Author: Subject: no more masks!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 4-25-2022 at 08:56 AM
no more masks!

woohoo:coolup:
https://www.elvigia.net/general/2022/4/25/sera-opcional-uso-...

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2022 at 01:06 PM

Anything to please the crowds... Compliance was sporadic anyway.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2022 at 02:16 PM

This is only in the northern BC and does not yet apply to BCS, is that correct? I have seen nothing to indicate the masks are not mandatory in La Paz yet.
Only more messages encouraging vaccinatins.
Here are the latest data for cases in BCS, still improving rapidly:
https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/

[Edited on 4-25-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-25-2022 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Anything to please the crowds... Compliance was sporadic anyway.

maybe where you live R&B but in my neck of the woods NOBODY goes into any establishment without a mask, temperature and a squirt!

John Hiatt
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-25-2022 at 02:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
This is only in the northern BC and does not yet apply to BCS, is that correct? I have seen nothing to indicate the masks are not mandatory in La Paz yet.
Only more messages encouraging vaccinatins.
Here are the latest data for cases in BCS, still improving rapidly:
https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/

[Edited on 4-25-2022 by JDCanuck]

don't know could only apply to norte....

John Hiatt
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2022 at 06:50 AM

When my wife and I flew from Boston to Cabo (via Phoenix) in February 2020, there were a small handful of people wearing masks in the airports, and we snickered at them, wondering if they were trying to protect us or themselves. Ditto for when we returned to Cape Cod in the middle of the month, with some older residents masking up in grocery stores. As we all know the messaging out of the CDC initially downplayed the use of masks before doing an about face in March. Initially we wore them everywhere except in our house and in our neighborhood when walking the dog. This included trips to the grocery store, which now were every other week instead of weekly, and always on a weekday morning to ensure smaller crowds.

Massachusetts began to remove some restrictions in May 2021, but it wasn't until late summer that masks became optional. We wore them most of the time when we were in public, but did go out to restaurants 2 or 3 times last summer, as well as attending 2 concerts (one outdoor, one indoor). My workplace invited people back in August 2021, but encouraged those who could work remotely to continue doing so. Fortunately that included me.

We wore masks in the airports and on the aircraft when we flew from Boston to Cabo in February of this year. There were pockets of non-compliance, always in the U.S. We kept ours on despite being delayed by a day and a half due to bad weather in Dallas. We also followed the protocols in BCS, where we masked up and sanitized wherever we went.

Omicron variant or not, by spring of 2022 we hardly saw anyone wearing masks anywhere. This included my doctor's office in Hyannis, where I kept mine on. I don't wear a mask to local stores any more, but will comply with any signage in a store or an office.

All of this is to say that like most people I dislike masks, but have read some of the case studies and generally agree that use of a proper mask will reduce the spread of infection in public places, particularly indoors. I don't know what we will do when we fly to California in June. I've heard the variable enforcement of masking on aircraft described as "leaving 2 doors open in a submarine". I'm not convinced the most recent ruling to rescind mask mandates on public transportation will be successfully appealed, leaving the responsibility up to individuals. Fun times!

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-26-2022 at 07:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
When my wife and I flew from Boston to Cabo (via Phoenix) in February 2020, there were a small handful of people wearing masks in the airports, and we snickered at them, wondering if they were trying to protect us or themselves. Ditto for when we returned to Cape Cod in the middle of the month, with some older residents masking up in grocery stores. As we all know the messaging out of the CDC initially downplayed the use of masks before doing an about face in March. Initially we wore them everywhere except in our house and in our neighborhood when walking the dog. This included trips to the grocery store, which now were every other week instead of weekly, and always on a weekday morning to ensure smaller crowds.

Massachusetts began to remove some restrictions in May 2021, but it wasn't until late summer that masks became optional. We wore them most of the time when we were in public, but did go out to restaurants 2 or 3 times last summer, as well as attending 2 concerts (one outdoor, one indoor). My workplace invited people back in August 2021, but encouraged those who could work remotely to continue doing so. Fortunately that included me.

We wore masks in the airports and on the aircraft when we flew from Boston to Cabo in February of this year. There were pockets of non-compliance, always in the U.S. We kept ours on despite being delayed by a day and a half due to bad weather in Dallas. We also followed the protocols in BCS, where we masked up and sanitized wherever we went.

Omicron variant or not, by spring of 2022 we hardly saw anyone wearing masks anywhere. This included my doctor's office in Hyannis, where I kept mine on. I don't wear a mask to local stores any more, but will comply with any signage in a store or an office.

All of this is to say that like most people I dislike masks, but have read some of the case studies and generally agree that use of a proper mask will reduce the spread of infection in public places, particularly indoors. I don't know what we will do when we fly to California in June. I've heard the variable enforcement of masking on aircraft described as "leaving 2 doors open in a submarine". I'm not convinced the most recent ruling to rescind mask mandates on public transportation will be successfully appealed, leaving the responsibility up to individuals. Fun times!

