Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rattle snakes again
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 03:29 PM
Rattle snakes again

Wake up call last Saturday morning wet ground cold. We stopped one rider sat on a rock did look under first . Five mins later mr rattler came out rider could not move . So one crazy guy grabbed it by the tail threw it out . So we could send him back to his maker hate those things.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Wake up call last Saturday morning wet ground cold. We stopped one rider sat on a rock did look under first . Five mins later mr rattler came out rider could not move . So one crazy guy grabbed it by the tail threw it out . So we could send him back to his maker hate those things.

Rattle snakes get a bad rap. Just because they are a little scary doesn't mean that they do not deserve love, protection, respect.

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

Man up
conquer your fears
respect all animals
Leave the rattle snakes in peace.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 05:06 PM

I hate snakes.

We should banish them from the Earth.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BigOly
Senior Nomad

Mood: Easy Birder

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 05:55 PM

I moved out of my home when I was 15 and ½ years old. That's when I bought my first car from wages earned at the Ventura West Car Wash. Me and my friend Neil used to catch Pacific Rattlesnakes, milk the venom and sell it for $2.50 a vial for anti-venom research I think at UCLA? That was a lot of money for me back then. I love snakes!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 08:11 PM

Silly little boy MT666 you never been out your back yard. Kill all rattlers let God sort um out. They killed my good amigos dog nextdoor another one got in there house almost got there 7 year old child. Another one got in mom and pop store got the old lady . She was on death bed long time but made it. Mexico not good at snake bites. All mex ranchos kill all rattlers want to get on there good side . Kill any on there rancho
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 08:25 PM

Knock on wood, I've been lucky and only come across one snake in all my travels to Baja and Sonora over the last 20 years.

It was in the seven sisters on a trail. Not sure if it was rattler or not.

See a few out hiking in Agoura, especially in the Spring.

Last one I encountered was at a soccer field at our local middle school. It was on the weekend and I was just letting the dog run loose on the field. He went near a fence the snake went absolutely nuts. I ran screaming as loud as I could for him to stop and he stayed about 15 feet away. We took him to rattlesnake avoidance training or who knows what would have happened.

God I hate snakes. Evil creators. I'm in the kill 'em all boat.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

BigOly
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 08:31 PM

With all of the snakes doing their best to keep rodent populations under control, what is your problem? Do you want a billion rats with diseases spreading plagues throughout communities everywhere or do you want to watch your step and be aware?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 09:07 PM

On my property I often see snakes: striped racer, gopher, king, rosy boa,… and very rarely rattlers. Striped racer and gopher snakes seem to be most common.
My dogs have had avoidance training. When they find a snake, they stand back and bark excitedly… I think if it were not for the dogs alerting, I would not see or be aware of 9 out of 10 snakes. The dogs seem pretty savvy, they don’t try to mess with snakes.

We have a bunch of fruit trees, so got some rodents. The snakes serve a great role in keeping rodent population under control.

Snakes are totally cool.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 09:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

God I hate snakes. Evil creators. I'm in the kill 'em all boat.

Shorty McCoward:
Sounds like you need to go see the wizard for some courage. Maybe a little girl will protect you along the way.

Pretty illogical to kill non-venomous snakes…

Woke!

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 09:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Pretty illogical to kill non-venomous snakes…

Meant only the venomous ones.

BigOly
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2022 at 09:54 PM

It's so easy to move a snake, deadly type or not away from where ever. Just get a stick and scoop it into a trash can or even a 5 gallon bucket and take it away. Do you want someone to kill you because they don't understand you?

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2022 at 07:39 AM

My son and I were working on our cabin at Camo Gecko one summer, constantly going in and out the back door. On one exit I looked down and saw something curled up on the threshold, about the size of silver dollar. When I got close enough to see what it was, a small baby rattler in the strike position trying its best to rattle its tail.

Cute little bugger, we did the stick-into-the-bucket thing and carried it to the camp jerk's cabin and let it loose with strict instructions to stay there and not come back.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2022 at 07:51 AM

Must be quite a burden to live with that fear.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2022 at 08:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BigOly  
Do you want someone to kill you because they don't understand you?

Long-renowned tradition of homo sapiens. ;)

Prejudice, ignorance and fear are root cause of hate crimes.

Woke!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-10-2022 at 08:35 AM

It is possible to have a non-lethal rattlesnake encounter, as my 12-year-old daughter proved (having watched Steve Irwin, apparently):

This was a ('deadly') red diamondback rattlesnake on the road south of L.A. Bay and a just a bit north of the Las Animas junction. The snake (or my daughter) was not harmed.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2022 at 09:02 AM

I love nature. I don't use poison for rodents, or pesticides on my yard, so the birds and the bees (and the cats) do not get accidentally poisoned. However, if I see a rattle snake around an occupied dwelling I reluctantly kill it. In nature they should be left alone, you are in their living room. How would you feel if a snake came into your living room and cut off your head?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2022 at 10:56 AM

I knew my post would get nut case rattler lovers attention . After the dog death of sweet dog . We kill everyone we can find dont like it ? Never had one kill your dog in your house or seen a person in hospital? Well keep crying as we get rid of everyone we find . Ahh bajarc is your living room yours or are you ok with rattler in it. All write your concerns . Does not change a thing tell mexican Rancher your thoughts ?:bounce:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.