Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Guadalupe Spring to MEX5
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 2-21-2022 at 07:47 AM
Guadalupe Spring to MEX5

Guadalupe CaƱon to highway MEX5 going directly east. How are the conditions on these trail/tracks? Thinking deep sand. Are they navigable in a Tundra 4X4? Would not like to go all the way back to the north.

Exercise regularly. Eat sensibly. Die anyway.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2022 at 07:53 AM

Very drivable. Sand not likely to be an issue these days. Worst part is driving on old race roads with lots of whoops.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-21-2022 at 09:58 AM

My 'ancient' observations are on the road south from Guadalupe Canyon to Cohabuzo Junction then east to Laguna Salada basin and down and around the bottom of it to the sand dunes on Hwy. 5, near Km. 87.

I wrote the mileages in on the two roads to/from Guadalupe I drove to the south. The road east from Cohabuzo Jcn. went through an area of deep silt and was torn up from the Baja 1000, prior to my drive in 2002. The Mano Canyon grade was driven in 2003. A new gate was reported near the top?

MICK, John M, and other drove a more direct route from north of Cohabuzo across to the Sulfur Mine Road/ Rio Hardy area, in 2015. That is the one you are probably asking about?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2022 at 10:33 AM

David do you have the Km on Hwy 3? Blue line N of Independencia.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2022 at 11:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
David do you have the Km on Hwy 3? Blue line N of Independencia.

Km. 78.5

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2022 at 12:03 PM
gps track

Marc, i have a GPS track of the route that was viable several years ago.

If you have a gps or GAIA you could import it for reference.

U2U me with a email address if you are interested.

John M
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2022 at 02:25 AM

A while back "Geoff" posted a trip from Cantu Las Palmas (North of Guadalupe Canyon) east across Laguna Salada to a fumarole in the Sierra Cucapa. On YouTube a search of "Cucapa Gieser" brings up videos of 4x4 clubs out of Mexicali at the Fumarole so there must be a route from it to Hwy. 5. Might be a little bumpy. They are all driving lifted 4x4's.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2022 at 07:53 AM

I have geoffff's trip photo pages linked at www.vivabaja.com along with his route maps. See the links for 'Octopup' there.

[Edited on 2-22-2022 by David K]

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2022 at 08:15 AM

bajaric, An easy drive from Hwy 5 to the fumarole mentioned. 4x4 is needed for that last part due to soft sand. That road does go from Hwy5 to L Salida. And also to Geoffff's other explorations.

Fumarole Road.jpg - 221kB
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2022 at 09:11 AM

Can anybody supply the GPS track from Guadalupe Spring to MEX5 at Km40 and Lopez Mateos?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.