There are so many anti-mask sickos on planes! If they don’t have covid, they probably have cold, flu or TB. I strongly recommend you wear an N95.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 4-26-2022 at 08:47 AM

We flew to Maui April 17, masks required on the flight. On the island hopper and return home flight, no mask required. Some wore, some didn't. I'm just glad it shut the anti-maskers up and we didn't have to worry about an incident from someone attacking a flight attendant.
US 41
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2022 at 06:38 PM

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/mexico-corona...

COVID appears to be "over" in Mexico. If other states besides B.C. haven't lifted their mask mandates yet, I'm sure the others won't be too far behind. This article was posted 4 hours ago, so I'm sure a lot of places just haven't made the announcement yet.

[Edited on 4-27-2022 by US 41]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2022 at 08:19 PM

COVID is over?

You're keeping good company here with those who believe every damn thing the media spews out. Don't even have to read the BS link.

COVID is NOT over, doesn't matter what MX does. Between CA and CO, people are wearing masks esp inside.

Bet you believe in The Big Lie, too?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2022 at 08:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
COVID is over?

You're keeping good company here with those who believe every damn thing the media spews out. Don't even have to read the BS link.

COVID is NOT over, doesn't matter what MX does. Between CA and CO, people are wearing masks esp inside.

The VP just tested positive today. She has no symptoms. The 96 year old Queen of England got Covid 2 months ago, and had mild cold-like symptoms. Less than 7,000 people under 30 in the US died "with Covid" in the last 2 years.

Covid is way over. Even Goat has given up on rooting for the virus.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' Lee. Fifteen minutes ago I booked 4 tickets to watch Rod Steward and Cheap Trick at the Santa Barbara Bowl in June. #AlwaysLivin'Life

[Edited on 4-27-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-26-2022 at 08:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
COVID is over?

The VP just tested positive today. She has no symptoms. The 96 year old Queen of England got Covid 2 months ago, and had mild cold-like symptoms. Less than 7,000 people under 30 in the US died "with Covid" in the last 2 years.

Covid is way over. Even Goat has given up on rooting for the virus.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' Lee. Fifteen minutes ago I booked 4 tickets to watch Rod Steward and Cheap Trick at the Santa Barbara Bowl in June. #AlwaysLivin'Life

Covid ain’t over. It will come back.

And when it does come back, the stupidity of the anti-covid people will result in higher death rate.

People that object to following accepted public health measures “because freedom” are just going to amp up the deaths.

In 2021 covid was the 3rd leading cause of death in usa…

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2022 at 09:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

In 2021 covid was the 3rd leading cause of death in usa…

In 2021 the #1 cause of death for people age 18 to 45 was Fentanyl.

Which is flowing freely across our wide open Southern border.

A pin head of fentanyl mixed with weed can cause death. But you don't give two sh#ts about any of that, why??

https://www.abc12.com/news/fentanyl-number-one-cause-of-deat...

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-26-2022 at 10:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Covid is way over.

174,000 new cases worldwide in the past 24 hours and another 486 deaths, idjit.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2022 at 10:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

174,000 new cases worldwide in the past 24 hours and another 486 deaths, idjit.

Oh no!, cases cases, cases.

How many of the 400 "world-wide" died with Covid, not because of Covid?

And let us know how many ppl WW died from jaywalking, please, so we can make a comparison.

(**Before you say it, I'm sure the term "jaywalking," is somehow misogynistic and / or racist. Just let us know the new appropriate term, ok?**)

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2022 at 12:02 AM

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/bcs-podria-dejar-de-tener-uso-obl...

BCS podría dejar de tener uso obligatorio de mascarillas, en espacios abiertos: Gobernador

El Gobernador de Baja California Sur buscará plantear que ya no sea obligatorio el uso de la mascarilla en espacios abiertos
US 41
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2022 at 03:09 AM

COVID is over?

With all due respect, you might try to go learn how to read English before getting your triggered feelings hurt. Go read my original post again. I put the word "over" in quotation marks for a reason. COVID will probably never actually be over or at least for a really long time. The government trying to control it part is ending in most of the world.

I'm also an OTR truck driver. Literally no one wears masks anywhere anymore. I seriously doubt there's mask wearing going on all over between CO and CA. I was in Utah and Nevada in 2021, when masks were actually "required", and hardly anyone was actually wearing them. By the way you freaked out though I kind of doubt you get out much to actually know what's going on.
US 41
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2022 at 03:29 AM

Actually I rarely visit this site or post anything because every thread seems to turn into some kind if pi**ing contest over Covid. What I find amazing is that anyone that acts half terrified of Covid would ever cross the southern border into Mexico. The state department highly discourages travel to Mexico and most major news sources don't recommend it either.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2022 at 05:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by US 41  
Actually I rarely visit this site or post anything because every thread seems to turn into some kind if pi**ing contest over Covid. What I find amazing is that anyone that acts half terrified of Covid would ever cross the southern border into Mexico. The state department highly discourages travel to Mexico and most major news sources don't recommend it either.

Masks are still required here and people wear them. And there were very cases here in our village.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2022 at 09:28 AM

I'm still staying away from crowds and certainly airplanes. There may be long-term health problems even with mild cases:

"The latest analysis found that people who had had COVID-19 were about 40% more likely to develop diabetes up to a year later...."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00912-y

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.