Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Funny story but not for me
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 2-8-2022 at 06:44 PM
Funny story but not for me

its 2019 YXZ1000r sxs it now has 5,000 miles problem free. Except for two weeks ago. My GF wanted to drive while I was dirt bike riding. So all other riders said are you nuts. I said well she drive it with me does fine. So i return end of day dirt biking. There it is parked in my driveway as I asked her. So I want to start it put in garage it will not start only runs one second. Run in house OK baby what did you do she said nothing . Look at all the pictures driving in canyons. So next day start working on it only thing we can find fuel pump in tank. Sounds like its having tuff time so order on from Calif 250.00. Week later put pump in same problem I get my auto repair guy to house. 3 hours work it has diesel in gas tank :light::biggrin::lol::O We fixed it quick working good . If she put diesel in it how did it get home:light:
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-8-2022 at 07:02 PM

She was probably just going to top off the tank for you, but couldn't find the kerosene! :smug:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2022 at 07:17 PM

:bounce: There is only one filling station here diesel pumps are not near gas pump. Who pushed her back to house ;)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2022 at 11:07 PM

Oh my gosh, what a story!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2022 at 12:21 PM

yes Baja Blanca . If she did put Diesel in SXS how did she get it back to house.
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2022 at 02:32 PM
Ah yes, the girlfriend

put diesel in my truck, quad, suv etc story. It happens more often than you would think it should in farm country. Just about everyone has a story about the time the wife or girlfriend did it.

They will run for a bit as a mix but the heavier diesel, more viscous, eventually creates issues as it clogs or is just too thick to pump it through the system. Can be a real pain in the arse, especially in fuel injected motors, but if you catch it early usually no harm no fouled up motor.

Here is a test on running diesel in small gas engines on Farm Project.
An impressive selection of "farm testing" on many products is done on his youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXLWLXz0iY4

Now you have another story. Welcome to the club. :lol:

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2022 at 05:42 PM

So, in the states most (not all) diesel pump handles are green and regular unleaded is black. It seems to be the opposite in Baja. I put a few gallons of regular in my diesel before I noticed the octane rating (ugh). Luckily it was only a couple of gallons, so I topped it off with 20 gallons of diesel. Not sure this would work with newer motors.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-9-2022 at 05:50 PM

About two years ago, my brother in laws' ex came by my house looking for him. She had borrowed someone's Mercedes diesel that was knocking like hell because she put gasoline in it.

She showed up again about an hour later on foot, because the Mercedes had developed some sort of problem!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2022 at 07:17 PM

LOL, should be all cleaned out for you now and you have a spare fule pump!
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 2-9-2022 at 07:42 PM

No problem. Lol. We have full grown men here at work that have done it multiple times.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2022 at 02:59 PM

Yes spare pump as I said . So how diesel got in there on her watch unknown. Never again anybody drives it unless im riding shot gun. The good thing with this YXZ from copilot seat left hand on E brake. Or key switch so she cant scare me.:D

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.