Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Trip to Mulege and GN
luvnbaja

Mood: Ready to go back

thumbup.gif posted on 4-5-2005 at 11:36 AM
Trip to Mulege and GN

Eight of us (and my boxer Cabo) headed south of the border on March 28th at 3am for a week of camping and Whale watching!! We got our tourist cards in GN with no problem. Our plan was to stay at Scammons for 2 days and then head to Bahia Concepcion. When we got to GN it was so windy they weren't taking the boats out for whale watching so we decided to head to Bahia Concepcion. The beaches were crowed the first day we got there, but we found a beautiful spot at Playa Escondida. The weather was warm but a little windy. We went out for a boat ride one day with Daniel ( he can be found at El Burro) He took us to a small island where we snorkeled for clams and scallops. We checked out all the other beaches and the campers started clearing out by Wed. We loved how everything is brought to you on the beach while you camp. Water (not drinkable) fresh shrimp, fish and scallops. The small store across from El burro had everything we had forgot and pretty nice bathrooms as well!! After 4 nights on the beach my teenage daughters had enough and wanted a real shower so we headed to Mulege. Stayed one night at Las casitas with our wonderful host Javier. We had the buffet that night (Friday) and headed to the whales at 5am Saturday morning. When we got there they told us the whales were gone:no:!!! They charged us only $15 a person and took us out anyway. They even watched my boxer while we went for our ride. I was hoping there might be just one whale left but nada!! We are going in early March next year!! We left GN and stopped at Camalitas for Tamales. YUMMM!! We stopped at Baja cactus for the night and WOW!! Beautiful clean rooms!! Crisp clean sheets and TV in English! My kids were in heaven! Had dinner at Mamas it was great but pricey. Headed to the border in the am stopping for breakfast in San Quintin at Viejo at km 195. Fast service and great food! Crossed the border at Otay with less than an hour wait on a Sunday. Can't wait to go back!! I'll try to post some photos on the photo board.:biggrin:

[Edited on 4-5-2005 by luvnbaja]
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 12:11 PM

nice trip sorry I missed you when you wear in Mulege. maybe next year.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.