heard gringoes are told not to ride on the Cerritos beach, but to head over to San Pedrito. ATV's ripping up the beach, 6 across.

I'm sitting where the beach drops off towards the water. I don't hear the ATV ripping up the beach. He passes 10' from me and scares the shlt out of me. I take it personally. I then sit facing up the beach I see him coming back. I take the metal bottom half of my umbrella apart. Now I have a club and walk to intersect his path and he sees me and starts veering away. His expression is concern.

Otherwise, destroy the beach. Don't really care what people do. I'm a guest in MX. It's not my beach. F'ing people.

You'd get a rooster tail full of sand if you came at me with flimsy umbrella.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 04:18 PM

Must be east coast problem North Baja drive on beach . nobody there I get it people on beach . You ride slow and easy 99.9 Mexican problem racing on beach . Of course no enforcement as more important things to do .
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 04:19 PM

No smiley face? No emotional charges with respectful, slow, riders. Speed on a beach with homes, and it'll pi$$ most people off. Hope you're not one of those.

Remote, isolated beaches? RIP!

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 04:46 PM

Im sure mis understanding Lee . As if JZ driving on beach comes upon people . Stay as far away and slow as possible. As I do so doing that respect . We dont expect someone swinging there walking cane at us. Im with you when I see people abusing that .
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 05:10 PM

It's illegal to drive on the beach in Baja.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 05:10 PM

Perhaps we will meet while you are driving on the beach. We can have a chat about it.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 05:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

Perhaps we will meet while you are driving on the beach. We can have a chat about it.

How can you chat with a mouthful of sand?😂
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 05:15 PM

No smiley face? No emotional charges with respectful, slow, riders. Speed on a beach with homes, and it'll pi$$ most people off. Hope you're not one of those.

Remote, isolated beaches? RIP!

I'm funnin' with you Lee. :spingrin:

bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 05:41 PM

In Los Barriles riding on the beach is a very common event. The locals know the drill and do their best to respect beach goers, watch out for the turtles, and generally respect the privilege to able to drive when we all know its not legal. Its typically the tourists that are the problem, hauling ass, no respect for others, the list goes on. It doesn't help there are probably 5 or 6 rental places in town that cater to these tourists. With the popularity and the growth of the area its probably going to get worse before it gets better. Yes, its fun to ride on the beach no doubt about it, just don't be an a-hole... and for some that's a lot to ask.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 07:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajafreaks  
In Los Barriles riding on the beach is a very common event. The locals know the drill and do their best to respect beach goers, watch out for the turtles, and generally respect the privilege to able to drive when we all know its not legal. Its typically the tourists that are the problem, hauling ass, no respect for others, the list goes on. It doesn't help there are probably 5 or 6 rental places in town that cater to these tourists. With the popularity and the growth of the area its probably going to get worse before it gets better. Yes, its fun to ride on the beach no doubt about it, just don't be an a-hole... and for some that's a lot to ask.

yeah watch out for those turtle eggs:rolleyes:

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
BigOly
Senior Nomad

Mood: Easy Birder

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 09:33 PM

Look in to your heart. It's not that anyone is trying to take your Adrenaline rush away from you. No one is trying to take away your moment to look at the sky and sea from your vehicle while driving on the beach with the wind blowing in your hair . There are lots of beach launching access areas for boat and recreational fun...The volume of people competing for grains of sand is competitive and past the benefit of people only.
The endangered Snowy Plover is just one example of a living species that needs a specific beach habitat to simply exist. There are many more, think about it, please.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2022 at 10:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Im sure mis understanding Lee . As if JZ driving on beach comes upon people . Stay as far away and slow as possible. As I do so doing that respect . We dont expect someone swinging there walking cane at us. Im with you when I see people abusing that .

Should have made the distinction with ripping on beaches with people vs. isolated beaches. Didn't think, though, that JZ rode around people. Started tripping on my one bad experience.

Nothing I can do about the bad riders or gill nets that show up out front.

F*ck it.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2022 at 08:04 AM

Above the marine federal zone of 20 meters there is often a 7 meter zone for transit. This zone sometimes is naturally higher up and people may park in some fashion on either side of the transit zone and the federal zone.

Many gringos misunderstand that the Beach has roads, transit, commerce, patrimonial access rights for not only Mexican but all residents and visitors.

To be aggressive and block or attack people in transit is impeding their liberty which is a constitutional right.

Over the years, many gringos, personal friends, and activists have found themselves in conflict with individuals by acting to block access, thinking they are doing something moral and ethical, while they are antagonizing and behaving in an extreme and aggressive manner. Many of those people have either been driven out, and some disappeared.

It's probably a good idea to find your own place on the beach that suits your desires and leaves others to do the same.

[Edited on 2-1-2022 by gnukid]
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2022 at 11:07 AM

Why can't you just obey the signs? If there are no signs, then be respectful - and IMO, any dirt bike as in photo above, is LOUD, NASTY, STINKY AND WOULD BE UNWELCOME IN MY SPHERE ON THE BEACH. Share? MUST you drive up and down like some marooon? Like doing donuts - just driving around in the sand, circles? WHAT'S THE EFFING POINT? You want to go from Point A to Point B - do it legally. You want to enjoy the beach - do it legally. or stay the eff home. Plenty of ATV roads all across the USA in DESIGNATED NATIONAL LANDS. Knock yourself out.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2022 at 01:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Why can't you just obey the signs? If there are no signs, then be respectful - and IMO, any dirt bike as in photo above, is LOUD, NASTY, STINKY AND WOULD BE UNWELCOME IN MY SPHERE ON THE BEACH. Share? MUST you drive up and down like some marooon? Like doing donuts - just driving around in the sand, circles? WHAT'S THE EFFING POINT? You want to go from Point A to Point B - do it legally. You want to enjoy the beach - do it legally. or stay the eff home. Plenty of ATV roads all across the USA in DESIGNATED NATIONAL LANDS. Knock yourself out.

I'm sure it varies by location, but the places I've been to it is MX Nationals that make up the bulk of ppl ignoring the signs.

Do you yell at them?

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.