Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: California Family to Stop Visiting Rosarito After Police Abuse
Copacetico1
Banned

[*] posted on 5-30-2022 at 11:05 AM
California Family to Stop Visiting Rosarito After Police Abuse

TIJUANA.- Tourists who visit Rosarito during the weekends suffer abuse by the police of that municipality without there being any agency that can attend to the complaints that they try to present, said Mr. Antonio González.

Mr. González and his family are residents of Los Angeles, California and continuously come to spend the weekend in Baja California, he said in an interview that they will avoid returning to Rosarito after being victims of police abuse.

The affected narrated that on Saturday night he had to witness how officers of the municipal police of Rosarito roamed the tourist area and in that work they approached many people who came walking, to whom they spit and took some belongings such as cell phones and money.

He added that he and his family were victims of police abuse when they left dinner and walked to the hotel where they stayed, officers after searching them, let them go and that was when he realized that he lost several belongings, but there was no one to inform him of the procedure to follow.

"We want this to go as far as it should go, to the top because it is not possible to abuse the visitors who come from California, we did not know where to put the complaint," lamented Mr. Antonio Gonzalez.

https://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/670363/fami...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-30-2022 at 12:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Copacetico1  

TIJUANA.- Tourists who visit Rosarito during the weekends suffer abuse by the police of that municipality without there being any agency that can attend to the complaints that they try to present, said Mr. Antonio González.

Mr. González and his family are residents of Los Angeles, California and continuously come to spend the weekend in Baja California, he said in an interview that they will avoid returning to Rosarito after being victims of police abuse.

The affected narrated that on Saturday night he had to witness how officers of the municipal police of Rosarito roamed the tourist area and in that work they approached many people who came walking, to whom they spit and took some belongings such as cell phones and money.

He added that he and his family were victims of police abuse when they left dinner and walked to the hotel where they stayed, officers after searching them, let them go and that was when he realized that he lost several belongings, but there was no one to inform him of the procedure to follow.

"We want this to go as far as it should go, to the top because it is not possible to abuse the visitors who come from California, we did not know where to put the complaint," lamented Mr. Antonio Gonzalez.

Sounds like normal Rosarito policing. Rosarito has had crooked cops for many, many years now…. The whole town is a cesspool of crooked cops, cartel, meth-heads, hoodlums and gang-bangers. There are many more reasons to avoid avoid Rosarito, the crooked cops are only one ingredient in the cess pool of crime.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-30-2022 at 01:43 PM

If only we could get Tacos El Yaqui to relocate!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 5-30-2022 at 02:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Sounds like normal Rosarito policing. Rosarito has had crooked cops for many, many years now…. The whole town is a cesspool of crooked cops, cartel, meth-heads, hoodlums and gang-bangers. There are many more reasons to avoid avoid Rosarito, the crooked cops are only one ingredient in the cess pool of crime.

interesting. we all know going either north or south you're not cast into rosarito you have to exit the toll road and purposely seek out the town and understandably many chose to just bypass it all. so how is it goat you profess to have your finger on the pulse of all things rosarito? where are you getting your up to date intel??

[Edited on 5-30-2022 by Don Pisto]

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2022 at 03:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

interesting. we all know going either north or south you're not cast into rosarito you have to exit the toll road and purposely seek out the town and understandably many chose to just bypass it all. so how is it Orin you profess to have your finger on the pulse of all things rosarito? where are you getting your up to date intel??

I read the news. I have Mexican friends in Ensenada, they converse and impart knowledge.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 5-30-2022 at 03:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

interesting. we all know going either north or south you're not cast into rosarito you have to exit the toll road and purposely seek out the town and understandably many chose to just bypass it all. so how is it Orin you profess to have your finger on the pulse of all things rosarito? where are you getting your up to date intel??

I read the news. I have Mexican friends in Ensenada, they converse and impart knowledge.

so you're full of chit....

