Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Travel Insurance - source
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2022 at 07:43 AM
Travel Insurance - source

OK so My wife and I are doing the Summer cruise by Panterra - SOC - 5 days, alot of snorkeling - on a 20 passenger boat
https://panterra.com/expedition/summer-cruising-baja-style/

My only concern is Covid. I have no problem with them requiring a covid test 48 hours before departure - i think that's smart, and reasonable.

But If i happen to test positive - I'm going to need to have Trip insurance to get my money back (thats Panterras policy - again, I don't have an issue with that)

So I have not had "travel Insurance " before. I'm sure a google search will show literally hundreds of companies writing policies - so how do you know they are dependable companies?

anyone with first hand experience? a recommend for a dependable company?

Thanks

CAJ
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2022 at 10:30 AM

There is a guy who advertises on a San Diego fishing show,
Dawson Insurance Broker, La Mesa, Ca. Have no first hand knowledge,
just that folks get Travel Ins. from him for Long range fishing
trips,etc.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-11-2022 at 11:16 AM

Travel Guard and Allianz are a couple of the big players.

I have bought trip insurance twice, dont remember who was insurer, and I never made a claim.

Heard a few stories about claims made by friends and acquaintances, never heard a bad story, seems to be like most insurance, insurers pay if you are compliant with contract.

Probably best to buy policy from the big firms. I suppose they didnt get big by being bad.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2022 at 04:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sancho  
There is a guy who advertises on a San Diego fishing show,
Dawson Insurance Broker, La Mesa, Ca. Have no first hand knowledge,
just that folks get Travel Ins. from him for Long range fishing
trips,etc.

+1 I've heard him on "Let's Talk Hookup" several times, seems to know his stuff if you need any kind of travel insurance.

https://safariglobaltravel.com/

John

[Edited on 5-11-2022 by John Harper]
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
5-11-2022 at 09:24 PM
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2022 at 12:20 PM
insurance

https://www.discoverbaja.com/
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2022 at 12:29 PM

I just got a policy through Allianz for my European River Cruise next year. They were recommended by AAA

In Memory of E-57
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2023 at 07:54 AM

I just got trip insurance that was offered with my Delta ticket purchase - Allianz. Has trip interruption coverage and mentioned COVID too (don't remember what exactly). Thoroughly understand the Panterra policies -- would they just quarantine you on the ship or remove you? At an extra cost? Any future credit? Only 5 days? You could get COVID and not even know it until after.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.