[Edited on 5-30-2022 by Don Pisto]

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-30-2022 at 05:44 PM

Donkey goat is a tourist knows zip about Baja. Says his info from friends in Ensenada that is a lie. He has no friends JAJA ok the scoop on Rosarito . I have been going there 30 years or more . Have many amigo off road guys living there. I go to Rincon Tropical resort its in a canyon there off road. Drive in town many times dinner and what ever. They that do live there are happy no problems . I was only pulled over one time. Diving my SXS in town new law there they want a lic plate on all SXS. Yes he wanted little money so I dont go to police station. I told him no way i drive behind you to police station. They went 3 blocks gave back DL said we have another call. Maybe donkey Goat should look at crime watch San Deigo. Long list of bad people no bribs but every other bad thing you can think of.
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

lol.gif posted on 6-1-2022 at 10:08 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-1-2022 at 11:03 AM

The Gull returns! :bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2022 at 07:49 PM

Im glade somebody likes donkey goat stories ;)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2022 at 07:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The Gull returns! :bounce:

I think the gull has a house around rosarito area, housing community behind walls topped with razor wire and broken glass! Rosarito: get out if you can! If you can’t get out, barricade yourself behind walls and bars!

[Edited on 6-2-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 08:40 AM

JAJA still he is better off then you hiding in your basement . To scared to come out . Who brings you your feed Donkey Goat. :bounce:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 09:53 AM

This in unacceptable behaviour by the police. What is the translation of ESCULCAR? Thru context, it sounds like "accost"?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 11:55 AM

There are out of control cops everyplace . I have many stories in Ca of there abuse. Even at 18 years old I could easy handle them. No yelling fighting but dont put up with it. Same here there are many places to file complaint . Also Laws to protect None Mexicans.
Maderita
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 01:14 PM

Asistencia al Turista desde Rosarito 1(800) 027-3137

Asistencia al Turista desde Tijuana 1(800) 028-0888

Secretaria de Turismo en Tijuana (664) 682-3367

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 03:00 PM

There you go from mex police I know he said. They have the power to put police in jail or fired.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 07:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
There are out of control cops everyplace . I have many stories in Ca of there abuse. Even at 18 years old I could easy handle them. No yelling fighting but dont put up with it. Same here there are many places to file complaint . Also Laws to protect None Mexicans.

Usa cops are no angels, but relative to Mexican cops the USA cops look like flocking saints.
Bajatrailslug: you are delusional if you think usa cops walk around tourist spots in usa extorting money from tourists. In Mexico, the cops are viciously fleecing tourist, especially if they display any vulnerability or weakness.
Mexican cops are all bad news, wouldnt trust a single one.

Woke!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2022 at 12:55 PM

Well Well the know nothing speaks garbage again . Yes San Deigo police dont take bribes . They just shoot unarmed people . Mex Cops all bad ? I would trust anyone over your Garbage get real . You think anyone on this site listens your garbage? :?:
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2022 at 12:14 AM

Where do you guys meet all these corrupt police? All the police officers I have run across have been either benign, asked a few standard questions and waved me through check stops with a "buenos dias" or extremely helpful to us tourists when we sought directions. Wish ours still behaved that same way. Only one time, when I parked in an Ascensio Decensio zone unknowingly did i get a fine. It was a cheap language lesson.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2022 at 05:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Where do you guys meet all these corrupt police?

I read a Mex newspaper that covers northern BC. Rosarito does have an especially corrupt police force.

For example, yesterday:

"Rosarito BC.- Given the alleged police abuses and acts of extortion against vehicle drivers, the Trustee of Rosarito, Jaime Ibarra Acedo, announced that the checkpoints for inspection by the municipal police were suspended indefinitely, after the different complaints that have been filed.

The official commented that particularly at the checkpoint that was placed on Corridor 2000 , there were many complaints and two agents were even suspended due to accusations against them for abuse of power in one of the cases and in the other, for hitting a motorist trying to prevent his vehicle from being towed."

https://www.elimparcial.com/tijuana/rosarito/Suspenden-reten...

[Edited on 6-4-2022 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.